PDA

View Full Version : KAC 2stage vs single stage ?

tw4
12-16-13, 23:44
I just picked up a SR15 E3- I have been running QMS and ACT triggers in my Noveskes

How many of you knights guys stay with the 2 stage?
Anybody switch out to a single stage?

BGREID
12-17-13, 15:20
I like a single stage, my newest rifles have the geissele, super dynamic 3 gun trigger. It runs around three pounds and is very quick with the double taps.

Kain
12-17-13, 15:37
I would suggest that you shoot it and see how you like it and go from there. Depending on what you are doing with the rifle it might be the shit, or it could just be shitty for your purposes. Only you are really going to be able to decide on that.

Boba Fett v2
12-17-13, 16:07
I didn't feel the need the need to swap out the KAC 2-stage. It's an excellent trigger, and one of the reasons for the premium price of the rifle. Came in real handy when I was zeroing the rifle shooting off a bipod. Mine came equipped with the newer drop-in 2-stage, which is supposedly a marked improvement over the previous incarnation. For every other AR I've ever owned/built, I've been perfectly fine with a good old fashioned well broken-in milspec FCG. The ALG triggers are great, and ultimately it's up to you to decide if it's what you want to run on all your guns.

tw4
12-17-13, 18:50
It looks and feels nice - just dont' now what niche this rifle is going to fill. I guess I was wondering if any single stage shooters liked it and kept it regardless of preference. My upper is at Bolt carrier getting the rail swapped out for a URX4- I provided the KAC correct gas block for the URX4. So I cant roll to the range and try it out yet. Thx for your thoughts

wilson1911
12-18-13, 22:52
I would have to say I like the 2-stage much better. I like the fact that I can work the trigger reset much better. This allows me keep my finger "on" and spend time concentrating on breaking my shots better. That being said, I do run a SD3G on a Noveske rifle. I also prefer the flat trigger to a curved, but I shoot a 1911 also.

When you are shooting an AR, are you like me and do not even feel, or think about the trigger much when trying to engage targets fast ? When the T1 is dancing around do you like the quicker break better ? I do like being able to place my finger on the trigger and be "ready" when active.

I also shoot geissele enhanced triggers. They tend to be much crisper that the kac.

tw4
12-18-13, 22:58
I would have to say I like the 2-stage much better. I like the fact that I can work the trigger reset much better. This allows me keep my finger "on" and spend time concentrating on breaking my shots better. That being said, I do run a SD3G on a Noveske rifle. I also prefer the flat trigger to a curved, but I shoot a 1911 also.

When you are shooting an AR, are you like me and do not even feel, or think about the trigger much when trying to engage targets fast ? When the T1 is dancing around do you like the quicker break better ? I do like being able to place my finger on the trigger and be "ready" when active.

I also shoot geissele enhanced triggers. They tend to be much crisper that the kac.

Thats funny I run a T1 also. I have only run a 2 stage Geissele trigger in my prior owned magpul/ Noveske SPR and it was bench stuff. We will see I'll run some fast heart rate up drills soon and make a call. THX

Gark
12-19-13, 00:23
I kept the KAC two stage which I like very much and run a two stage Geissele on my SCAR 17.

Tejasmtb
12-19-13, 07:56
I've had single stage Timney triggers in past guns and I really enjoyed the crisp, clean break at 3.5-4.5lbs. I have the older 2-stage KAC trigger in my SR-15 and I think it's a great trigger. When I have it next to my Geissele enhanced 2-stage in the 300BLK I can tell a difference. Take up is about the same between the two but the Geissele has absolutely no creep in the second stage, there is a tiny amount of slack and grittiness in the KAC second stage. That being said the KAC trigger is still far better than any mil-spec trigger and I am more than happy to continue using it. I guess if I had a few hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket and nothing else to buy I might consider upgrading it.

rapomstage3
12-19-13, 20:05
I like the kac since it comes with it. Otherwise I can shoot any trigger just as good as the next one for the type of shooting I do. That being said if I was buying a rifle that can mil spec, I would use alg as I have one in my bcm and it is awesome. I'm just as fast and accurate with single and two stage. I would prefer 2 stage if I was shooting long range though.