PDA

View Full Version : crappy 3 gun stage!!!

evilmonkey
05-12-08, 03:07
So yesterday Im in a 3 gun match and im in a all rifle stage except if your rifle goes down then you can use your handgun. The stage is a 46 round minimum, so im about a 1/4 of the way through it and my AR goes down( lucky for me all the long shots were already engaged). so I pull out my Glock 17 and start engaging all the rest of the targets and im about 12 or 13 rounds through the mag and it malfunctions. The first thing I do is tap, rack, and bang drill and at the rack part of the drill it wouldn't pull back! so twenty seconds later I finally get it locked back and it runs through out the match without a hitch! The pistol malfunction I believe was a failure to eject. The front of the casing got caught right on top of the chamber and the back end was still in the breech face next to the ejector. After the stage I found the casing and the front of the casing was bent in a little from the barrel and the back of it had a little ding from the ejector. What do you all think caused this? At the end of the match I shot about 210 rounds to see if it would malfunction again but it ran without a hitch. The gun is completly stock and I have had it for about two months and have shot about 3000 rounds through it. The gun was taken completly apart and cleaned two nights before the match so it wasn't dirty( I always clean the extractor throughly). The ammo I was shooting was remington UMC which I have shot 2500 of the 3000 rounds that I have used and it has always shot it without a hitch. The only other malfunction I have had was a stovepipe jam with remington white box out of a 33rd( Im pretty sure it was the 33 round mag that caused the jam). So what do you all think caused the jam?