PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone received a belt from Jones Tactical in the last month?

ggammell
12-20-13, 09:24
I ordered a 1.75 shooters belt from Jones Tactical at the end of August. It tells of a 7 week or more lead time for production and shipping. OK, cool. I've done the custom year thing before and am prepared for the wait. 12 to 14 weeks pass and I've heard nothing. It took three emails and a voicemail before I finally heard back from the company. It was a cursory "I've been busy and you're order is still processing" response. He didn't give an ETA. If he would have said I can oh make ten per week and you're a hundred down ID at least know where I stood. The lack of communication is surprising.

Now I'm at 4 months. I sent another email but haven't heard back.

Has anyone gotten anything from the since thanksgiving or thereabouts? I'm beginning to wonder if I should write of my $70 as a loss and search for another manufacturer.

scoutfsu99
12-20-13, 09:41
I was talking to a friend a couple nights ago about his JT belt. He placed his order in January and received it around October. He also said that the color scheme is wrong but that he's so thankful his money didn't disappear, he didn't say anything.

Jones Tactical is known for his looooong delays, vague time frames, and lack of communication.

Good luck.

trackmagic
12-20-13, 18:28
If you can cancel your order, I just bought a belt from OSOE and he had it made in about 10 days and shipped. I should get it Monday. I hear some people don't like John at OSOE, but his products are nice and my experience was good.

HKGuns
12-20-13, 18:49
Those must be some "special" belts to wait that long. That is one bad ass wait!

ggammell
12-20-13, 18:59
I emailed them again tonight and got a response. It seems like you've got to take a tough tone to get a response. They offered to refund my money which I accepted as he could not give an ETA on the belt. Too bad. Everyone who has one speaks very highly of them.

calicojack
12-21-13, 12:54
order one from john. you'll have it in less than two weeks. he's got almost an entire room of sewers dedicated to nothing but making belts.

ggammell
12-21-13, 13:18
I decided to go with the 1.5 from HSGI. LA Police Gear has them on back order for a week or so but with a sale price of $54. The 1.5 will go with more pants too. I also don't need the d ring.

Tzoid
12-25-13, 21:16
I would not say "everyone" maybe his buddies or fan boys. I own too many belts and hands down the Ares Ranger is the best belt I own. The HSGI is a decent belt as is the Endeavor stitch works & Wilderness. You did the right thing getting your cash back.

duece71
12-26-13, 06:43
I have 2 JT Cobra Shooters belts and they are extremely well made. I ordered a couple of years ago and the wait times were fairly lengthily then as well. Took 6-7 months. I got 2 of them due to the fact that the first one was sent to the wrong address, which I recovered. Before I could get a hold of JT to tell him, I got a second one as a replacement. I just ended up keeping the second one as well and payed for both. Awesome belt, long wait. I believe he is/was a one man operation. I don't know if that has changed though. Good luck.

SeriousStudent
12-26-13, 19:03
I'm closing this one, since the OP has a refund and a new belt from a different vendor on order.

If the OP needs it reopened, he can give me a shout.

SeriousStudent
01-23-14, 20:45
Reopening per the OP's request for an update on the order.

TomF
01-23-14, 21:43
Jones stole his design from Ares Gear, has consistently blown lead times, and plays the 'squeaky wheel' game online where he puts the guys that bitch the most to the front of the line to get them to stop posting negative comments. Then that customer has great things to say because they finally received their product (over the quoted lead time).

What really happened is he broke his promise to everyone else in line. "First come, first serve" really isn't. This is a tactic a lot of companies play and I'm surprised people still put up with it.

The original (Ares) is IN STOCK at a number of retailers or direct from the manufacturer. Why anyone would shop elsewhere is beyond me.

ra2bach
01-23-14, 23:49
well... that went to shit fast...

Endur
01-24-14, 02:03
Good luck, I ordered in June and still have not gotten my FatZombie.. I will probably end up getting a Ares and watch my now 4yr old son graduate high school before the Jones belt ships.

ggammell
01-24-14, 07:11
Update on the original post...

So he promised a refund to settle the issue before the holidays. A few weeks went by with nothing. It took three emails with the last one advising future communications would be through small claims court. About an hour later I had $75 in my paypal account.

The whole thing is unfortunate. There are so many good models in the business to follow. How many custom shops tell you straight up they aren't taking orders because they have so much already?

Anyway, the HSGI belt came this week after a slight backorder. The only surprising and possibly negative thing is how long the tail is. Damn near wraps around to the back.

sva01
01-24-14, 07:51
I cut the tail off mine right where the velcro ends. Makes it much easier to thread the Cobra buckle as well.

Anyway, the HSGI belt came this week after a slight backorder. The only surprising and possibly negative thing is how long the tail is. Damn near wraps around to the back.

ra2bach
01-24-14, 13:07
Update on the original post...

So he promised a refund to settle the issue before the holidays. A few weeks went by with nothing. It took three emails with the last one advising future communications would be through small claims court. About an hour later I had $75 in my paypal account.

The whole thing is unfortunate. There are so many good models in the business to follow. How many custom shops tell you straight up they aren't taking orders because they have so much already?

did you size it to go through their SureGrip molle belt?..

ggammell
01-24-14, 13:33
Nope. Just use as a pants belt.

weggy
01-24-14, 16:23
Hey, lighten up, them damn canvases are hard to stalk and harder to kill.

ggammell
01-24-14, 16:52
Hey, lighten up, them damn canvases are hard to stalk and harder to kill.

What?

jmcrawf1
01-24-14, 16:53
I wonder if Jones Tactical is going the way of Secret City Weaponeers....

scoutfsu99
01-24-14, 19:45
I wonder if Jones Tactical is going the way of Secret City Weaponeers....

He's been doing this forever, it's not a new phenomenon.

Psybain
01-24-14, 21:34
Theres a similar thread at the ITS Tactical forums going back to july or aug (or maybe longer) about a similar situation. I'll never consider wasting my money on his stuff.

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk. There will be typos.

Tzoid
01-24-14, 21:47
There was a thread here a few years ago and his fanboys were pimping his belts and he chimed in and acted like an elitist asshole. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

ZoneOne
01-24-14, 22:59
Just go with Ares and be done with it. It's that simple. Most likely the belt you're looking at from JT is an Ares design anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggammell
01-24-14, 23:10
Just go with Ares and be done with it. It's that simple. Most likely the belt you're looking at from JT is an Ares design anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for the lower profile cobra buckle thT join ends of the belt rather than the thicker Res style that puts the buckle on top of the nylon.

gun71530
01-24-14, 23:23
I was looking for the lower profile cobra buckle thT join ends of the belt rather than the thicker Res style that puts the buckle on top of the nylon.

Hit up Volund Gearworks. He takes custom orders, and will likely get it to you within a week.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ggammell
01-24-14, 23:26
Hit up Volund Gearworks. He takes custom orders, and will likely get it to you within a week.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Already have the HSGI.

Mods, I think the usefulness of this one has run it's course. Feel free to close as you see fit.

SeriousStudent
01-25-14, 13:25
Done. Closed per OP's request.