PDA

View Full Version : AR Upper Kits

hecklerxkoch
12-20-13, 17:09
Hey guys I was thinking of putting together a couple of AR's for kind of fun shooting...nothing I really need to take care of or anything, so they probably won't get cleaned much, if any. I have the lowers, just wanting to get upper kits to go on them. I am wanting something relatively cheap but not crap...maybe like $500 or so apiece. All I have is the stripped lowers, I need everything else...what are your thoughts on quality for the price? Also where is the best place to order from? Gunbroker has dpms kits for roughly $600...is there a better option? Thanks in advance!

wahoo95
12-20-13, 17:10
Check with Palmetto State Armory

rdmega
12-20-13, 17:44
Psa if you need under $500 total, bcm if you can swing $600 or so. For extra guns, and if you already have a quality carbine psa is fine imo

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

hecklerxkoch
12-20-13, 17:53
Great, thanks! Should I look for chrome lining? How beneficial is that?

rdmega
12-20-13, 21:43
Depends on use, but all my barrels are chrome except a stainless 18" lmt that is my precision gun.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

PA PATRIOT
12-21-13, 15:38
Use caution when buying from PSA as they are very Cryptic with item descriptions, don't assume your getting any one participial Part/Item/Spec from them unless it is specifically listed in the item description.