PDA

View Full Version : ETA on the MOE Handguards?

sdcromer
05-12-08, 11:20
I just downloaded the 2008 catalog and propaganda and I really like the looks of the MOE carbine handguards. When can we expect to see them in basic black?

DrDrake
05-12-08, 16:29
We're shooting for fall.

sdcromer
05-12-08, 16:54
Thanks DrD.

If you need someone to do a review on the pre production models (like you don't already have a list a mile long ;) ) just holler.

mike240
05-12-08, 23:16
I am interested in them too. Just add a short rail at about 1100 o clock with an A1 upper and call it done. These are supposed to take rails in the slots aren't they?

SoDak
05-21-08, 19:42
Those hanguards look just like what I need, an inexpensive yet quality handguard set that it would be easy to mount a light rail on. I also enjoyed the line "... or how I stopped worrying and learned to love a polymer magazine" on the pmag page of the catolog, sounds like me when I got mine.

chadbag
05-22-08, 02:42
I like the kind of different FAL-ish look of the MOE handguards

Chad

SoDak
07-25-08, 00:25
Two other questions. I think I read somewhere that the MOE handguard had slots at the six o'clock position. If so, would it be strong enough for a vfg just for light/range use? Also, any other info you can release on the handguards at this time?

mike240
09-15-08, 12:54
No I will not ask about the released date, but would like to know about the rail mounting options etc as stated above. Anyone?

IroquoisSnakePlissken
09-17-08, 20:36
I'm taking a guess here, but I was wondering the same thing myself. The only theory I can come up with is that Picatinny rails can be added, based on the user's preference of length, mounted through the slots in the upper section of the handguard. Now, what would be cool is if MagPul offered some sort of drop-in, no-tooling, variable section of rail to click right in to the slots.

I'm probably way off, since I already showed my ass on the KRISS/MBUS issue early in the week...

That's the only way I can see it, but I'm probably missing something.

Anything the 'Pul has made has been the Pinnacle of the available options, so I'm sure this handguard isn't going to break stride with their current catalogue of kick-ass good-guy gear.

Stickman
09-17-08, 22:29
Two other questions. I think I read somewhere that the MOE handguard had slots at the six o'clock position. If so, would it be strong enough for a vfg just for light/range use?

Indeed it will.

IroquoisSnakePlissken
09-18-08, 18:39
I think the deal-sealer for these hand guards will be if Dr. Drake runs them over with a Dualie, and subsequently installs them onto a rifle.

SoDak
09-18-08, 21:48
Indeed it will.

Cool. I can wait for magpul to release these (no need to rush a good product), but it sure would be nice to see some more pictures of them.

Stickman
09-18-08, 21:56
Cool. I can wait for magpul to release these (no need to rush a good product), but it sure would be nice to see some more pictures of them.

I've posted pictures in the past that have made people complain. Instead of appreciating a look at what is upcoming within the manufacturing community, they felt cheated, and complained.

Magpul was the last company that was willing to share its ideas, concepts, and thoughts outloud/ online. They took abuse for it, and have since stopped. I don't blame them, getting spit on for trying to share ideas is a poor way for some to say thanks.

When they are ready, I'm sure we will see a lot more pictures of the MOE handguards.

LawDog
11-13-08, 12:52
Anyone know if I will be able to bridge my eotech on these handguard, or just move it on to them???

Legion_Prime
11-15-08, 14:42
I've seen pics of these with a VFG on another site and I definitely want a set of these for my current build.

SoDak
11-21-08, 22:12
I hate to ask this, but will the demand for pmags put the production of the moe handguard on hold? I'm not trying to ask when it's coming out, I just was curious if it's coming out at all. I want to get myself a railed forend for christmas and would prefer to just get a moe handguard. If you can't answer this question I completely understand.

sdcromer
11-21-08, 23:25
I sure hope they are spending all of their time making P-mags. I need a few more and can wait on the handguards.

Solomon
11-23-08, 05:53
I sure hope they are spending all of their time making P-mags. I need a few more and can wait on the handguards.

+1 ... and for any non-magazine production I'd say focus on the UBR stocks

mattal21
12-16-08, 18:09
Can't wait for these to come out. I'd love get a set in fde.

Any news on these yet?