PDA

View Full Version : KAHR Arms

Voodoochild
09-09-06, 21:19
So does anyone have any experiences with KAHR pistols. I have shot my friends P45 and it is a very nice piece light and compact. I have been looking for a new Pistol or Rifle not sure on which but I have been looking at either a 239 SAS or A KAHR P40. My only problem with the Sig's are they are heavy I ahev a 229R DAK that I attempt to CC but it is like carrying around a brick.

Any suggestions experiences would be very helpful. Thanks ahead of time.

Dport
09-09-06, 21:34
I shot a Kahr .40 cal of some sort. The trigger was heavy. The reset was long. Generally, I didn't care for it.

Joe R.
09-10-06, 13:19
I had a PM9 that I really wanted to like, it was small, light, quick reloads...

But it never did work at 100%. I had numerous failures to feed (and this was with Federal 9BP which has a very good nose profile). This issue continued through over 350 rounds and a trip back to Kahr.

The other problem is the self unloading magazines. The top round would walk out of the magazine unless it was in a mag pouch. I would place the spare mag in my off-side pocket or fanny pack and after a short time the top round would be laying loose in my pocket having unloaded itself from the mag. The next round was normally working it's way out as well.

Like I said, I wanted to like it. It was flat, light and easy to hide, but in the long run it got traded on a Smith 442. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but I know the J frame will work, and with the CTC laser grips it's even better.

Sam
09-10-06, 13:51
I had two Kahrs, the MK9 stainless and P9 polymer frame. Both were reliable, accurate for such small pistols and the triggers were good. The smaller MK9 was easier to shoot accurately than a J frame S&W for most people who don't practice with their pocket pistols. It was heavier than my 642, so I chose not to carry it in the pocket. The P9 works better in a holster, in an IWB it practically disappeared under a t-shirt.

MAP
09-10-06, 19:15
I have a PM9 that I carry off duty. Never had a malfunction. It was of the first lot manufactured. Trigger pull is adequate. Accuracy is more than acceptable for its purpose.

Mike

IDCC
09-12-06, 21:17
They just dont fit my hand. Also I refuse to support the moonie cult due to the death of my Aunt so I wont own a KAHR.

dubb-1
09-12-06, 21:21
I don't care for them at all.

Voodoochild
09-12-06, 21:25
Explain your issues with them if you dont mind.

justbill
09-14-06, 17:38
I've recently read of significant reliability and parts wear problems with the guns used by NYPD. There was a recent GlockTalk thread that included replies by several purported NYPD officers that sounded far too convincing to be typical Internet chatter. It appears to affect newer guns.

SuicideHz
09-15-06, 10:07
Joe R.- just don't get yourself an Avatar that is similar than mine or there will be trouble! :D

Akoni
10-17-06, 10:01
I have a PM9 that has been great as a hideaway or BUG. I've got about 800 rds through it and it has been fully reliable and is accurate. I've slowed shooting with it and now I'm only running 50 rds a month through it for proficiency and do some dry firing with it.

My good experience with the PM9 led me to get a P45 which is the best shape/size 45acp for concealment in hot weather I have come across; it's just so dang flat! It disappears in a CTAC under a t-shirt. I'm a 1911 person but the P45 is a sweet concealment package...and then I took it to the range.....and now it's at Kahr. I hope they get the issues with it fixed because I want to trust that gun.

In summation, I'm not totally convinced with Kahr's. They have a a good concept with their light, small, flat packages but the execution may need a little polish. I'll report back about the P45. I also don't know how long (round count) a polymer framed Kahr will last. I doubt it's glock-like in that respect.