PDA

View Full Version : Video: Garden City Cop Threatens To Ticket Man Washing Car In Own Driveway

Belloc
12-21-13, 17:25
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/12/20/video-goes-viral-after-cop-threatens-to-ticket-man-washing-his-car-on-long-island/

Moose-Knuckle
12-21-13, 17:41
I have to wonder as to what the Garden City ordinance states. The home owner's issue may lie with the City Council rather than the PD.

Our code enforcers are real ball busters, they are not LEOs but a seperate department of the city. During drought conditions you will get cited for watering your lawn during a restricted period, washing cars, that sort of thing.

J-Dub
12-21-13, 17:46
Classic case of a neighbor who doesnt like the guy washing his car so he calls the cops. Believe it or not, people use da POlice to do their dirty work.

I would laugh at the RP and tell him grow up, and leave. It would turn in to a complaint but oh well...

Belloc
12-21-13, 17:52
I have to wonder as to what the Garden City ordinance states. The home owner's issue may lie with the City Council rather than the PD.

Our code enforcers are real ball busters, they are not LEOs but a seperate department of the city. During drought conditions you will get cited for watering your lawn during a restricted period, washing cars, that sort of thing.

The officer reads from the ordinance and says, "Water violations: washing motor vehicles if you live in a public place".
But if it was on private property, then what is the violation?

Moose-Knuckle
12-21-13, 18:00
The officer reads from the ordinance and says, "Water violations: washing motor vehicles if you live in a public place".
But if it was on private property, then what is the violation?

I should have been more clear, what does "live in a public place" mean according to their code? The officer also stated "in view in a public place". I can open carry in my drive way due to the fact that it is private property but I cannot sun tan nude in it as it is in view of the public. Wished I had the time and money to "test" the system sometimes lol.