PDA

View Full Version : Beware - Freedom Ammo 223 Reman

ATL_Matt
12-23-13, 13:50
Just a quick heads up for anyone who uses Freedom Ammo. I've been a generally happy customer for many years and always had good luck with their products but had stated getting blown primers in a number of my rifles a month or two ago - perhaps 10 or more per 50 round box. Originally thought it was a problem with the rifles but it now looks like they have experienced some bad runs of 223 reman. (October - November timeframe).

I spent time and money trying to figure out what was wrong before I confirmed the ammo as the root cause. They confirmed that they will replace or refund but it can be a bit a serious problem with primers in your lowers (2 got stuck and acted like a safety), double feeds as well as primers wedged in the chamber prohibiting bolt lock-up.

Just wanted to provide anyone interested with a heads up.

Matt

ATL_Matt
12-27-13, 16:41
Wanted to provide a follow-up on how Freedom handled this. They acknowledged the problem, sent me an RMA and pre-paid UPS label for all rounds not expended (including loose rounds where I had discarded the box) and agreed to provide a full refund, credit or exchange at my option. I elected to exchange for new 9MM and they provided an advantageous exchange value which made me feel pretty good about things. Overall, while the problem didn't inspire confidence, the way the company stepped up and handled it was very professional and I felt I owed it to them to make sure people got that information as well.
Matt