PDA

View Full Version : BAD Lowers

coastwatcher42
12-23-13, 15:48
The Battle Arms Development lowers are getting closer to reality. I saw this today:

http://jerkingthetrigger.com

Maybe Duffy can chime in with an ETA.

SilverBullet432
12-23-13, 16:26
Sexy!

Blak1508
12-23-13, 18:17
I had to change my underwear.... Twice.

officerX
12-23-13, 20:25
More info here https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?133594-RE-Battle-Arms-Development-AR-receivers/page2

Duffy
12-23-13, 21:26
Gentlemen, it is indeed progressing nicely. There were hiccups along the way, some expected, other weren't. We generally kept this low profile, judging by the unforeseen delays we experienced, we didn't know how long it'd be before general release.

Re: the engraving, given the high standards we hold ourselves to, we were taken aback by how nicely it turned out. I think we're pretty modest folks, so coming from us this really was something lol.

When we have a firm ETA, we'd love to release more pictures and disclose more details.

As is our wont, we spend a lot of time doing a few projects really well, and this is no exception. Nothing earth shattering (I reckon it'd be hard to do with a lower), it's a high quality forged lower receiver with refinements we deem appropriate for our first foray into the lower receiver business :)

jaxman7
12-23-13, 21:36
Good luck with the endeavor Roger. I am a late bloomer to your gear. After using the CASS 45 for a few months and using your pins I am looking forward to this lower. CoryCop kept harping on you guys and I finally gave in. ;)

-Jax

Duffy
12-23-13, 21:52
Haha Cory is a beta tester for us, his input gets incorporated into products, as well as that from other testers :)

kwelz
12-23-13, 21:55
Can't wait to see these in the wild. I really want to get my hands on one.

Everything else you all have produced has been top notch and no doubt these will be the same.

levik97
12-23-13, 22:39
I didn't even know these were coming out until I saw this thread! I'm sure it will be an absolutely great product made by an absolutely great company. I can definitely see myself owning one of these in the future!

Levi

Duffy
12-23-13, 22:54
Thank you guys! We owe much to the online community, and the m4c mods and members especially. We will always strive to earn your trust and business :)

308sako
12-23-13, 23:15
Is there enough room on there for my trust information?

ejskle
12-24-13, 07:32
With the Noveske GenIII lowers apparently no longer forged, a forged lower with an integral trigger guard and flared magwell would fill a nice hole in the market. Although I'd guess that no one else is doing them for a reason.

Duffy
12-24-13, 08:02
The mag well is as flared as we can contrive without making the mag well edge too thin and sharp. The forgings are what many large manufacturers use, so the final shape is somewhat dictated by the forgings.

There will be plenty of room for trust info :)

Bolt_Overide
12-24-13, 09:08
Send me one and Ill test the dogshit out of it for ya...

Duffy
12-24-13, 10:23
The mag well opening and receiver has not been deburred, so the opening looks rather shiny and stands out.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_0350_zps66b37175.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_0350_zps66b37175.jpg.html)

Koshinn
12-24-13, 10:56
With the Noveske GenIII lowers apparently no longer forged, a forged lower with an integral trigger guard and flared magwell would fill a nice hole in the market. Although I'd guess that no one else is doing them for a reason.

S&W and Lancer offer forged lowers with integral trigger guards and a flared magwell.

Looks good, Duffy!

Duffy
12-24-13, 11:01
Right, the forgings we buy don't have it though :(
We can have different forgings made for us, I think they'll want a volume we can't commit to just yet, as we haven't sold a single receiver yet and don't have any basis to make a good estimate ;)

_Stormin_
12-24-13, 13:21
We can have different forgings made for us, I think they'll want a volume we can't commit to just yet, as we haven't sold a single receiver yet and don't have any basis to make a good estimate ;)

And that's the smart way to handle any new business venture. You've got time and money sank into R&D and production long before you make a single cent on the product itself. Unless you know that you're going to be able to move a huge volume of them through pre-sale to retailers with contracted orders (and therefore an expected revenue stream), playing it reasonably safe keeps you in business.

Duffy
12-24-13, 14:14
Thanks! We are in this for the long haul, we've had to control the growth at times lest it runs away at directions we didn't plan on, and end up in positions we don't want to be in.
I'm a lot more adventurous than my partner, it's a good thing it's tempered by his cautiousness :)

jaxman7
12-24-13, 18:19
The mag well opening and receiver has not been deburred, so the opening looks rather shiny and stands out.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/IMG_0350_zps66b37175.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Duffypoo/media/IMG_0350_zps66b37175.jpg.html)

I flare my own magwells Roger. That makes mine look awful. Ha Ha. Seriously though that looks fantastic. Plus the lower is standard profile so it will take one of my Redi-Mags. Like.

-Jax

mrvip27
12-25-13, 03:06
nice!

SteveL
12-25-13, 09:06
When these hit the market it will give me just the excuse I need to start building another rifle.

Duffy
12-25-13, 09:49
Thank you jaxman7, the freshly done flaring looks very good. Once deburred and anodized the looks may not be there, but the flaring is still fairly pronounced.

mrvip27
12-25-13, 14:51
Thank you jaxman7, the freshly done flaring looks very good. Once deburred and anodized the looks may not be there, but the flaring is still fairly pronounced.

Do we have a rough estimate on release?

KCBRUIN
12-25-13, 17:46
Very nice. I had no clue these were coming. I was just gonna get another BCM, but I love my BAD-ASS, and that roll mark is pretty sick.