PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal SLR-107 mag catch problem...help!

kav92
12-28-13, 13:53
It turns out that I wasn't "rocking" the mag in correctly(user error on my part). I wrongly ASSumed that the nub on the upper opposite side from the lug was to prevent over-insertion. This is my first AK, and I'm used to the AR platform and just sliding the mag into the magwell. Thanks Bret for point out my mistake!
Mods please delete this thread

SpeedRacer
12-28-13, 14:06
I would try A before worrying about B, C or D.

I've had AKs with mag lockup ranging from too tight to hotdog in a hallway. Never had an issue with any of them.

In use with quality mags if there IS an issue, personally I'd send it back.

Bret
12-28-13, 22:49
How about a picture of the magazine that came with the rifle? We need to make sure that it's the correct Bulgarian made 5rd magazine and not another one like a Vepr 5rd magazine which has a thinner magazine catch.

Assuming that it's the correct magazine, then I would definitely start with "A". If it does cycle and eject properly, you can absolutely forget about option "E". Heck, even if it's not working properly, option "E" is a gamble.

Wolfhound86
12-28-13, 22:57
Don't worry about mag wobble, even circle 10s will wobble in certain AKs. It's fine.

96 SS
12-29-13, 07:28
I'll combine what the last two said:
If you have a proper mil-spec original com-bloc magazine and when you use it the rifle functions properly you are GTG.

kav92
12-29-13, 07:35
How about a picture of the magazine that came with the rifle? We need to make sure that it's the correct Bulgarian made 5rd magazine and not another one like a Vepr 5rd magazine which has a thinner magazine catch.

Assuming that it's the correct magazine, then I would definitely start with "A". If it does cycle and eject properly, you can absolutely forget about option "E". Heck, even if it's not working properly, option "E" is a gamble.

I've uploaded a pic and link to the mag's "wobble" on my youtube on the bottom of my original post.

Draufganger
12-29-13, 07:48
from the video op posted, i would say the mags actually goes IN little too much, but does not drop too low. i think it will be just fine, but just maybe when "monopoding" with the mag, it might induce some kind of failure to feed like the nose of the round hitting the "chamber face"..

Bret
12-29-13, 09:29
Why didn't you have the magazine in all the way when you made the video?

kav92
12-29-13, 09:53
Why didn't you have the magazine in all the way when you made the video?

Well I'll be dammed! I was inserting the mag incorrectly. This is my first AK, I am used to the AR platform and just sliding the mags straight into the magwell. Turns out I wasn't fully "rocking" the mag in correctly. Thanks it fits like a glove now!

Draufganger
12-30-13, 01:15
there goes the theory that every peasant can use a AK, just pick it up. ;)