PDA

View Full Version : High Threat Concealment - any experience with them?

Beachboy
01-01-14, 18:29
I like the look and concept of the High Threat Concealment (HTC) Low Profile System, but not the price!

https://www.highthreatconcealment.com/viewProduct.asp?pid=3

For kydex gear, it seems rather expensive, but I would like to hear if anyone is running this entire rig and what your thoughts are.

I'd also like to hear any experiences with the HTC Blow-out Kit.

KiraX105
01-03-14, 15:02
I have that system. I've used it in a Pat Mac class and it worked fine. I do not normally run a belt system and I did not have any significant issues with it. I wore it once out to dinner with a hooded sweatshirt over it. No one seemed the wiser that I had the system on. I did remove the blow out pack prior to, due to the fact that it does stick out and pattern under my clothes.

I plan on using at another class later this month that is more pistol centric and won't be needing the m4 mags, but i'll just leave them empty as opposed to removing them from the belt.

Putting the blow out kit back on is a bit of a chore having to rethread the kydex prongs back into the webbing. I replaced the radio mount with a utility pouch more suited to my needs.

I also received a discount for being .mil, so i didn't pay full price for it. You'd have to contact them via email to get it.

Beachboy
01-03-14, 16:39
Thanks KiraX, good info. Interesting points, as I was especially curious about wearing the blow-out kit and the radio holder. I usually run a Dark Angel blow-out kit on my plate carrier, chest rig or my basic Tac belt rig, so I had not made my mind up about this one. And when I would use this the most I wouldn't be wearing my radio, if using it, it would normally been in a vehicle.
Also good to know about difficulty is re attachment in advance. Thanks for the tip about discount, I'm not .mil but they seem easy to do business with.