01-02-14, 12:04
http://www.magpul.com/move

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 2, 2014

Duane Liptak, Director of Product Management and Marketing
Tel: 303-828-3460x170

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR RELOCATION

Company Is Moving Operations to Wyoming and Texas

Magpul Industries announced today that it is relocating its operations to Wyoming and Texas.

The company is relocating manufacturing, distribution and shipping operations to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Magpul is leasing a 58,000 square foot manufacturing and distribution facility during the construction of a 100,000 square foot build-to-suit facility in the Cheyenne Business Parkway. The Wyoming relocation is being completed with support from Governor Matt Mead, the Wyoming Business Council and Cheyenne LEADS.

Magpul is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas. Three North Central Texas sites are under final consideration, and the transition to the Texas headquarters will begin as soon as the facility is selected. The Texas relocation is being accomplished with support from Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Economic Development Corporation.

“Magpul made the decision to relocate in March 2013 and has proceeded on an aggressive but deliberate path” says Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul Industries. “These dual moves will be carried out in a manner that ensures our operations and supply chain will not be interrupted and our loyal customers will not be affected.”

The company began a nationwide search for a new base of operations after legislation was enacted in Colorado that dramatically limits the sale of firearms accessories – the core of Magpul’s business. Magpul plans on initially transitioning 92% of its current workforce outside of Colorado within 12-16 months and will maintain only limited operations in Colorado.

"Moving operations to states that support our culture of individual liberties and personal responsibility is important,” says Richard Fitzpatrick, Chief Executive Officer for Magpul Industries. “This relocation will also improve business operations and logistics as we utilize the strengths of Texas and Wyoming in our expansion.”

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s403x403/1517400_712219092123776_2115954684_n.jpg

skydivr
01-02-14, 12:07
Sucks to be you, Colorado...but i'm sure you'll be too high to notice....

Congrats to TX and WY, would have loved to seen you in TN!

Shorts
01-02-14, 12:10
Outstanding!

J-Dub
01-02-14, 12:25
Interesting. Think they're hiring?

philcam
01-02-14, 12:30
Welcome to Texas!

Doc. Holiday
01-02-14, 12:40
Awesome! So is Magpul already moved to Texas and Wyoming or are they moving there in the next few months?

BrigandTwoFour
01-02-14, 12:43
Does that mean we can stop listening to all the naysayers out there who said this would never happen?

Good for Magpul. I've spent some time in Cheyanne, really nice area. I twas actually one of the first places I thought of when Magpul said they were going to move, since its still pretty close to Denver, but has all the positives of Wyoming.

ptmccain
01-02-14, 13:05
More from The Truth About Guns blog site:

Press release:

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR RELOCATION

Magpul Industries announced today that the company is relocating manufacturing, distribution and shipping operations to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Magpul is leasing a 58,000 square foot manufacturing and distribution facility during the construction of a 100,000 square foot build-to-suit facility in the Cheyenne Business Parkway. The Wyoming relocation is being completed with support from Governor Matt Mead, the Wyoming Business Council and Cheyenne LEADS. Magpul is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas. Three North Central Texas sites are under final consideration, and the transition to the Texas headquarters will begin as soon as the facility is selected. The Texas relocation is being accomplished with support from Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Economic Development Corporation . . .

“Magpul made the decision to relocate in March 2013 and has proceeded on an aggressive but deliberate path” says Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul Industries. “These dual moves will be carried out in a manner that ensures our operations and supply chain will not be interrupted and our loyal customers will not be affected.”

The company began a nationwide search for a new base of operations after legislation was enacted in Colorado that dramatically limits the sale of firearms accessories – the core of Magpul’s business. Magpul plans on initially transitioning 92% of its current workforce outside of Colorado within 12-16 months and will maintain only limited operations in Colorado.

“Moving operations to states that support our culture of individual liberties and personal responsibility is important,” says Richard Fitzpatrick, Chief Executive Officer for Magpul Industries. “This relocation will also improve business operations and logistics as we utilize the strengths of Texas and Wyoming in our expansion.”

About Magpul
Founded in 1999, Magpul was launched to manufacture an innovative device to aid in the manipulation of rifle magazines while reloading under stress. The company’s name comes from the original product called the Magpul. Over the last decade Magpul has continued to grow and develop into additional product areas using much the same mission and process with a focus on innovation, creativity, and efficiency.

For more information, please contact Duane Liptak at dliptak@magpul.com, 303.828.3460 x170.

###

OFFICE OF GOVERNOR MATT MEAD
State Capitol
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Ph. (307) 777-7437

January 2, 2014

******FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE******

Renny MacKay
Communications Director
renny.mackay@wyo.gov

Governor Welcomes Magpul Industries to Wyoming

CHEYENNE, Wyo. – Magpul Industries has announced that it will relocate its manufacturing, distribution and shipping operations to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Governor Matt Mead expressed his support in helping with the move, which begins immediately and his appreciation for Magpul recognizing the state’s benefits to a manufacturing company.

“Wyoming and Magpul are a great match. The state is looking to expand and diversify its economy. Bringing an innovative and growing manufacturing operation to Wyoming is a significant step for the state. We offer Magpul an attractive tax environment, stable and reasonable regulations, not to mention a firm commitment to uphold the Second Amendment,” Governor Mead said.

The company plans to lease a 58,000 square foot manufacturing and distribution facility while the construction of a new 100,000+ square foot build-to-suit facility is being completed in the Cheyenne Business Parkway. This two-phased approach allows for rapid movement of operations out of Colorado where the company is currently located. Additionally, Magpul is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas.

Magpul Industries has been looking at relocation since early this year. “Magpul made the decision to relocate in March 2013 and has proceeded in an aggressive but deliberate manner,” said Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul Industries. “These dual moves will be carried out in a manner that ensures our operations and supply chain will not be interrupted and our loyal customers will not be affected.”

“Magpul has a core set of values that guides its business plan, its relationship with its employees and how it develops and produces its products,” said Randy Bruns, Chief Executive Officer of Cheyenne LEADS. “We are pleased that they will be anchoring that approach to business here in southeast Wyoming. The company’s move to Cheyenne represents a significant expansion of local manufacturing and job diversity.”

Cheyenne LEADS is pursuing a grant and loan package through the Wyoming Business Council that will enable LEADS to construct a building that can be leased to Magpul. Cheyenne LEADS has secured a temporary facility in a vacant warehouse and committed to bring it into useable condition and make it available to Magpul while a new facility is under construction. “This project has clearly been a team effort of the Governor’s Office, the Wyoming Business Council, Laramie County and Cheyenne LEADS, working closely with Magpul,” states Bruns. “It is to the credit of the Cheyenne community and LEADS’ board of directors, past and present, that LEADS has the capacity to play an important role in bringing Magpul here.”

Magpul was founded in 1999 with the intent of developing a simple device to aid in the manipulation of rifle magazines while reloading under stress. Since that time, the company has expanded its production line to include consumer products and firearm accessories from phone cases to rifle stocks to magazines based on proprietary composite material. The company products are known for their extreme reliability and durability and have become some of the most sought after accessories in the industry. “This company brings a new level of manufacturing capability to Cheyenne and the state,” stated Bob Jensen, Chief Executive Officer of the Wyoming Business Council. “It will serve as a magnet that will help significantly grow Wyoming’s manufacturing industry and is a great investment for Wyoming.”

-end-

Office of the Governor

Rick Perry

For Immediate Distribution

Jan. 2, 2014

Press Release

Governor’s Press Office: 512-463-1826

Lucy Nashed: lucy.nashed@gov.texas.gov

In Case You Missed It: Magpul Industries to Move Headquarters to Texas

AUSTIN – Firearm accessories manufacturer Magpul Industries has announced it is relocating its corporate headquarters from Colorado to Texas. Magpul began a nationwide relocation search following the passage of anti-2nd Amendment legislation in Colorado this summer that made it difficult for the company to do business.

“In Texas, we understand that freedom breeds prosperity, which is why we’ve built our economy around principles that allow employers to innovate, keep more of what they earn, and create jobs,” Gov. Perry said. “I’m proud that Magpul is the latest employer to join the ranks of companies that call Texas home.”

“Excessive government regulation undermines a culture based on personal responsibility and creates a detrimental business environment,” Magpul CEO Richard Fitzpatrick said. “Texas supports personal freedoms and our company will thrive in that environment.”

Gov. Perry has reached out to more than 30 firearm manufacturers in states across the country that are considering restricting sales and manufacturing in the industry. Magpul cited the Lone Star State’s business-friendly environment, predictable regulations and consistent respect for the Second Amendment as key elements in its decision to relocate.

###

magpul

DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED AND ASSEMBLED IN THE USA

ptmccain
01-02-14, 13:05
Does that mean we can stop listening to all the naysayers out there who said this would never happen?.

Yes, yes we can.

ptmccain
01-02-14, 13:06
So is Magpul already moved to Texas and Wyoming or are they moving there in the next few months?

Note the date on the press release then read the press release.

RancidSumo
01-02-14, 13:07
Does that mean we can stop listening to all the naysayers out there who said this would never happen?

Good for Magpul. I've spent some time in Cheyanne, really nice area. I twas actually one of the first places I thought of when Magpul said they were going to move, since its still pretty close to Denver, but has all the positives of Wyoming.

Cheyenne is a good location for a company like Magpul to have manufacturing/distribution but it's not somewhere I'd want to live. Frankly, it's a shithole and the wind never stops blowing.

SilverBullet432
01-02-14, 13:19
Welcome to Tejas Magpul! You will be loved here!

montanadave
01-02-14, 13:49
Cheyenne is a good location for a company like Magpul to have manufacturing/distribution but it's not somewhere I'd want to live. Frankly, it's a shithole and the wind never stops blowing.

A guy from Golden bitchin' about the wind? :D

Cheyenne always seemed like a pretty logical choice from a logistics POV (interstate highways and such). But I agree, not the first place in Wyoming I'd pick.

BrigandTwoFour
01-02-14, 14:24

Heh, fair point. I suppose I should have prefaced that by saying that Cheyanne was nice relative to where I had been living for five and a half years. Compared to Great Falls, Montana, Cheyanne had a lot going for it.

Doc. Holiday
01-02-14, 14:26
Note the date on the press release then read the press release.

Saw it. Thanks!

austinN4
01-02-14, 14:47
SilverBullet beat me to it, but welcome to Texas, Magpul. We are happy to have you here.

Eurodriver
01-02-14, 14:57
Why not move everyone to Texas? Wyoming is freaking cold, although Colorado isn't much better I suppose (I've never even seen snow, so my opinion means nothing)

Maybe Wyoming is cheaper because it's closer?

RancidSumo
01-02-14, 15:05
Cheyenne is roughly two hours from their current location and is at the intersection of two major interstates, I-25 and I-80. Regardless of the fact that Cheyenne is a miserable place to be, logistically it makes a lot of sense, as montanadave pointed out. It would make more sense to just move everything to Cheyenne but I'm guessing the higher-ups in Magpul's corporate ladder don't want to have to live there.

SomeOtherGuy
01-02-14, 15:07
Why not move everyone to Texas? Wyoming is freaking cold, although Colorado isn't much better I suppose (I've never even seen snow, so my opinion means nothing)

Maybe Wyoming is cheaper because it's closer?

Employees who want to stay with Magpul can potentially commute to Cheyenne. A long commute, but doable. Commuting to Texas, not so much. I would expect they won't have to change their workforce much at the time of the move. Over time some employees will probably move to Cheyenne or at least close to it, and others may find other jobs while Magpul hires new ones on a regular sort of process, not an emergency re-start process.

Abraxas
01-02-14, 15:13
I am just glad Magpul was not full of empty threats

Renegade
01-02-14, 15:20
I would expect they won't have to change their workforce much at the time of the move.

Magpul plans on initially transitioning 92% of its current workforce outside of Colorado within 12-16 months and will maintain only limited operations in Colorado.

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-14, 15:29
Magpul moving to N Central TX, the wife and I will be looking for career opportunities as soon as they are posted if any!

Welcome to DFW Magpul!!!!

brickboy240
01-02-14, 15:52
We'll take all gun makers.

...next!

SeriousStudent
01-02-14, 16:03
Magpul moving to N Central TX, the wife and I will be looking for career opportunities as soon as they are posted if any!

Welcome to DFW Magpul!!!!

Honestly, it might not be DFW. People's definitions on what "North Central Texas" means tends to vary. We'll see how it shakes out, and good luck with the applications.

I hope their move is smooth and without issue. I wish they had never been forced to leave Colorado. But I have a lot of respect for people who stand for principle, especially when it's difficult.

J-Dub
01-02-14, 16:06

Too bad all the greenies don't think that way.

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-14, 16:14
Honestly, it might not be DFW. People's definitions on what "North Central Texas" means tends to vary. We'll see how it shakes out, and good luck with the applications.

I hope their move is smooth and without issue. I wish they had never been forced to leave Colorado. But I have a lot of respect for people who stand for principle, especially when it's difficult.

Agreed on all accounts. DFW is huge so I ass-u-me'd that the sites they are looking at are here. Time will tell . . .

RancidSumo
01-02-14, 16:15
Too bad all the greenies don't think that way, im sure the people of Cheyenne would welcome an end to the invasion of the green hoard...

Except I'm a 6th generation Wyomingite that lived in Wyoming for 18 years. My family members were some of the earliest homesteaders in the state so I'm about as much of a Wyomingite as they come and I still say a large portion of the state is an uninhabitable wasteland with Cheyenne right at the top of that list.

brushy bill
01-02-14, 16:16
Hope to see Colt and Beretta follow suite. I doubt Remington, Mossberg, et al will, but believe Colt and Beretta are considering a move as well.

Outlander Systems
01-02-14, 17:47
Magpul deserves a salute.

This was a bold move on the company's part, and shows that they will act in accordance with their principles. I applaud them for their decision to relocate to places that still stand for what this country was founded on.

Doc. Holiday
01-02-14, 17:53
It costs a lot of money to relocate, but it pays off in principle and sales.

_Stormin_
It was good to see this on their Facebook this morning. I am interested that they moved manufacturing to Wyoming, and their corporate HQ to Texas. I have a feeling that location, taxation, and political climate payed a part in both selections. Wyoming has no taxes on personal or corporate income with a low sales tax, and no tax on unsold inventories held for resale (critical for a company that manufactures products to move to distributors), and is ranked the most business friendly state in terms of overall taxation. Only having to move very expensive plastics machinery a couple of hours is a far better plan than moving it a third of the way across the country. Cheyenne is well located, the capital, and most populous city in the state (better potential workforce with expected turnover). Of course, only speculation, they could be maintaining diversified locations to insulate against future political instability, though TX and WY seem kinda safe.

FlyingHunter
Magpul deserves a salute.

This was a bold move on the company's part, and shows that they will act in accordance with their principles. I applaud them for their decision to relocate to places that still stand for what this country was founded on.

Exactly what I was thinking and I'll add that I will show them my respect and appreciation with my wallet.

Armati
01-02-14, 18:17
So, two cents.

I have never been a Magpul fanboy. I like their pistol grips however. But now, I feel that I must support them for making such a principled move. Looking forward to those 25rd SR25 mags!

Any comment from the Gov of Colorado on this move?

Outlander Systems
01-02-14, 18:22
Exactly what I was thinking and I'll add that I will show them my respect and appreciation with my wallet.

Precisely. I am currently in need of a stock for a build. I will reward them on their move. It's rare I get the opportunity to support a company for something other than a good product. These days, companies tend to be soulless machines. It's good to see some are still run by upstanding, principled owners and management.

Iraqgunz
01-02-14, 19:05
Hopefully they stay away from Austin until people school the LEO's there on firearms laws.

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-14, 19:15
Hopefully they stay away from Austin until people school the LEO's there on firearms laws.

Austin is the liberal cess pool of the state, the city motto is "Keep Austin Weird". Harris and Dallas counties are not much better as those types tend to mass in large cities.

Dienekes
01-02-14, 20:03
Raised on the Northern Plains; forced to live on the Left Coast. First chance I got I got the hell out of that toxic climate with my pension and relocated to Wyoming. There are a damn sight worse things than wind and cold.

Denver traffic, for one.

Welcome, Magpul.

Iraqgunz
01-02-14, 20:08
Well aware of that which is part of the reason I made the comment.

Austin is the liberal cess pool of the state, the city motto is "Keep Austin Weird". Harris and Dallas counties are not much better as those types tend to mass in large cities.

Belmont31R
01-02-14, 20:10

I don't like Austin for their politics (I live in Williamson Co) but pretty much every big city in Texas in run by Democrats just like the rest of the country. Houston has a he-she mayor and Dallas' mayor is a Democrat.

TacMedic556
01-02-14, 20:24
The entire firearms community needs to pay attention to this, applaud this, broadcast this and spread the message that if you try to impinge on the right to self defense, it will hurt your state economy. THANK YOU MAGPUL!

Big A
01-02-14, 21:04
I never doubted them for a minute.

This is the best news all year.

NWPilgrim
01-02-14, 21:07
I'm going find something I need to put on my AR from Magpul this winter. Put off several things such as MOE handguards, buttstock, etc as low priority items. But have to vote my support with my wallet!

SteveS
01-03-14, 00:12
I was hoping for a relocation to Ka li fornia. No?

Belmont31R
01-03-14, 00:32
I was hoping for a relocation to Ka li fornia. No?

lol I grew up in Temecula and no way.

Doc. Holiday
01-03-14, 09:07
Hopefully this relocation will inspire them to make 5.45 pmags.... :D

Eurodriver
01-03-14, 10:46
The entire firearms community needs to pay attention to this, applaud this, broadcast this and spread the message that if you try to impinge on the right to self defense, it will hurt your state economy. THANK YOU MAGPUL!

Yep. Colorado just lost $85,000,000 a year in tax revenue.

LOL

eodinert
01-03-14, 10:48
I'm happy they announced it so we don't have to listen to people beg them to move to ___________ (insert name of state here).

brickboy240
01-03-14, 11:26
Hell...if you go back and read the comments section in the Denver Post articles about Magpul leaving...they are GLAD to be losing all that tax revenue. There were comments like "don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out" and worse nonsense. The majority acted GLAD they were leaving!

Libtards are just amazing in their level of economic stupidity.

-brickboy240

Doc. Holiday
01-03-14, 11:28
They think this is a win for them (Liberals). Little do they know....

brickboy240
01-03-14, 11:34
I hope they cheer Colt when they finally leave Hartford and set up shop in Texas.

(oh...we can dream...can't we?)

-brickboy240

Shorts
01-03-14, 12:15

LOL

They'll get it back from pot sales :sarcastic:

It'll be interesting to see how the economics of CO pan out in the next few years. Their policies and legislation have driven out outdoorsman/sport/tv money as well as oil/gas/energy production money.

brickboy240
01-03-14, 12:20
Colorado's economics will go the way that CA economics has gone.

Straight down the tubes.

This is what happens when you have a large influx of leftists and leftist politicians in power over time. Like a hoard of locusts....hey eat, mangle and destroy a fertile field and leave it utterly useless.

-brickboy240

austinN4
01-03-14, 12:23
Colorado's economics will go the way that CA economics has gone. Straight down the tubes.
This is what happens when you have a large influx of leftists and leftist politicians in power over time. Like a hoard of locusts....hey eat, mangle and destroy a fertile field and leave it utterly useless.-brickboy240
I agree with, but I also see it happening here in Texas. While our population growth is a strength, a lot of it is coming from liberal states. Our big metro areas are already blue.

Brahmzy
01-03-14, 12:31
Hell...if you go back and read the comments section in the Denver Post articles about Magpul leaving...they are GLAD to be losing all that tax revenue. There were comments like "don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out" and worse nonsense. The majority acted GLAD they were leaving!

Libtards are just amazing in their level of economic stupidity.

-brickboy240
Of course you'll see this in the DP - it's horribly left. Filled with disgusting, clueless, lying libs. There are tons of us here left fighting the battle. Poor choice of words. Tons of us still fighting the battle.

I agree with, but I also see it happening here in Texas. While our population growth is a strength, a lot of it is coming from liberal states. Our big metro areas are already blue.
Absolutely. It seems every other day I read something left coming out of TX. You all better be on your toes. What happened here in CO only took about 10 years to happen.

brickboy240
01-03-14, 12:32
Yeah but our big metro areas have been blue for quite some time now. Mayors offices and city councils in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin have been run by leftists for 10-15 years or more when you think about it.

However, the outlying areas are pretty damn red. It is no surprise that the largest Tea Party group in America is the Sugar Land Tea Party group and the Woodlands group is not far behind. These are both suburbs of Houston. The burbs around Dallas, Ft. Worth and San Antonio are still very solidly red and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

I know in Austin...it seems like the left is taking over all of Texas but that is simply not true.

We do have our leftists but they usually stay in the urban areas and are mostly for comic relief...not like CA, CT or NY...where they are a majority and run the whole show, politically, for the state.

The left does have a dream of turning Texas all blue but I am sorry..that day is still very far away.

-brickboy240

austinN4
01-03-14, 12:40
The left does have a dream of turning Texas all blue but I am sorry..that day is still very far away.-brickboy240
The timing is, of course, the question, but it is happening, slowly but surely.

brickboy240
01-03-14, 13:00
Step away from Travis County and look at the situation honestly.

Does the pink tennis shoe lady even stand a GHOST of a chance of defeating Gregg Abbott in the next governor's election? Could she even get past maybe 12-15% of the popular vote on a good day. That is really pushing it.

I know you are seeing tons of "turn Texas blue" bumper stickers in Austin and the left SAYS they want to turn Texas blue. But they also want to even out incomes and give everyone free healthcare so i would not put too much stock in what the left WANTS and what ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

They are two very different things....especially in Texas.

austinN4
01-03-14, 14:22
Does the pink tennis shoe lady even stand a GHOST of a chance of defeating Gregg Abbott in the next governor's election?
A chance, heck, even you have a chance, but not a good one. No, I don't see her beating Abbott, but I'll bet she does better that you think she will. You seem to think I am talking about this election and I am not. The long-term demographic trends and population shifts are solidly in place. The big metro area blue voters will, at some point, out vote the small red counties. The small counties will stay red in local elections; however, Texas will go blue in state and national elections, probably about 20 years out, or thereabouts. But if it makes you feel better to ignore it, feel free to do so.

brickboy240
01-03-14, 14:33
Never said we should ignore the blue threat...just that it is still a very long ways off.

Also, as the demographics change in Texas, many red voting people are ALSO moving here. That is never factored in but when you consider how few Hispanics really vote...we have to consider that many that move here from blue states DO NOT want a repeat of the place they came from and will be very active to stop it.

SilverBullet432
01-03-14, 14:46
Turn Texas blue? Maybe Austin :lol: my area (West Texas) is among the most red areas in the country.. Even our local cleos and sheriffs said they would NOT enforce any type of "assualt weapon" ban.

brickboy240
01-03-14, 14:57
There is also this crazy notion that the Latinos are just like the blacks and they will ALL...ALWAYS vote Democrat and they are a lock for leftist voting and policies.

Liberals think that just because they hooked one minority largely, into thinking and voting that way...well, hell...they can get another large minority to do just the same.

This is very far from the truth. I know many first and second or third generation Latino-Americans (Mexicans, Cubans, Hondurans, etc.) that are very conservative and do not vote for Democrats. They are strict Catholics and love their big trucks and guns and are very family oriented. They do not like the idea of a big govt telling them what to do and some came from very oppressive govts so they know what it was like.

Like the idea that ALL people moving to Texas from blue states ALWAYS vote left...this idea that ALL Latinos are always going to vote left is another item the left is sorely mistaken about.

-brickboy240

austinN4
01-03-14, 16:49
Turn Texas blue? Maybe Austin :lol: my area (West Texas) is among the most red areas in the country.. Even our local cleos and sheriffs said they would NOT enforce any type of "assualt weapon" ban.
Where you been? It isn't just Austin. Not saying your county is but there are parts of Texas that are solidly blue. And most are the most populous counties. read the numbers:
http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/TX

SilverBullet432
01-03-14, 18:27
Where you been? It isn't just Austin. Not saying your county is but there are parts of Texas that are solidly blue. And most are the most populous counties. read the numbers:
http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/TX

damn youre right, but where theres a big city. theres always libs. magpul should avoid dallas and consider west texas :cool:

HD1911
01-03-14, 19:23
damn youre right, but where theres a big city. theres always libs. magpul should avoid dallas and consider west texas :cool:

Agreed. Austin and Dallas/F.W. are full of Libs.

Amarilla' or Lubbock FTW!!!

SilverBullet432
01-03-14, 19:26
Agreed. Austin and Dallas/F.W. are full of Libs.

Amarilla' or Lubbock FTW!!!

what ? thats north texas!!

Moose-Knuckle
01-03-14, 19:31
Dallas/F.W. are full of Libs.

How many of those are transplants? CO use to be red until "they" all started pouring in there.

brushy bill
01-03-14, 20:09
There is also this crazy notion that the Latinos are just like the blacks and they will ALL...ALWAYS vote Democrat and they are a lock for leftist voting and policies.

Liberals think that just because they hooked one minority largely, into thinking and voting that way...well, hell...they can get another large minority to do just the same.

This is very far from the truth. I know many first and second or third generation Latino-Americans (Mexicans, Cubans, Hondurans, etc.) that are very conservative and do not vote for Democrats. They are strict Catholics and love their big trucks and guns and are very family oriented. They do not like the idea of a big govt telling them what to do and some came from very oppressive govts so they know what it was like.

Like the idea that ALL people moving to Texas from blue states ALWAYS vote left...this idea that ALL Latinos are always going to vote left is another item the left is sorely mistaken about.

-brickboy240

Yeah? Check out San Antonio. Only the outlying areas are red. Congressman, mayor, etc Dems. I know plenty of "church people" who set that aside come election day.

Shorts
01-03-14, 20:14
DFW is not full of libs. Check those maps again gents, Tarrant Co. is the only major metro county in the state to stay red in '12 POTUS election. Be advised that is also the county Mrs Wendy Davis is from. At least the southern half. My red Senator Jane Nelson runs the northern half.

Dallas Co? Yea that is for the blue birds. But Ft. Worth is still being fought for.

HD1911
01-03-14, 20:41
what ? thats north texas!!

when I think of north tejas', I think of Wichita Falls.

I consider Amarillo and Lubbock to be West, no?

Moose-Knuckle
01-03-14, 20:47
I consider Amarillo and Lubbock to be West, no?

Nah, El Paso is West my friend.

SeriousStudent
01-03-14, 20:50
Moderator note: This thread is about Magpul relocating. If you wish to discuss Texas politics, it's honestly another subject.

I'm not curbstomping anybody here. Yet. But if you want to take this thread on a radically different tack, then start another thread.

SilverBullet432
01-03-14, 21:09
Moderator note: This thread is about Magpul relocating. If you wish to discuss Texas politics, it's honestly another subject.

I'm not curbstomping anybody here. Yet. But if you want to take this thread on a radically different tack, then start another thread.

Im just im just sayin' They should move to a more gun-friendly part of Tejas :jester: On a more serious note: Ive read various comments online about the move. Common lib responses were: "Good riddance!" and the "Don't let the door hit you where God split you!" ones... Do they honestly not care about the economic impact to their state due to the move? Magpul, IMO is the most popular AR accessories maker. They bring in a lot of dough per year, and supply steady jobs to the people. how could the people who voted for "JOBS!" in 08' and 12' not care about those jobs now?

SOWT
01-06-14, 13:07

LOL

No they didn't.
Thy will find someone else to tax or increase the tax on something "to account for lower then expected revenues".

brickboy240
01-06-14, 14:05
They might get that tax money back on the first year of pot taxes...who knows?

Still...the tragedy is that jobs and possible future jobs for that region are gone and never coming back and the libtards seem happy about it leaving.

-brickboy240

ST911
01-06-14, 14:31
Cheyenne is an interesting town. Especially the downtown Arbys, late at night.

Brahmzy
01-06-14, 14:41

Sure is - drive through there regularly. Gotta love the SMELL of the refinery. Lots of big rigs roll through that area.
Just north of Cheyenne, the wind is infamous for blowing big rigs right off the road. Saw one mangled this past weekend (65mph+ gusts.)

THCDDM4
01-06-14, 15:16
They might get that tax money back on the first year of pot taxes...who knows?

Still...the tragedy is that jobs and possible future jobs for that region are gone and never coming back and the libtards seem happy about it leaving.

-brickboy240

Most likely no. Unless MJ sales are INCREDIBLY massive and the resulting taxes are large enough to hit the percentages for education and LE to be utilized in other ways. The sales may very well be big enough, only time will tell...

The law states that a specific amount of taxes collected from the sale of Marijuana must first be used for Education (first $___ million dollars must go to eduation) and after that another specific amount must go towards for Law Enforcement (Specifically marijuana related enforcement programs and regulations, etc) for the next $___ million dollars in taxes collected- must go to LE.

After those amounts are satisfied, taxes can then be utilized in other ways.

I forget the exact sums that must be used for education and law enforcement before moneys can be utilized elsewhere, but you can look it up if you like. From memory I believe it was in the $30-50 Million range for each before taxes could be utilized elsewhere.

Colorado is loosing out big time on the relocation, taxes, jobs, future expansion and jobs, supporting industry, etc.

A lot of people forget the loss to hunting/travel/recreational revenue we have/will continue to incur from the loss of out of staters coming here due to the idiotic laws also. LOTS of $TAX$ dollars & jobs going to other regions...

If the laws aren't repealed, there will be a mass exodus of liberty loving, intelligent, TAX paying individuals as well. And then who will be taxed to pay for all the libtards crap?

I'm staying and fighting. This State MUST be preserved, the left has gained too many states, I'll be damned if we cannot win this one back!

Oh yeah, one more thing: **** BLOOMBERG!

Armati
01-06-14, 16:18
Colorado is loosing out big time on the relocation, taxes, jobs, future expansion and jobs, supporting industry, etc.

Has there been a public response from the Gov or other Dem politicians on this?

And, of course you know, money is fungible. The MJ tax may be "for the children" blah, blah, blah. But they will find ways to rejigger the budget to use the MJ money for whatever they want (Obamacare?).

Swag
01-06-14, 16:35
The state will probably get a large influx of relocating hippies and will enjoy the additional revenue that'll bring right off. That and more tourism. That will probably offset any revenue lost by manufacturers relocating elsewhere. New jobs will be created supporting the burgeoning Marijuana industry to supplant lost skilled labor jobs. Personally, I'd rather have the skilled labor jobs than the head shop counter jobs in my state but that's just me.

ETA: I wonder how long it'll be before Colorado will be spoke of as a haven for welfare recipients?

SteveS
01-06-14, 21:44
Colorado's economics will go the way that CA economics has gone.

Straight down the tubes.

This is what happens when you have a large influx of leftists and leftist politicians in power over time. Like a hoard of locusts....hey eat, mangle and destroy a fertile field and leave it utterly useless.

-brickboy240 You have to realize that most of the Californians are stupid enough to vote in tax increases to keep one of the most corrupt state governments and retirement funds afloat.

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
01-06-14, 23:19
I may have relocated from that shithole Commie state of NY but I'm no liberal. Hardcore conservative to the bone and DFW resident. Wendy Pinky Davis will not be getting a vote from me, GUARANTEED. I hope Magpul certainly comes to the area as there is alot of manufacturing around my area of Tarrant. I would love to see them and welcome them to the neighborhood.

J-Dub
01-07-14, 12:48

Only if you're looking to fight a crazy homeless guy...

ST911
01-07-14, 21:43
Only if you're looking to fight a crazy homeless guy...

You described my pit stop almost perfectly.

Good sammich. Very crazy dude.

SeriousStudent
01-07-14, 22:01

Good sammich. .....

Wait, you said this happened at Arby's. Did you bring your lunch?

J-Dub
01-07-14, 22:16
You described my pit stop almost perfectly.

Good sammich. Very crazy dude.

If its who I'm thinking it is....If you see him swinging for the fences he's either fighting the demons or clouds...oh ya and he is notorious for blades lol

Grand58742
01-08-14, 08:48
Didn't want to create a new thread since this is related:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/07/locked-loaded-gun-maker-finds-warmer-surroundings-in-south-carolina-after/

From beat cops to cashiers to Gov. Nikki Haley, South Carolina’s newest gun manufacturer has received an “absolutely tremendous” amount of support since leaving Connecticut for The Palmetto State, according to the firm's CEO.

Josh Fiorini, CEO of PTR Industries, formerly of Bristol., Conn., told FoxNews.com that the firm’s new facility in Aynor, S.C., remains a week away from production, but 11 local employees began sorting inventory on Monday along with a team of training personnel from Connecticut. The manufacturer of military-style rifles announced in April that it intended to leave Bristol following the passage of gun-control legislation after the shooting deaths of 26 people, including 20 children, at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown.

With Magpul and others moving, wonder how long before the economic impacts are felt in the places they are leaving. Eventually someone has to take notice that tax dollars are missing and the associated infrastructure that supported the missing companies is wilting away. Sometimes principles take a back seat to the $85M Magpul Industries or even a smaller company like PTR.

_Stormin_
01-08-14, 09:58
You think that these people care about having enough revenue to sustain spending? ;-)

One can only hope that more companies, large and small, follow suit in REWARDING places with respect for our rights. Positive reenforcement always works better.

Sent using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

No.6
01-08-14, 11:10

LOL

No they didn't.
Thy will find someone else to tax or increase the tax on something "to account for lower then expected revenues".

Perhaps they can ask Nanny Doomberg for the difference. I'm sure he won't mind helping out his political buddies. After all he is at least partly responsible for the mess.

J-Dub
01-08-14, 11:17
CO did make a million dollars in tax revenue on the first day pot was legal....so 85 days later they should be good.

Swag
01-08-14, 12:02
CO did make a million dollars in tax revenue on the first day pot was legal....so 85 days later they should be good.

Sorry for nitpicking but that was approx $1m in total sales the first day and $5m the first week. The estimate is that the state will generate approx $65m this year in tax revenue based on 15% excise tax on wholesale + 10% tax on retail sales. They also estimate about $600m in total sales by the end of the year. Those (stout) annual estimates will probably need adjustments though as sales will probably level off once the new car smell wanes. I don't think most of Colorado cares about Magpul (or they're 2A!)...

I'm not a pothead but if folks want to buy it, well that's their business. I guess I view it like alcohol.

ETA: Apologizing for steering from the actual topic.

Moose-Knuckle
01-15-14, 16:10
From ITS Tactical's SHOT coverage:

http://www.itstactical.com/centcom/its-information/shot-show-2014-day-2-live-coverage/

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/magpultx_zps7bc4087d.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/magpultx_zps7bc4087d.jpg.html)