PDA

View Full Version : Got my NEW MOE AK grip!... TO BAD!

m4brian
01-02-14, 16:09
Looks very nice. BUT... The screw is too long for my SA85M - nuts!

Doc. Holiday
01-02-14, 17:15
Dang, could you file it down by chance?

fixit69
01-02-14, 17:32
Go to a local hardware store. I've seen the bolt/screws at some Ace hardware stores. Just make sure you know how much shorter it needs to be and take the bolt/screw with you. Should be easy. Good luck.

Doc. Holiday
01-02-14, 17:37
I've played that game, took me a bit to find what I needed, but he's got a point!

WickedWillis
01-02-14, 17:52
Go to a local hardware store. I've seen the bolt/screws at some Ace hardware stores. Just make sure you know how much shorter it needs to be and take the bolt/screw with you. Should be easy. Good luck.

Exactly. I had to do this with an ATI stock on a mossberg 500, a local hardware store should have what you need.

NongShim
01-03-14, 03:32
Just cut it. As long as you don't have any damage to the threads you'll be fine.

m4brian
01-03-14, 16:42
No cutting, filing, etc. All I needed to do was to remove the nasty plastic tread locker on the screw with some steel Brillo pad! It only made sense that the AK screw block is the same the whole way through. Once I did this, it was not a problem. But, you MUST have a LONG screw driver. I also think that Magul should have kept the grip angle exactly the same. The problem is that most Americans read about the "little Communist people" needing short LOP, and they go buy a bigolamerican stock, then they need to change the grip angle... I think the commies got it right (on the AK). Now, along with my Palm AK mags, it makes my SA85M nice and 'modern'.

eodinert
01-04-14, 07:03
The AK needs more than pretty mags and furniture to be modern. The grip angle change wasn't arbitrary, it was research based.

m4brian
01-04-14, 07:17
I have no doubt it was research-based as already noted on the site . I put it on to try it out we'll see, in time. I still think the normal AK angle works a tad better with short LOP.

ThirdWatcher
01-04-14, 07:24
My Arsenal SLR-101S came with an "intermediate length buttstock" it feels just right to me (and I've got the MOE grip on it too).

jpgm
01-04-14, 08:19
Not to change the subject, is Magpul going to come out with a Moe type stock/ grip lineup?

jpgm