PDA

View Full Version : Detroit police chief: Legal gun owners can deter crime

platoonDaddy
01-03-14, 07:32
dang, 28 years and he has changed his mind. Just maybe there is hope.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140103/METRO01/301030038/Detroit-police-chief-Legal-gun-owners-can-deter-crime?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Craig said he started believing that legal gun owners can deter crime when he became police chief in Portland, Maine, in 2009.

“Coming from California (Craig was on the Los Angeles police force for 28 years), where it takes an act of Congress to get a concealed weapon permit, I got to Maine, where they give out lots of CCWs (carrying concealed weapon permits), and I had a stack of CCW permits I was denying; that was my orientation.

“I changed my orientation real quick. Maine is one of the safest places in America. Clearly, suspects knew that good Americans were armed.”

VooDoo6Actual
01-03-14, 09:32
Knew him as a LEO in Los Angeles. Worked a few protection gigs w/ him. Good admin, lousy shooter.
His statement about takes a act of congress is a little misleading. It takes either as class action Law Suit by a Beverly Hills attorney that got the original 26 or so CCW permits obtained, or being a celebrity (who most are elitist hypocrites), a crooked Sherriff who uses the exploited $ for his campaign or vacation / retirement fund or some luck. As always citizens legally armed are their own first responders to active shooters.
Nice to see he is not towing the status quo party line so far.