PDA

View Full Version : New Colt 6920/M4 (Magpul Edition)

Slater
01-03-14, 17:10
Just brought this home from Wallyworld. Pretty much all-Magpul everything, and can't wait to shoot it. There are no instructions provided for attaching the vertical foregrip, but presumably you have to remove the handguards to attach it.

Colt advertises this as being equipped with a MBUS Gen 2 rear sight. Not really familiar, but are the Gen 1 and Gen 2 sights similar?

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/5757_photos/004_zps3fd21011.jpg (http://s571.photobucket.com/user/5757_photos/media/004_zps3fd21011.jpg.html)

Wake27
01-03-14, 17:29
You do have to remove the handguard for the grip - pretty easy to do and lots of videos on youtube. You do have a Gen 2 MBUS, they're the same design but the gen 2 are less bulky.

tog
01-03-14, 17:59
My 6920 (2013 config) came with the MBUS gen 2 sight. I didn't like it at first and couldn't wait to put on a rd. But after researching I found that most of the folks here recommend using and becoming proficient with these sights before going to the rd. I'm glad I did as I now see how useful they can be. After becoming comfortable with the magpul sight I did pick up an aimpoint pro. Good looking rifle and congrats on the purchase.

ptmccain
01-03-14, 18:15
Still makes me to think you can walk into a WalMart and walk out with a Colt AR-15, along with paper plates, big bags of Doritos, some new t-shirts, and a case of motor oil. Only in America.

Slater
01-03-14, 18:18
The label on this particular one also said "2013 Configuration". Possibly different accessories than earlier configurations?

(The cheap sling on the rifle is from my junk box. Wasn't supplied with the gun).

T.B.
01-03-14, 19:49
I bought the same exact rifle one month ago. Just pull back on your delta ring and pull the lower half of the handguard down and out. Yes, gen 2 magpul buis. I like the magpul Moe stock and the buis. But the handguard, vert grip, and grip are all getting tossed. Otherwise I am very happy with my colt. I have probably 1000 rounds thru her already. Enjoy your purchase.

JusticeM4
01-03-14, 20:16
The label on this particular one also said "2013 Configuration". Possibly different accessories than earlier configurations?

(The cheap sling on the rifle is from my junk box. Wasn't supplied with the gun).

The earlier 2013 configuration has the MBUS rear sight. I believe pre-2013 it was a detachable carry handle.

Now if you buy a Colt6920 from Walmart I believe they replaced the Rogers Stock with a basic M4 stock (at least that's what I'm seeing now at my locally Wally world).

Congrats and have fun shooting!

Saginaw79
01-03-14, 21:33
I bought the same exact rifle one month ago. Just pull back on your delta ring and pull the lower half of the handguard down and out. Yes, gen 2 magpul buis. I like the magpul Moe stock and the buis. But the handguard, vert grip, and grip are all getting tossed. Otherwise I am very happy with my colt. I have probably 1000 rounds thru her already. Enjoy your purchase.

I will take them off your hands and pay to have you ship them here! Love Magpul stuff

brushy bill
01-03-14, 21:36
Still makes me to think you can walk into a WalMart and walk out with a Colt AR-15, along with paper plates, big bags of Doritos, some new t-shirts, and a case of motor oil. Only in America.

Except for my "Super" Walmart in Tx it seems...strange...

kirito
01-03-14, 22:54
To add front grip. Remove the handguard by pulling back the Delta ring (circular ring) behind the handguard then remove. It is a 2 piece construction. Add rail plate if it is grip w/ rail or put in the grip and screw in to metal plate.

c3006
01-04-14, 03:08

I am not a walmart fan but do find it amusing that when it comes to makeing money they don't care how much squalling the libs do,I enjoyed watching them hunker down during the whole Phil Robbinson thing and just pretend like his face wasn't on half the stuff in there. IMHO that rifle might be the best deal for your dollar out there if you can find one.

one
01-04-14, 04:16
Hell, I walked out with a box of American Eagle 50 BMG last week. Then went back to buy more and they'd sold out completely of the dozen or so boxes they had. They've also got lots of bulk 556 and 7.62x51 as well as AK ammo.

pingdork
01-04-14, 13:26
Except for my "Super" Walmart in Tx it seems...strange...

I have 2 walmarts less than 5 miles from each other. The "super" doesn't carry any firearms, while the other one does. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

streakpi
01-04-14, 20:26
What kind of hand guard did you use? I have the same rifle - but from BudsPoliceSupply - may want longer hand guards…but not really wanting to spend $300-$400 on them.

kirito
01-04-14, 20:46
There's only so much you can do if you have a FSP (front sight post). It has to be a cutout rail that can accommodate it if you want to switch to something else. If you truly want it much longer then I recommend building your own upper. It is the best option.

streakpi
01-04-14, 20:52
There's only so much you can do if you have a FSP (front sight post). It has to be a cutout rail that can accommodate it if you want to switch to something else. If you truly want it much longer then I recommend building your own upper. It is the best option.

Agree. I may take second route.

Saginaw79
01-04-14, 20:53
I have 2 walmarts less than 5 miles from each other. The "super" doesn't carry any firearms, while the other one does. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Its probably too close to a school. There is a Clinton era law forbiding gun sales within I think 10,000 ft or something of a school.

kirito
01-04-14, 20:53
I looked into this as well. If you are at carbine length, there's really only 1 option. mid-length you have a few options and it isnt too bad. When i did look into they said it would cost me the same amount to just build a brand new upper. so i did just that and build a new upper instead.

kirito
01-04-14, 20:55
Its probably too close to a school. There is a Clinton era law forbiding gun sales within I think 10,000 ft or something of a school.

Sometimes it could be the city restriction for sales. If one has it already and another place opens up too close, sometimes they only allow 1 store to do the sales. Happens here in CA all the time with just general stuff.

3ACR_Scout
01-04-14, 21:06
Sometimes it could be the city restriction for sales.
As I understand it, no Walmarts in Houston sell firearms (which I confirmed by visiting at least 5 in the greater Houston area), but apparently in that particular case, it's not a city policy, since Academy right next door sells them.

Dave