PDA

View Full Version : compact pistol light?

snackgunner
01-03-14, 21:01
With SHOT 2014 rolling around is there any word on a surefire x300 mini or any other light options for a m&p compact?

Id think there would be a market them and Id rather not go with a plastic streamlight tlr-3.

bzdog
01-03-14, 22:02
If you are just looking for something small, Viridian has some pretty small units.

http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/subcompacts.php

I've got one of their light/green laser combos (C5L) and it seems decent, is small and the green laser is crazy bright.

That said, I don't carry it as I've had it occasionally bind during draw with more than one holster mfg (one being Raven Concealment). I don't think it has anything to do with this light but as a result it is banished to a safe gun.

-john

walkin' trails
01-04-14, 11:52
I have a TRL-3 and it has worked fine. The only drawback, IMO, is that it doesn't take standard size 123 batteries - probably to keep the user from installing Surefire batteries. I carry concealed most of the time, and do not use a light mounted on my pistol. For those occasions where I need a weapons mounted light, I will use my X300, as I still prefer the Surefire. I did mount the TRL-3 on a stub rail below the gas block on an AR, and it worked fine regardless of the heat that was generated or the pounding of a few extended range sessions. Don't know whether or not Streamlight recommends this, however. There was also a S&W marketed Micro 90 that had similar specs as the TRL-3, but I haven't seem much of them lately.

streakpi
01-04-14, 20:34
With SHOT 2014 rolling around is there any word on a surefire x300 mini or any other light options for a m&p compact?

Id think there would be a market them and Id rather not go with a plastic streamlight tlr-3.

Have not heard of any new products. I use a Viridian C5L. Only 125 lumens but that green laser is a plus. Kills batteries…but that is what you get with the ability to go green.

NCW Ray
01-05-14, 12:49
Crimson Trace says their CMR-202 Rail Master™ fits "Smith & Wesson M&P Full-Size and Compact" and according to the email I received this morning from DVOR they are running a special on them for $94 for the next 2 days.

William B.
01-05-14, 13:18
Crimson Trace says their CMR-202 Rail Master™ fits "Smith & Wesson M&P Full-Size and Compact" and according to the email I received this morning from DVOR they are running a special on them for $94 for the next 2 days.

I picked up a Crimson Trace Rail Master a couple of years ago, but haven't used it very much as there are very few holster options out there right now. The few options that I have seen are not AIWB (which is how I carry) and I'm just not ready to drop the dough on having a holster custom-made right now.

The Rail Master is also plastic and it sounds like that may not be acceptable to the OP. One last note is that I've heard that it's not waterproof. I have not done the research to confirm that, but if the OP is considering picking one up that may be something that he wants to check out.

Overall, I think the Rail Master WML is a good concept. They just need to gain some traction so that there are more holster options. No/few holsters defeats the purpose of a "micro" WML in my opinion.

ETA: It looks like these guys support the Rail Master, but the owner appears to be away at MOS school or something and has not resumed taking orders as far as I can tell.

http://www.whitedogholsters.com/White_Dog_Holsters_CTC.html

snackgunner
01-07-14, 16:14
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm going to pass on the options mentioned in this thread. I'll wait it out in hopes that surefire or someone else comes along with something good.

Moose-Knuckle
01-07-14, 17:42
Have you looked at the Inforce APL?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?125970-inforce-APL

Redbeardsong
01-07-14, 17:53
How about the Crimson trace light guard? It's a nice small package for IWB carry, and reviews have been good.

snackgunner
01-07-14, 20:13

It doesn't fit

snackgunner
01-07-14, 22:24
How about the Crimson trace light guard? It's a nice small package for IWB carry, and reviews have been good.

Havnt heard of it ill check it out

DirtDiver
01-09-14, 01:12
Personally I would love to see a Foursevens compact pistol light. In fact I would love to see a compact rifle mount light as well from them. Right now I have an MMS on my rifles and shotguns.

CTI
02-24-14, 18:42
for compact I like the tl3

brushy bill
02-27-14, 21:32

No hijack intended, but aren't these having durability issues?

DirtDiver
02-27-14, 21:39
No hijack intended, but aren't these having durability issues?

I've heard the same but haven't seen that for myself. Do you have a link to any threads about it anywhere?

bighawk
05-11-14, 21:41
I just picked one up for a compact weapol light for CC and the mount on mine is rock solid there is no wiggle room and ive tried to pull it off with a bit of effort and it has not come off. Going to put about 500 rounds through various guns with it mounted tomorrow. We'll see how that goes soon.