PDA

View Full Version : The bitching about LAV has started again on the Plastic forum.

SCULLY
05-13-08, 20:31
They have started the hate again over an article in the new June SWAT Mag, i guess Larry mentioned the HK45 and the M&P and not the Glock. It gets a little ridiculous over there, especially after the recent resurrection of the sand test Larry did.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-13-08, 20:38
Two words: "douche bags." Wait...is that one word?:confused:

NoBody
05-13-08, 20:43
They have started the hate again over an article in the new June SWAT Mag, i guess Larry mentioned the HK45 and the M&P and not the Glock. It gets a little ridiculous over there, especially after the recent resurrection of the sand test Larry did.

LOL! And to think that LAV actually recommends Glock 17s and 19s. When I took his class he was shooting his Nighthawk signature 1911, but I've also seen a picture of him shooting a Glock 19 in a class. :D

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-13-08, 20:53
Yep, he had a homely Glock 19 in our class this weekend.

Wayne Dobbs
05-13-08, 21:14
Greg,

When he taught the Brady, TX Three Day Handgun class in March, he used a G-19 and called it the "Volkspistole", which I think is a perfect way to view Glock service pistols.

Glock Talk has lacked credibility for so long that I would be suspicious if they said the sun rose in the East..

Sam
05-13-08, 21:16
Is the June issue of SWAT out? I couldn't find it in the stores as of yesterday.

Jay Cunningham
05-13-08, 21:24
I'm just amazed that there's an article by Larry in SWAT - or is it just a quote?

Sam
05-13-08, 21:31
I'm just amazed that there's an article by Larry in SWAT - or is it just a quote?

If it's the article I'm thinking about, it was written by Ed Lawrence when he attended a Vickers 1911 Operator Class in October 2007.

Cold Zero
05-13-08, 21:33
Is the June issue of SWAT out? I couldn't find it in the stores as of yesterday.

Yes, it is out. For about a week now.

Robb Jensen
05-13-08, 21:47

Those bitching about Larry Vickers are truly oxygen thieves.

Sproggy
05-13-08, 21:49

Their reasoning for Larry picking those two pistols over the Glock is, and I quote," because they share similar features and the grip angle with 1911's". These guys seem incapable of understanding that just because LAV helped design the HK45 doesnt mean he will blindly indorse it as the be all and end all of new combat pistols. Theyve also got him permanently labeled as solely a "1911 guy", regardless of what LA says to the contrary. And then others(usually lesser known teachers/trainers) want to downplay his experience and expertise in the field. The whole thing is a big ridiculous joke. Not one of them has any common sense.....

warrior9504
05-13-08, 21:55
are just looking for an excuse to go ballistic. F'em.

Jay Cunningham
05-13-08, 21:56
That's hilarious since LAV specifically mentioned weaknesses in the final design of the H&K45 and some mods that Bowie will do to it to get it up to speed.

Raiden
05-13-08, 22:05
These guys seem incapable of understanding
...just about anything, really.

They're not interested in actually learning anything. If you made a Venn Diagram of that forum, I think you'd have significant overlap between the circles for "Has not ever trained with their firearm", "Age 16-22", and "Did not actually read the post they replied to". Humility of any flavor is in precious short supply over there. They're in a real hurry to pee all over each other, and anybody who happens to be walking by.

If you want real entertainment, tell them you like guns with manual external safeties. :p

Sproggy
05-13-08, 22:06
Yeah....I mentioned that LAV wasnt entirely happy with the final product. Of course they wouldnt hear any of that :rolleyes:. They just want to think that LAV is getting a nice fat check every time he endorses the HK. That way they can easily explain away his(credible) opinion that the Glocks arent gods final gift to 45acp Combat pistols.

Sproggy
05-13-08, 22:07
...just about anything, really.

They're not interested in actually learning anything. If you made a Venn Diagram of that forum, I think you'd have significant overlap between the circles for "Has not ever trained with their firearm", "Age 16-22", and "Did not actually read the post they replied to". Humility of any flavor is in precious short supply over there. They're in a real hurry to pee all over each other, and anybody who happens to be walking by.

If you want real entertainment, tell them you like guns with manual external safeties. :p

Im not sure I have the space in my inbox for all the SPAM id get hit with:D

SuicideHz
05-13-08, 22:18
Two words: "douche bags." Wait...is that one word?:confused:

Yeah, one word:

Douchebags.

Army Chief
05-14-08, 00:05
We have to keep in mind here that most of these people are not interested in the truth; they are interested in having their own purchase decisions and preferences vindicated.

"Volkspistole." Too funny. :)

Chief

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-14-08, 00:41
We have to keep in mind here that most of these people are not interested in the truth; they are interested in having their own purchase decisions and preferences vindicated.

Damn. You nailed that one. I Have never seen it put better.

Ed L.
05-14-08, 01:40
Ummm, Well, I guess its nice that my article has generated some conversation. :rolleyes:

I took a look at the thread. Some good points, some inaccuracies.

One person there wrote: "The picture of him filing on a 1911 to get it to run properly was amusing though."

No. Larry was filing the ejector to an optimum length . The class was pretty free of malfunctions.

"But he also makes money plumbing on 1911s. I think his bias could go either way..."

The article clearly states that Vickers no longer does custom gunsmithing on the 1911 due to other commitments.

More later if I get a chance.

ARin
05-14-08, 02:22
i tend to not EVER visit GT.....helps me not get all fired up about retards.

Wayne Dobbs
05-14-08, 09:06
They're just pissed off over there because somebody who really knows the truth, speaks the truth and has a boatload of operational, gunsmithing, design and training experience knows them for just what they are:

A BUNCH OF WINDOW-LICKING SHORT-BUSSERS

VA_Dinger
05-14-08, 09:25
I find it funny that the most vocal oxygen thief is "Rocky Mountain Tactical" - the scumbag who steals sling designs and advertises them heavy on GT. I assume he only gets away with it because of his heavy contributions to the forum. Heaven knows GT's owner only cares about making money and nothing else.

I would love to see RMTactical's back ground & training resume. He seems to running off at the mouth very heavily in that thread.

dialM4murder
05-14-08, 09:30
SWAT magazine, best $34 I've spent in a while. Subscribers get them a bit faster than the news stands.

Don't get me started on GT. Heck I was banned from Sigforum because I disagreed with the site owner that the G19 wasn't the best thing since sliced bread.

30 cal slut
05-14-08, 09:31
I have in my notes from LAV Carbine I and Low Light I something about LAV's preference for combat handguns.

I paraphrase LAV:

"If you had to pick just ONE pistol, get a Glock 17."

Let that sink in.

M4arc
05-14-08, 09:54
I find it funny that the most vocal oxygen thief is "Rocky Mountain Tactical" - the scumbag who steals sling designs and advertises them heavy on GT. I assume he only gets away with it because of his heavy contributions to the forum. Heaven knows GT's owner only cares about making money and nothing else.

I would love to see RMTactical's back ground & training resume. He seems to running off at the mouth very heavily in that thread.

Oh Jesus, not that dude again!

John_Wayne777
05-14-08, 09:55
Yeah....I mentioned that LAV wasnt entirely happy with the final product. Of course they wouldnt hear any of that :rolleyes:. They just want to think that LAV is getting a nice fat check every time he endorses the HK.

...which shows their ignorance. LAV didn't even get his HK 45 for free.

He had to buy it retail just like the rest of us.

ANYONE who thinks there are big fat checks for consulting in the firearms business are showing their ignorance about the firearms business.

John_Wayne777
05-14-08, 09:57
I have in my notes from LAV Carbine I and Low Light I something about LAV's preference for combat handguns.

I paraphrase LAV:

"If you had to pick just ONE pistol, get a Glock 17."

Let that sink in.

He's said it many times and has been quoted many times on that....but none of that matters to a lot of the dullards on GT.

ARin
05-14-08, 09:58

ya, that was MY sling design that he stole...along with about 4 others.

Sproggy
05-14-08, 09:59

Lets not talk about that guy. Im pasting his logo on my IPSC targets this weekend......:rolleyes:

JonInWA
05-14-08, 10:35
Before everyone gets in a twitter about Glock Talk and some of their members, at least read the thread that's being discussed. Other then the protracted (and after a point, somewhat pointless, debate between Sproggy and Rocky Mountain Tactical) I found it to be a pretty good discussion, with excellent information and points provided by several participants.

I'm a regular reader and participant on Glock Talk. I'd have to agree that there does seem to be a higher proportion of poorly written/spelled/grammatically correct/edited threads exhibiting mindless slavishness regarding Glocks and "Golly gee, lookey at my new gun" type threads (often over and over again, on the same guns, only by differing participants) devoid of substantiveness (as well as an inability to master the "search" function), but there are also some superb contributions by regular posters, such as Butch and WIG19, and other members.

The best forum for open-mindedness and objectivety, and maintaining a consistantly high degree and quality of participant contribution (and basic grammar skills) I would say is the www.sigforum.com (although the owner, Parabellum can be somewhat short triggered at times). I enjoy this one as well, but sometimes it devolves into the pot calling the kettle black. Discussions pertaining to agreements or disagreements centering around Larry Vickers seem to accentuate the polarization...

Best, Jon

John_Wayne777
05-14-08, 10:36
Yes, it's true that the discussion on GT isn't bad...yet.

It will most likely get that way.

ST911
05-14-08, 10:39
Yes, it's true that the discussion on GT isn't bad...yet. It will most likely get that way.

Yeah, that's nothing for GT.

If someone crafted a chart of some sort for the topic and inserted it, there would be some real frothing at the mouth. :D

ARin
05-14-08, 10:41
Lets not talk about that guy. Im pasting his logo on my IPSC targets this weekend......:rolleyes:

by the by, he has no background OR training that i know of.

he is the brother of a very good friend of mine. i actually GAVE him one of my slings.....that later he copied and sold as his own.

M4arc
05-14-08, 11:19
...but there are also some superb contributions by regular posters, such as Butch and WIG19, and other members...

I have said this many times as well but the good posters are few and far between over there and assclownery runs amuck the majority of the time. Just the other day Butch had to start a post asking everyone over there to tone down that utterly stupid "pig nose" postings. Even that thread went into a downward spiral.

I do spend time there and am active in several of the "club" forums but I have to try very hard to avoid the idiots.

However, GT is an excellent place to find parts and accessories (with the exception of stolen sling designs) so I'm always watching the for sale forums :D

M4arc
05-14-08, 11:30
by the by, he has no background OR training that i know of.

he is the brother of a very good friend of mine. i actually GAVE him one of my slings.....that later he copied and sold as his own.

From what I've seen (and I'll admit I try not to pay attention to him) is that no one over there really cares that he has no training or background. He sells them something that resembles the real thing but is a cheap knock off thus saving them money. And that is all they really care about.

Patrick Aherne
05-14-08, 12:40
Why is everybody getting so excited? LAV is a big boy and can defend himself. I don't see why anyone has to defend him.

This talking about what someone else said on another internet forum strikes me as counterproductive, internet drama. Who gives a fahrvergnugen?

I doubt Larry wastes a whole lot of time worrying about a bunch of never been's, never gonna types on the intearweb b!tching about him.

Larry's a big meanie and he hurt my feelings; waah! I am still going to take a class from him this July and it filled up within a week of announcement. I think that's all Larry has to worry about.

Redmanfms
05-14-08, 12:56
Why is everybody getting so excited? LAV is a big boy and can defend himself. I don't see why anyone has to defend him.

This talking about what someone else said on another internet forum strikes me as counterproductive, internet drama. Who gives a fahrvergnugen?

I doubt Larry wastes a whole lot of time worrying about a bunch of never been's, never gonna types on the intearweb b!tching about him.

Larry's a big meanie and he hurt my feelings; waah! I am still going to take a class from him this July and it filled up within a week of announcement. I think that's all Larry has to worry about.

I'm thinking that GT and TOS bash threads are this site's form of assclownery. Since the assclownery is ordinarily limited to that, most people just put up with it.

Ed L.
05-14-08, 17:51
doubletap

Ed L.
05-14-08, 17:52

Exactly. I don't think he cares in the slightest.

Hopefully this thread here stays positive enough to not get locked since it's my article being discussed.:eek:

NCPatrolAR
05-14-08, 18:04
It should be interesting to read that article since I was at the class. :)

variablebinary
05-14-08, 18:27
Lets be honest. Gun forums are filled with retards.

A grown up of healthy intelligence would say. "I dont agree with LAV, and choose to get a product that fits my needs and budget and preference. "

Done!

Nothing else to say

A retard says, "F-YOU YOU HK SHILL. MY PISTOL IS TEH L337. HK BECAUSE YOU SUCK AND HATE YOU. WHO THE HELL IS LAV ANYWAY. PASS ME DA BUSHMASTER AND XD"

I dont agree with lots of people on this forum about EOtech. Its my choice, and dont feel the need to counterpoint or defend Eotech in every thread.

Less stress for sure...

VA_Dinger
05-14-08, 18:30
This thread is going to locked.

I see no need to discuss the ramblings of a few GT morons. It only brings M4C down to their level.