PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sweden

swedish_kitsune
01-05-14, 00:15
Hi.

I am a beginner in the IPSC world, started with pistol and soon will be advancing up to AR.
Have been lurking here for a while, and hope to become more active in the discussions.
Not owning an AR yet, but its in the future plans to be reality. :)
Active member of the Swedish Armed Forces, and I do skydiving on my freetime also.

Airhasz
01-05-14, 02:23
Welcome to M4C, looking forward to your viewpoint on some of the topics!

Elkhound
01-05-14, 06:20
Welcome from North Carolina. I am sure you will find this board very informative.

Have you been to the Vasa museum? My daughter and I spent several hours there a few years ago. What an awesome ship and museum. You know something is "cool" when a 17 year old girls wants to go back the next day to the same museum.

dorton
01-05-14, 08:07
Welcome to the board. I've got a good friend from Skärhamn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

WillBrink
01-05-14, 09:14
Hi.

I am a beginner in the IPSC world, started with pistol and soon will be advancing up to AR.
Have been lurking here for a while, and hope to become more active in the discussions.
Not owning an AR yet, but its in the future plans to be reality. :)
Active member of the Swedish Armed Forces, and I do skydiving on my freetime also.

Is IPSC popular in Sweden? How are the laws in terms of owning an AR in Sweden? I know the % of gun ownership in Sweden is high if i recall. What brands of AR are sold in Sweden?

swedish_kitsune
01-06-14, 06:44
Hi.

The high percentage of gun ownership is only beacuse of the vast hunting community in Sweden.(I'm gonna buy myself an Remington 700 with a McMillan stock for hunting)

IPSC struggles daily against politicians trying to abolish the whole shooting sport in general just for a quick vote, and being denied owner permits by the police agencies responsible for handling the applications for ownership, several permits being denied on unjustly grounds beacuse of incompetence and/or sobjective feelings from the officers handling the permits.

The IPSC sport is most practiced by Military and Police personnel, and we try to expand the sport as much as we can.

The most AR in Sweden are clones from German manufacturers like Oberland Arms and such. To import American made weapons is almost impossible today due to ITAR and slow and hostile bearucratics. Add to that that is VERY expensive, many fees and extra taxes on every part.

If anyone else have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer as best to my knowledge expands.

WillBrink
01-06-14, 07:51
Hi.

The high percentage of gun ownership is only beacuse of the vast hunting community in Sweden.(I'm gonna buy myself an Remington 700 with a McMillan stock for hunting)

IPSC struggles daily against politicians trying to abolish the whole shooting sport in general just for a quick vote, and being denied owner permits by the police agencies responsible for handling the applications for ownership, several permits being denied on unjustly grounds beacuse of incompetence and/or sobjective feelings from the officers handling the permits.

The IPSC sport is most practiced by Military and Police personnel, and we try to expand the sport as much as we can.

The most AR in Sweden are clones from German manufacturers like Oberland Arms and such. To import American made weapons is almost impossible today due to ITAR and slow and hostile bearucratics. Add to that that is VERY expensive, many fees and extra taxes on every part.

If anyone else have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer as best to my knowledge expands.

Thanx for the info. Sorry to hear your rights are being chipped away by ignorant politicians. I I have never seen a German AR. I wonder what the quality is like.