PDA

View Full Version : SLR 107- Spring Loaded Firing Pin

Flankenstein
01-05-14, 15:46
Is dry firing an AK with a spring loaded firing pin (SLR107) ok?

Its my understanding that a free floated firing pin is a-ok but I don't have much clarity on the spring loaded FP.

The owner of my LGS said that it is not good when I asked him if I could dry fire in the store.

He is not your average LGS owner/employee and usually his info/opinion is spot on, his response made me scratch my head..

Heavy Metal
01-05-14, 16:42
An occasional dry fire of a centerfire weapon for demonstration purposes isn't going to hurt squat. If they are that namby-pamby, find another store.

Bret
01-05-14, 19:34
An occasional dry fire of a centerfire weapon for demonstration purposes isn't going to hurt squat.
+1, with very few exceptions (CZ-52 for example).

Flankenstein
01-05-14, 19:48
I am not asking about the occasional dry fire. I would like to get some dry fire practice in, I'm talking about thousands of dry fires...

Heavy Metal
01-05-14, 20:23
Snap cap and a spare FP assembly would be my advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

oef24
01-05-14, 21:49
I love the SLR-107's from Arsenal because of the spring loaded firing pins just like Polytech's. I have never worried about wearing out the spring. I think Heavy Metal said it best. Any spring or part for that matter can and will wear. I don't think you will hurt the firing pin. The spring might wear out after thousands of dry fires. Get a spare or 2 and keep a count. Report back on the wear or lack there of.

O

Berserkr556
01-08-14, 18:21
There is no place to buy a spare firing pin spring for an SLR107. Until this part becomes available I wouldn't dry fire your rifle thousands of times. Right now the only way to get a spare firing pin spring would be to buy another SLR107. Seriously, Arsenal/K-VAR doesn't have any and never did have any when they first released the SLR107 years ago.