PDA

View Full Version : HI-Desert-Dog, anyone know if he's alive?

quillbro
01-07-14, 00:02
I contacted hi desert dog for a scar 16 barrel cut job to 10.5" for a gun I was planning on taking to shot show. Told him about it, he said he would turn it around in 1 week via email. I sent it in and have confirmation that it was delivered on Nov 18th. I've emailed and called several times with no response. My barrel never came back and obviously i cant take the gun to shot show because im leaving in 3 days.

But I still want my barrel back eventually since I think they are worth about a grand. Has anyone heard from Hi desert dog lately????? If so do you have a point of contact for him? I got ahold of him through the sales@ email initially and he responded quickly but after that it has been a commo black out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
-Evan

GotAmmo
01-07-14, 02:15
site says they're on vacation til, well today

so that could explain the lack of communication

RHINOWSO
01-07-14, 10:38
It's too late for you but I prefer Marvin @Nefarious Arms for SCAR chops. Did both of mine, back in 4 weeks, decent communication, but no question you'll get your barrel back and it will be done right.

quillbro
01-07-14, 12:43
I went with hi desert dog due to a industry friend recommending him. I've heard of Marvin Pitts but i usually take my friends words on referrals. I'm sure there are several people capable of doing this type of work, i just expected that since he was aware the gun was going to be a show gun for shot show that it would have been done in time since it was delivered about 2 months prior and he said 1 week turn around. Initially I contacted FN for a CQC for out booth and they were accommodating but I wasn't sure the form 3 would clear prior to the show so I figured it would be better off just chopping a scar 16.

I was hoping someone on M4C would have an email account that is maybe more direct other than sales@hidesertdog

Please let me know if anyone has a more reliable means of commo for them thanks.

NHbowhunter
01-19-14, 17:14
Did you ever hear back from him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD