PDA

View Full Version : New 7.62 "AR-10" mags announced from Lancer!

Tokarev
01-07-14, 10:35
http://www.lancer-systems.com/business-areas/small-arms/products/magazines/l7awm/

LANCER LAUNCHES NEW L7AWM
- 7.62x51mm Magazine to Debut at SHOT Show 2014 -

Allentown, PA - January 7, 2014 - Lancer Systems LP, a leading advanced weapons and components manufacturer, today announced the launch of the new L7AWM, an advanced hybrid magazine that combines the strength of steel with the toughness of polymer to form a lightweight, reliable 7.62x51mm magazine.

The Lancer L7AWM incorporates a unique, dual steel design that wraps completely around the magazine to maximize stiffness and feeding reliability while minimizing wear and dimpling to the front of the magazine that can result from high volume firing. The magazine body is made from impact resistant polymer and, like the L5AWM, is available with either a translucent or opaque body.

The magazine also contains a switchable drain located on the floor plate lock. This feature, in conjunction with drain channels in the floor plate, allows users to configure the L7 between water-borne and extreme dust conditions.

The magazine is designed to work in multiple weapon systems, including the SR25, SIG716, DPMS 308 and LM308. It is currently available in 5,10 and 20-round capacities with higher capacity versions planned for late 2014.

“We’ve found that innovation doesn’t just happen; it takes knowledge, technology and passion," said Scott Vilardi, business area manager, Advanced Weapons & Components, Lancer. "Our engineers, technicians and scientists are the best in the industry, allowing us to continue to raise the bar as is evident in the design of the L7AWM. The L7AWM represents state-of-the-art design in weapon component technology.”

SkyPup
01-07-14, 10:50
It is about time! I've been using their 5.56 mags ever since they came out.

JD42
01-07-14, 13:52
They look very cool. Cant wate. Been holding off on the magpull Gen III's for these.

Kiznelly
01-09-14, 20:15
Awww.

I read AR-10 in the title and got happy...for nothing.

Saginaw79
01-09-14, 20:23
even armalite is getting away from the old ar-10, they now have the AR-10A, which uses what id say are now standard .308 AR mags, and not the old super expensive butcher an m14 mag for the rifle type

Saginaw79
01-09-14, 20:24
It is about time! I've been using their 5.56 mags ever since they came out.

Im buying a bunch soon. The last few gens of PMags aren't impressing me, and seem flimsy. The round move around up and down at odd angles in a PMAG now, the old gen1s and 1.5s didn't do that. I tried a lancer and loved it

PatrioticDisorder
01-09-14, 20:37
Im buying a bunch soon. The last few gens of PMags aren't impressing me, and seem flimsy. The round move around up and down at odd angles in a PMAG now, the old gen1s and 1.5s didn't do that. I tried a lancer and loved it

Might wanna check the prices out first. Even if street price is cheaper than this, they're still going to be over $30 a magazine.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2014/01/07/first-look-lancer-systems-l7awm-ar-10-magazines/

Tokarev
01-09-14, 21:07
That's an interesting picture there on the G&A site. Anyone recognize the forend on that SIG?

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Exiledviking
01-10-14, 00:59
I'll be buying a couple to try in my LMT MWS. I have some of the Magpuls and it will be interesting to see how they compare.

That's an interesting picture there on the G&A site. Anyone recognize the forend on that SIG?

Looks like a Lancer custom carbon fiber handguard?

TurretGunner
01-15-14, 07:51
Fantastic News... Lancer, while more expensive then the competiton... makes the best non USGI AR15 Mag IMO..... If they can keep these under $30, they will not be able to make them fast enough...

I didn't see it mentioned, but will they make them in opaque/clear/smoke?

PatrioticDisorder
01-15-14, 08:08
Fantastic News... Lancer, while more expensive then the competiton... makes the best non USGI AR15 Mag IMO..... If they can keep these under $30, they will not be able to make them fast enough...

I didn't see it mentioned, but will they make them in opaque/clear/smoke?

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2014/01/07/first-look-lancer-systems-l7awm-ar-10-magazines/

They list all the variants at the bottom of thr article, but yes. Prices are a bit scary though.

Tokarev
01-15-14, 08:23
Brownell's is planning on making an aluminum 20rd mag and it should be available mid year. It will sell at about $20.

netsecsys
01-19-14, 23:18
Outstanding! Looking forward to replacing my Magpul 762s with the Lancers.