PDA

View Full Version : SIG's 556 Replacement

recon
01-07-14, 22:33
http://www.sigaddict.com/index.php/8-news/342-exclusive-meet-the-sig-556xi-modular-rifle

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_45/415186_Sig_Sauer_will_announce_SIG_556xi_modular_rifle_on_Monday.html

doodi1
01-08-14, 10:03
I like it. I will be buying a 556R version when those hit the stores. I already have a total of 5 of the current version, and look forward to the new ones. Depending on the Price, they could have a winner here.

scottryan
01-08-14, 19:03
Complete step backwards. They shortened the handguard. No need to change the gas block or adjustments from the Swiss 550 series. Complete idiots that can't get this right after 5 attempts.

Heavy Metal
01-08-14, 19:59
Scotty,

I tend to think you are a bit too critical at times but in this case.........you are understating it.

1994 called and wants it Carbine-Length Handguards back!

Somebody went full special on that one!

This is a transparent attempt to consilidate as many parts from the pistol/SBR and rifle lines as possible., I.E. do what is best for their bottom line, not what's best for the customer.

JoshNC
01-08-14, 20:18
Complete step backwards. They shortened the handguard. No need to change the gas block or adjustments from the Swiss 550 series. Complete idiots that can't get this right after 5 attempts.

Agreed.

coastwatcher42
01-08-14, 20:56
This is a transparent attempt to consilidate as many parts from the pistol/SBR and rifle lines as possible., I.E. do what is best for their bottom line, not what's best for the customer.

Even though he made it highly proffitable, Ron Cohen ruined Kimber with his cost cutting measures. Now he is trying to do the same at Sig.

Leaveammoforme
01-08-14, 21:31
I wouldn't mind one in x39, if it will actually be available.

nick84
01-10-14, 19:21
I wouldn't mind one in x39, if it will actually be available.

Maybe the one upside here. Other than this, I agree with everyone else. When the industry is innovating, SIG is doing the same thing they have for years except cheaper. Meh.

MountainRaven
01-10-14, 19:24
Even though he made it highly proffitable, Ron Cohen ruined Kimber with his cost cutting measures. Now he is trying to do the same at Sig.

'Trying'? What trying?

graffex
01-10-14, 20:43
Few things are certain in life. Death, taxes, and Sig doing stupid shit...

Bolt_Overide
01-10-14, 20:59
I dont visit the site anymore, but, I wonder whats being said on TOS?

My theory is they arent getting anything wrong, but rather they are doing what the tacticool morons are clamoring for.

Moose-Knuckle
01-10-14, 21:09
WTF, wow how many re-issues now . . . someone over at Sig needs to fall on their short sword already.

Averageman
01-11-14, 05:31
I've owned the Sig SWAT Patrol and the 556R. Both of these weapons were substandard attempts to bring something viable and with the Sig name to the market place.
Both had Q/A, Q/C issues and the Sig SWAT Patrol went back, 5 monhs later it was finally replaced with a 556R and guess what? It too had Q/A, Q/C issues.
I have nothing nice to say about my experiance with Sig and will never purchase any of their products again.

halmbarte
01-11-14, 08:03
I replaced mine with a SCAR 16.

It is nice to have a rifle that was designed to hit performance specs instead of a price point.

H