PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about...

Swag
01-09-14, 17:51
A fuel-cell powered pin gun with electronic ignition (battery)? Google the Ramset T3 then imagine that tech applied to a rifle.

SilverBullet432
01-09-14, 18:45
Ive got a 16gauge nailer powered by a fuel cell and a battery. Ive thought about this before lol. But why would it help? A semi auto rifle relies on the gas produced by the burning powder.. Youd essentially have a co2 gun.

Swag
01-09-14, 18:49
Caseless ammo for one thing

Swag
01-09-14, 18:50
Possible on demand power adjustment

Swag
01-09-14, 18:51
Don't they run a little quieter?

SilverBullet432
01-09-14, 19:20
Don't they run a little quieter?

like subsonic?

Swag
01-09-14, 19:24
like subsonic?

No not like that but quieter overall. Possibly at levels not requiring hearing protection?

J-Dub
01-09-14, 19:25
So a PCP air gun with a electronic trigger mech?....Daystate Air Wolf?

SilverBullet432
01-09-14, 19:26
No not like that but quieter in terms of overall. Possibly at levels not requiring hearing protection?

Well i mean a bullet traveling at high velocity creates a sonic boom. Im sure the govt. has messed with this before. They have caseless ammo guns, needle guns etc..

Swag
01-09-14, 19:33
So a PCP air gun with a electronic trigger mech?....Daystate Air Wolf?

Not quite. Fueled by a ignitible gas (internal combustion). Check out Ramset fuel cartridges...

Well i mean a bullet traveling at high velocity creates a sonic boom. Im sure the govt. has messed with this before. They have caseless ammo guns, needle guns etc..

Understand where you're coming from. There's nothing we can do about the sonic crack of a projectile unless you go subsonic (but that is another consideration!*). I just haven't seen a successfully marketed caseless ammo firearm yet.

ETA: *Think about going super to sub which just the flip of a switch. No ammo change...