PDA

View Full Version : HSGI M3T (Multi-Misson Medical TACO)

Narco
01-10-14, 10:30
Check out the new medical Taco from High Speed Gear : http://bit.ly/1a3lrGp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiiiWQMXj7A

Narco
01-10-14, 10:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxKzBu5834

sl4mdaddy
01-10-14, 11:12
Nice!

I like the idea of an adapter that allows for horizontal mounting, I'd like to try that with my pistol tacos as well.

airwayguru
01-13-14, 20:37
It is amazing what they come out with when it comes to IFAK and Blow Out kits. That looks like a good system to have. I will get one and give it a try. It looks well built and I can adapt it to what I want to.

MH557
01-18-14, 00:19
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one & giving it a try.

Sent from my DX752 using Tapatalk

ZoneOne
01-19-14, 16:19
These slim line IFAKS have become more and more popular. This however seems like the best of both worlds because it can slim down to carry just a few medical supplies or it can increase in size based on requirements.

Pretty nifty.

docsherm
01-23-14, 11:04
That is a really good idea. They are really taking that Taco idea to the limits. Nice work Gene.

nolacopusmc
02-08-14, 00:41
Thanks for the kind words everyone. if you have one, would love to hear what your thoughts on so far. HOVERTS should be out shortly.

wilson1911
02-13-14, 10:13
When are the inserts going to be available ?

RedXd
02-13-14, 17:59
I'm going to pick up a couple

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nolacopusmc
02-13-14, 22:22
When are the inserts going to be available ?

Inserts will be available within the next few weeks. We are finalizing the packaging with the manufacturer. You will see a video released via the NOLATAC online venues and probably shared throughout. We are expecting a 3-4 week delivery from this point.

Thanks for hanging in there. We really want to make sure we have it right before we set it out there.

SoTex1
03-20-14, 22:43
Seen all the videos and I'm interested but want to see if anyone has played with this yet specifically on a PC? Also would be interested in someone's thoughts on this compared to the DARK and ITS tall boy pouches?

sava
03-21-14, 01:15
Looks like a great piece of equipment. I'll be sure to pick one up when they become available.

srsbiz
04-01-14, 09:05
For those of you guys that have it... how do ya like it?

JAustin316
09-23-14, 22:00
I like it a lot. Its pretty wide with dual CATs on the sides. I wear it horizontally. I like the ability to be able to pull it out from either side for the main compartment and both TQs. As always great customer service with HSGI.

sl4mdaddy
09-25-14, 11:33
Any word on the Hoverts yet?

sasage
09-29-14, 20:19
Anyone have a HSGI Bleeder to compare it to?

SteveL
03-25-15, 12:00
Seen all the videos and I'm interested but want to see if anyone has played with this yet specifically on a PC? Also would be interested in someone's thoughts on this compared to the DARK and ITS tall boy pouches?

Anyone have a HSGI Bleeder to compare it to?

I'm going for necro post of the day here, but now that these have been out for a little while I'd like to know what people think of the M3T compared to the other pouches mentioned above, particularly the one that comes with the DARK kit from Dark Angel.

sasage
03-25-15, 19:43
I sold mine for a an AWS and packed mine with my own gear.

SteveL
03-25-15, 21:35
I sold mine for a an AWS and packed mine with my own gear.

Thanks for responding. What about it did you not like?

sasage
03-26-15, 00:41
Thanks for responding. What about it did you not like?
I wanted to fit: chest seal, tourniquet, NPA, opa, cling, Israeli bandage, gloves etc in one bag and it wasn't large enough for what I wanted. It may work for you if you just have couple items

SteveL
03-26-15, 05:19
I wanted to fit: chest seal, tourniquet, NPA, opa, cling, Israeli bandage, gloves etc in one bag and it wasn't large enough for what I wanted. It may work for you if you just have couple items

Thanks.

quackhead
04-04-15, 11:19
My biggest issues with kits like these is accessibility of contents for traing and self aid. Once you open the vacuum sealed package, you are not getting the contents back into the kit. How do you train to access the stuff for self aid when it can't be re packed in original form. Another issue is accessing just the specific items needed in a self aid situation. Depending on his these are packed/ sealed, you may be sifting through components to get to that one piece of life saving equipment. Another issue is actually opening the vacuum sealed bag under stress for self aid- I've seen a couple people try in training and the contents went flying all over the place. I like a dedicated med kit that has contents organized so I can access specific pieces as needed. Just my prefernce

SteveL
04-05-15, 17:20
My biggest issues with kits like these is accessibility of contents for traing and self aid. Once you open the vacuum sealed package, you are not getting the contents back into the kit. How do you train to access the stuff for self aid when it can't be re packed in original form. Another issue is accessing just the specific items needed in a self aid situation. Depending on his these are packed/ sealed, you may be sifting through components to get to that one piece of life saving equipment. Another issue is actually opening the vacuum sealed bag under stress for self aid- I've seen a couple people try in training and the contents went flying all over the place. I like a dedicated med kit that has contents organized so I can access specific pieces as needed. Just my prefernce

Would you mind sharing the specifics of your setup?

quackhead
04-22-15, 23:05
My setup is designed to individually access just the components needed- the trauma dressing, NPA w packet of lube attached, needle, and TQ ( I also have another TQ in a dedicated pouch on my kit) are held in place by individual elastic loops, my chest seal is in a pocket by itself. In another pocket ( on front of the chest seal pocket) is my hemostatic gauze ( QC or Celox rapid) and a swat T. The hemo gauze is staged in front of the swat to access first. I keep the swat t as a backup- backup TQ / backup pressure Bandage. The pocket for the chest seal is tiered, so it can be accessed immediately for chest wounds. combat pill pack is stored behind chest seal. I'm currently running the marz multmode IFAK and am really digging it

TheBearMedic
05-21-16, 07:10
Nice!

I like the idea of an adapter that allows for horizontal mounting, I'd like to try that with my pistol tacos as well.
I've had retention issues with mounting a pistol taco horizontally...mag fell out while running. I mounted it using the platform I got from Downrange Gear. Adding a top strap or going with the new covered pistol taco would be the way to go if you really have your heart set on using the taco pouch horizontally.