PDA

View Full Version : M&P barrel upgrade?

mysak
01-10-14, 13:07
So I decided to wait on the RMR on a Glock but I still want to take a back gun to the course I have an older M&P VTAC and was wondering about a barrel upgrade I was looking at the KKM M&P 9mm Match Full Size Drop in? Any experience with these?
Has anyone had problems swapping slides and frames with the M&P line? As I already have a frame that was stippled and trigger done on a 9L and would to put a standard FS namely the said VTAC slide above on it.

Tennvol12345
01-10-14, 18:31
Had 2 KKM barrels. First one shot a foot high and a foot right at 15 yards but grouped tight. Sent it back to KKM. Second one was pretty close to POA but didn't hold a group.

Stick to the stock barrel (with dimple).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mysak
01-10-14, 19:18
Thanks for the heads up but unfortunately mine does not have the dimple.

RB-S13
01-10-14, 19:18
I have a FS M&P that would shoot on average an 8 inch group. I put a KKM barrel in and the gun will now shoot 2-3 inch groups from a rest at 25yds.

I have had no problems swapping 5 inch and 4.25 inch slides on multiple frames.

manbearpig
01-10-14, 23:25
Hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but if someone made a drop-in M&P9 barrel that accepted a rubber o-ring (like the HK45c barrel does), could this maybe solve some of the M&P9 accuracy problems?

86 slo-vo
01-11-14, 00:09
I run a KKM barrel in my 5" pro, can't say I've ever really tried to shoot groups with it....but it's been excellent so far.

RB-S13
01-11-14, 07:36
Hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but if someone made a drop-in M&P9 barrel that accepted a rubber o-ring (like the HK45c barrel does), could this maybe solve some of the M&P9 accuracy problems?

To my knowledge the occasional accuracy problems have been solved in the latest runs. If the op has a gun that is inaccurate I would send it back to S&W. I should have sent mine back but opted for instant gratification. Luckily the drop in barrel worked for me.

jmoney
01-14-14, 16:50
Grant from g&r hand fits barrels as well, I just sent mine in last week. They are supposed to be pretty darn good.

Mine is a VTAC. I tried a drop in and it did not solve the accuracy issue in mine that came about 10yds+.