PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Mikes/VLOR Sling Swivels....

Razorhunter
05-14-08, 23:32
Does anyone know if the VLTOR push button, quick detach sling swivel is the exact same swivel that Uncle Mikes sells? Is the VLTOR the HEAVY DUTY version?
They look the same, but I don't have both of them here to compare. I only own the VLTOR. I know that my VLTOR has an NSN #, and I'm not sure if the Uncle Mikes does or not?
Anyhow, I'm wondering if the VLTOR is made any better, or are they the same, similar, or the EXACT same (made in the same factory?)
I really wanted to ask if anyone here has EVER had one of these push button, quick detach type sling swivels FAIL on them?
I have read of them failing a time or two on the internet forums, and I have always worried about them failing myself. This is because a couple years back, I had an Uncle Mikes that never did hold real well, and it seemed that it would pull out (without pushing the button) fairly easily.
I never did use that swivel, and I have never used them prior to, or after that occurance.
I've just not had 100% faith in them. I know a lot of people use these swivels, so I would like to know if anyone has ever had a negative experience using them? It sure would SUCK to have one fail, and see my weapon hit the ground, or concrete/etc. Anyone???

Stickman
05-16-08, 15:46
Does anyone know if the VLTOR push button, quick detach sling swivel is the exact same swivel that Uncle Mikes sells? Is the VLTOR the HEAVY DUTY version?

Anyhow, I'm wondering if the VLTOR is made any better, or are they the same, similar, or the EXACT same (made in the same factory?)

I really wanted to ask if anyone here has EVER had one of these push button, quick detach type sling swivels FAIL on them?
Anyone???

Vltor QD swivels are made in the USA, and I will point out that while another company used to have theirs made here, they outsourced it to China.

Yes, I've had a QD swivel pop out, and much like you, I make sure that the ones I have are decent. It always pays to double check and give the sling a sharp yank to ensure the mount is squared away as well.

On a side note, Daniel Defense ones are made in the USA as well.