PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than ObamaCare

platoonDaddy
01-11-14, 13:38
Washington Examiner comparison of the two health insurance programs found that Walmart's plan is more affordable and provides significantly better access to high-quality medical care than Obamacare.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/07/surprise-walmart-health-plan-is-cheaper-offers-more-coverage-than-obamacare/

Skyyr
01-11-14, 22:38
Washington Examiner comparison of the two health insurance programs found that Walmart's plan is more affordable and provides significantly better access to high-quality medical care than Obamacare.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/07/surprise-walmart-health-plan-is-cheaper-offers-more-coverage-than-obamacare/

And you think this is a coincidence? It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was Walmart's goal all-along following some back-door dealings, to enter the healthcare arena post-ACA.

platoonDaddy
01-11-14, 23:30
And you think this is a coincidence? It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was Walmart's goal all-along following some back-door dealings, to enter the healthcare arena post-ACA.

That would be a very smart business move, but I believe contrary to popular belief, they take care of their employees.

Magic_Salad0892
01-12-14, 00:28
That would be a very smart business move, but I believe contrary to popular belief, they take care of their employees.

As a former employee, I can firmly tell you with 100% certainty that you're wrong.

No offense.

SteveS
01-12-14, 11:05
Government healthcare is well government.

SteyrAUG
01-12-14, 14:07
I have a prescription plan at Walmart and my stuff is cheaper than what my wife pays through her employer provided health plan. I wish Wal Mart offered health insurance to the general public, probably be the best bet for "working class" folks.

TAZ
01-12-14, 14:26
I have a prescription plan at Walmart and my stuff is cheaper than what my wife pays through her employer provided health plan. I wish Wal Mart offered health insurance to the general public, probably be the best bet for "working class" folks.

What??? Allow private industry to compete for our hard earned cash by offering products that consumers want to purchase. Holy crap man, what in gods creation are you suggesting. Don't you know that crap doesn't work. The government has to be involved. Do you actually think that without government intervention people like Bill gates, Michael Dell, Steve Jobs, Sam Walton... Would NEVER have made ends meet

You seriously need to re-educate yourself about how this works.

Just in case anyone is wondering the above is SARCASM.

TehLlama
01-15-14, 13:00
Wal-Mart isn't about quality, just value, or at least enough of it to be the most attractive cheap option - which is what most people want out of healthcare coverage anyway.

No surprise, nothing to see here.

Caeser25
01-15-14, 16:24
What??? Allow private industry to compete for our hard earned cash by offering products that consumers want to purchase. Holy crap man, what in gods creation are you suggesting. Don't you know that crap doesn't work. The government has to be involved. Do you actually think that without government intervention people like Bill gates, Michael Dell, Steve Jobs, Sam Walton... Would NEVER have made ends meet

You seriously need to re-educate yourself about how this works.

Just in case anyone is wondering the above is SARCASM.

Logic and reasoning don't belong anywhere near politics.