PDA

View Full Version : Is re-pinning a muzzle device necessary?

MajorLonghorn
01-11-14, 17:05
I have both a POF 14.5 and a Noveske Switchblock 14.5 upper, and I am planning to get a stamp to SBR one of my lowers. I'd like to unpin my uppers and putting Surefire muzzle devices on them so they can host a Surefire suppressor. Since my lower will be SBRed, there will be no legal need to re-pin the muzzle device. However, I am wondering if, once pinned, does every subsequent muzzle device that is installed on a barrel also need to be pinned?

I'd rather not re-pin if possible, so that I can change out the muzzle device more easily if necessary. Any insight would be appreciated.

baffle Stack
01-11-14, 17:47
Once your SBR stamp is in you hands, you can leave it unpinned. The pin is not a fastener

Ops
01-17-14, 01:26
If you have no stamp, its either got to be on a pistol lower or you might as well put it in the safe.

MistWolf
01-17-14, 10:11
There is no mechanical reason to re-pin the muzzle device as long as the threads will still hold it properly

MajorLonghorn
01-17-14, 17:20
If you have no stamp, its either got to be on a pistol lower or you might as well put it in the safe.

I am in the process of getting the stamp, and I plan on waiting for it to come in before I do anything. I was simply wondering if it is safe to leave it unpinned.

Ops
01-17-14, 22:00
as long as you dont use it , or the worlds coming to an end and there is no law, yes its fine. other wise no

BOOSTjunkie
01-18-14, 19:43
as long as you dont use it , or the worlds coming to an end and there is no law, yes its fine. other wise no

not saying you are wrong... but i was always under the impression that this was the contrary. stamp in hand or no unpinning or you have a pistol lower?