PDA

View Full Version : Film: Summer Chamois

PathfilmsNZ
01-12-14, 22:06
A short film of a Chamois hunt in the Southern Alps of New Zealand last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z90KBSKyN_c

Nater
01-15-14, 19:38
I always enjoy your films. Very nice job editing. NZ is such a beautiful place! I will patiently anticipate more films from the Alps of NZ.

J-Dub
01-16-14, 10:26
Again, awesome video. I hope to some day make it to the south island for some free range public tahr hunting.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-16-14, 11:32
Im sure we talked about it lady time, but what was your set up again? Also its very reckless to be driving on the wrong side of the road like that!

PathfilmsNZ
01-18-14, 02:31
Im sure we talked about it lady time, but what was your set up again? Also its very reckless to be driving on the wrong side of the road like that!

It's a 20" barrelled Sako 75 chambered in 6.5x47 lapua, with a Roedale Delta IV suppressor, 3-12x PMII, McMillan stock, etc. I'm considering selling it to buy a Blaser R8. It has some problems running the action with the sharp shouldered x47 case and the 3 lugged bolt, and I'd like to get the overall length down with suppressor, a Blaser has a 3" shorter action and would allow me to use a larger case (6.5x55 Swede) for more power, shorter barrel, while remaining factory (I hate wildcats).

It's the right... er... correct... side of the road!!

PathfilmsNZ
01-18-14, 02:33
Again, awesome video. I hope to some day make it to the south island for some free range public tahr hunting.

Thanks, I hope you do too - it's great hunting. Don't go to this valley for Tahr though, we only saw 2 of them in the entire North Branch.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-18-14, 07:00
What was the rifle before? Did the smith change the follower? I had a brace of 260 rem i wish I had kept one of them, but I stepped up to a 264 win mag. I to have been thinking of selling one one of my 30 cal magnums, nut its to go in the other direction, I want what your running.

PathfilmsNZ
01-18-14, 16:25
.243 before, I burnt the barrel out, the issue isn't the follower so much as that the bottom lugs of the bolt don't like to run over the top of the sharp shoulder when working it. It's not a major issue, just have to run it fast.

Short barrelled light-ish suppressed moderate-cased 6.5mm with good optics is the perfect "all around rifle" I think.

J-Dub
01-21-14, 10:43
Also I dig the Toyotas....Hilux & Surf?

PathfilmsNZ
01-25-14, 02:58
Also I dig the Toyotas....Hilux & Surf?

Yep, 1990 Hilux and 1994 Surf

I have fixed the cycling issues that I was experiencing with my rifle, a little wet'n'dry sandpaper will do wonders...