PDA

View Full Version : KAC URX AR10 Rail Question

Razorhunter
05-15-08, 14:45
Will KAC's SR25 URX rail work on an Armalite upper?
Are the threads the same? I really hope so.
Also, will the SR25 URX work on a DPMS upper?
I'm just trying to determine if there is ANY issues that will arise with installing an SR25 URX onto an Armalite AR10 upper receiver?

If for some reason the URX will NOT fit onto an Armalite upper, I really won't know what rail to use on my AR10 build. I really love the look of the URX rail, and it's the only rail that really has this appearance, and STILL has a CONTINUOUS top rail. I mean, there are other rails out there for the AR10, which have the same general LOOK of the URX, HOWEVER, they do NOT have a continuous top rail to mate up to the flat top upper receiver.
The DD Lite rails just do NOT look nearly as good as a URX in my humble opinion. I hate that, because I really am a big fan of DD. There's just something kick ass looking about the URX.
Thanks so much guys.

Razorhunter
05-15-08, 14:49
Oh, one more thing guys. Does anyone know if the Armalite adjustable gas block will fit under a URX rail? I have yet to see one up close. Trying to figure out if it presents any issue with fitting under any of the FF rails out there???
Thanks.

khc3
05-15-08, 22:09
Oops didn't read your whole post.

khc3
05-15-08, 22:10
I'm pretty sure the URX will not work on a AR10.

Derek_Connor
05-16-08, 12:51
I'm just trying to determine if there is ANY issues that will arise with installing an SR25 URX onto an Armalite AR10 upper receiver?

If for some reason the URX will NOT fit onto an Armalite upper, I really won't know what rail to use on my AR10 build. I really love the look of the URX rail, and it's the only rail that really has this appearance, and STILL has a CONTINUOUS top rail. I mean, there are other rails out there for the AR10, which have the same general LOOK of the URX, HOWEVER, they do NOT have a continuous top rail to mate up to the flat top upper receiver.
The DD Lite rails just do NOT look nearly as good as a URX in my humble opinion. I hate that, because I really am a big fan of DD. There's just something kick ass looking about the URX.
Thanks so much guys.

Sorry, but the URX will not fit on the AR10/Armalite upper.

Get a larue rail.

Razorhunter
05-16-08, 16:49
As much as I love LT products, his rail just isn't one of them. I hate to say that, because EVERYTHING else he makes is amazing.
I know his rail performs fine, but that big round nut? (or whatever it is) just doesn't look right.
Sure, looks are NOT everything, but when there are other rails of the same high quality out there, that look much better to me, then I just have to go that route.
Not to mention my preferred FF rail must have a continuous top rail.
I can't wait for the day when LT modifies their rail design slightly. I will then be a total LT whore like many others around here.
There is no better rail out there than the URX in my humble opinion.
I think the SWS would be my second choice for an AR10 rail. Noveske knows whats up.
Thanks.

Razorhunter
05-16-08, 16:52
BTW,
I don't suppose anyone knows the thread pitch of the Armalite upper receiver, and the URX rail eh?
I assume that the thread pitches are so close in size, that it's probably impossible to rethread either part, to make them match up, but I still have to be sure. ????

Derek_Connor
05-16-08, 16:58
I dont think you would want to re-thread either the receiver or the urx.

If you like the SWS rail, go with that.

Robb Jensen
05-16-08, 18:23

Thanks so much guys.

For an AR10 I highly recommend a Daniel Defense Lite Rail.