PDA

View Full Version : I'd Like To Buy YOUR GUNS...

SteyrAUG
01-14-14, 00:50
Though some of you guys would find this interesting.

Back in the olden days people used to buy guns from this thing called Shotgun News. And FJ Vollmer typically had the lowest "for sale" prices on preban military firearms (keep in mind that in 2000 the Clinton ban was in full effect).

Well here is how they were able to offer those "good deal" prices. And yes even back in 2000 those are pretty much screw you "sell ya guns fo crack yo" prices.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/Vollmer1_zpse02e3305.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/Vollmer2_zps89100623.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/Vollmer3_zps2e7ebe1d.jpg

And if anyone happens to have any of the above in Excellent or New In Box condition, I'll be happy to honor those prices. Keep in mind things like Colt 6520 would have to be pre 94 models.

:sarcastic:

Scary to contemplate what those $3000.00 Colt rifles (typical 2000 price) might be going for today if we didn't get a sunset and the Clinton ban was permanently renewed. Even scarier if you happen to know that the renewal was successfully amended to Larry Craig's Firearm Industry Protection Bill by a Republican majority congress and ONE MAN saved us from that fate by then killing his own bill.

Traveshamockery
01-14-14, 05:50
Even scarier if you happen to know that the renewal was successfully amended to Larry Craig's Firearm Industry Protection Bill by a Republican majority congress and ONE MAN saved us from that fate by then killing his own bill.

I wasn't a shooter then, so I had no idea this was the case. Larry deserves a lot of respect.

Eurodriver
01-14-14, 08:40
Scary to contemplate what those $3000.00 Colt rifles (typical 2000 price) might be going for today if we didn't get a sunset and the Clinton ban was permanently renewed. Even scarier if you happen to know that the renewal was successfully amended to Larry Craig's Firearm Industry Protection Bill by a Republican majority congress and ONE MAN saved us from that fate by then killing his own bill.

It's a bit misleading to imply that "one man" saved us from Congress. More like "one man" saved the Senate from voting on this legislation.

Larry Craig's own words:

MARGARET WARNER: I'm not sure I'm going to get you two to agree on statistics, because there are statistics on both sides, but let me ask you, Sen. Craig, do you believe that if this vote were to come to the Senate again, an up and down vote, given what happened in March, that, in fact, it would pass?

SEN. LARRY CRAIG: It probably would pass by one vote. It's very difficult to say. It might be a tie vote. But the House will not pass it. They have said so openly and directly and the votes... they have a 100-vote margin in the House to kill this very bad Clinton gun ban.

So why in some three weeks of time left before adjournment would we waste our time when we have not even put a budget out yet or have we handled our appropriation bills with a very limited time factor and why pass something that will not become law and will fail in the House? We have choices to --

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec04/ban_09-09.html

SteyrAUG
01-14-14, 15:21
It's a bit misleading to imply that "one man" saved us from Congress. More like "one man" saved the Senate from voting on this legislation.

Larry Craig's own words:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec04/ban_09-09.html

Not that misleading at all. The Senate had already done it. A Republican majority Senate had ALREADY voted to add the renewal of the Assault Weapon Ban to Craigs bill. It was done, not something that might have happened, it had already happened. President Bush had also said he would sign the re authorization of the bill.

To suggest that a Republican majority House was some kind of guaranteed trump card that would have prevented everything is as naive as believing Obama is pro gun because there is a picture of him shooting skeet.

The reality of the situation is Larry Craig is the man who stopped the train on the tracks by killing his own legislation. Keep in mind this was a "pro gun" bill that many people were depending upon Craig to get through Congress. It protected manufacturers from being sued by victims of criminal firearms use.

LOTS of people wanted this to pass and Larry wanted very much to be the person to do it. If he was that confident that it would have been stopped at the house then he would have sent it on it's way so he could say he "did his part" in getting the Firearms Industry Protection Act passed.

But he was not about to gamble on the Clinton ban being renewed so "he" killed it. And everyone here with a new Colt rifles owes him a debt of gratitude for his actions that day. The NRA send him a male strip-o-gram every year in thanks.

BBossman
01-14-14, 18:04
When GWB stated he would sign a reauthorization is when I saw the writing on the wall. I began my stockpiling in 2004...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
01-14-14, 18:42
It's hard to realize that back then Colt ARs (that we are take for granted for the most part) were more expensive than banned imports. I was a kid in the 80's but talk with my dad about this often, he always wanted a Colt AR but settled for an HK back in the day due to cost. I think he made a wise choice . . .

SteyrAUG
01-14-14, 19:52
It's hard to realize that back then Colt ARs (that we are take for granted for the most part) were more expensive than banned imports. I was a kid in the 80's but talk with my dad about this often, he always wanted a Colt AR but settled for an HK back in the day due to cost. I think he made a wise choice . . .

I remember USGI mags being $75-100.

SeriousStudent
01-14-14, 20:08
I remember USGI mags being $75-100.

Indeed. I remember being offered $100 apiece for Glock 19 mags new in a wrapper. I'm not talking spring of 2013, I'm talking spring of 1995.

There's a reason you and I were not scrambling last year. We learned our bitter lessons a while back.

Moose-Knuckle
01-14-14, 20:16
Indeed. I remember being offered $100 apiece for Glock 19 mags new in a wrapper. I'm not talking spring of 2013, I'm talking spring of 1995.

There's a reason you and I were not scrambling last year. We learned our bitter lessons a while back.

I was 14 YOA in '94 . . . in '04 I dropped whole pay checks on USGI and GLOCK OEM mags. :dance3:

SteveS
01-14-14, 20:21
I read Shotgun news in the good old days and remember the buy ads. Shotgun news taught me how to buy cheap [er] and stack deep. I can't afford and won't pay the gun shop prices.