PDA

View Full Version : Serial number sequence for Glock

Animal_Mother556
01-15-14, 03:21
I am cleaning an old gen1 G17 for a coworker. His grandpa carried it as a cop. The serial number prefix dates to 1988, but the next part is "003 US". Are the glock serial number sequential? Was this the third Glock made that year? Doesn't really matter...we are just curious.

hunt_ak
01-15-14, 03:30
What was your method for determining the year? I've got an AAA Glock and would be curious...

Animal_Mother556
01-15-14, 03:42
You can do a google search for the date code. I found a link the a glock forum where someone had posted it.

Crow Hunter
01-15-14, 07:11
I am cleaning an old gen1 G17 for a coworker. His grandpa carried it as a cop. The serial number prefix dates to 1988, but the next part is "003 US". Are the glock serial number sequential? Was this the third Glock made that year? Doesn't really matter...we are just curious.

I would send an email to Glock and ask them.

I know I sold a G34 to a dealer up in Boston and I was pretty sure that I got it right when they first came out back in 1998 or so. He would only be allowed to sell it if it was older than a certain date. He checked with Glock to make sure that it was by the serial number. He confirmed it was one of the early ones.

They could probably tell you for sure.

ST911
01-15-14, 10:32
There are lists on the net that approximate month and year of manufacture. Many are pretty accurate. The Complete Glock Reference Guide from Ptooma Productions has a comprehensive list in the back that is accurate. See the book here: http://www.ptooma.com/products.asp?Prod=Book

The numbers roll sequentially and restart when a new alpha clicks over. ABC000-999, ABD000-999, ABE... etc. Unless a special series, they don't really correspond to anything but the next gun in line.

Talon167
01-15-14, 10:53
I've always wanted to get one that had my initials or bday on it. I thought that would be cool but I've never seen one out and about.

Kain
01-15-14, 11:27
I've always wanted to get one that had my initials or bday on it. I thought that would be cool but I've never seen one out and about.

Would be neat. I had in my hands a Glock with the letter prefix of FUK. I almost bought it because of that, but just didn't need another Glock 17.