PDA

View Full Version : Wendy Davis raised more than $12 million for TX Governor Race

platoonDaddy
01-15-14, 05:50
dang, what is happening in Texas, Kalifornia liberals taking over? Does she have a chance?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/15/democrat-wendy-davis-reports-raising-125m-in-texas-gubernatorial-race/?intcmp=latestnews

Fort Worth Democrat Wendy Davis raised more than $12 million over the past six months in her bid to become Texas governor, and Republican Greg Abbott collected $11.5 million over three months, the campaigns reported Tuesday.

philcam
01-15-14, 06:56
Money pouring in from outside Texas is whats happening.

Her fundraising in Texas has been poor, but she recently took a trip to D.C. and was given several large donations.

Bolt_Overide
01-15-14, 07:04
I think it should be illegal for money to be donated by an entity outside of the state where the election is happening.

ccoker
01-15-14, 07:11
She can kiss my conservative ass!

We have tons of people moving here for from California for better opportunities and lower taxes and then want to turn it into the place they just left!

Argggg!!

philcam
01-15-14, 07:11
I think it should be illegal for money to be donated by an entity outside of the state where the election is happening.

Yes, I agree.

Much like Bloomberg did in Colorado.

Davis will take Travis County (Austin) Dallas County (Dallas) Harris County (Houston) the Rio Grande Valley (lower border area) and probably Bexar County (San Antonio).

I don't think she will even take her home county, Tarrant. The rest of the state is still pretty solid red.

Most agree she doesn't have a chance in hell of winning, but I think it's the lefts strategy. Make the Republicans spend money in their strong states instead of that money going to national campaigns or swing state local elections.

austinN4
01-15-14, 11:13
Davis will take Travis County (Austin) Dallas County (Dallas) Harris County (Houston) the Rio Grande Valley (lower border area) and probably Bexar County (San Antonio).
You forgot far west texas: 2012 election map: http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/TX

Unfortunately the areas you named are the fastest growing areas of the state. Davis may not win in 2014, but the blue counties' demographic mix have higher birth rates than do the red counties. It's gonna happen, sooner or later. I see it happening 2020-2030 timeframe. Perhaps faster, depending on the growth in the big blue metro areas.

philcam
01-15-14, 11:46
You forgot far west texas: 2012 election map: http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/TX

Unfortunately the areas you named are the fastest growing areas of the state. Davis may not win in 2014, but the blue counties' demographic mix have higher birth rates than do the red counties. It's gonna happen, sooner or later. I see it happening 2020-2030 timeframe. Perhaps faster, depending on the growth in the big blue metro areas.

I agree. Unless the right can come up with young, well spoken, exciting candidates Texas is done.

Let not forget all the industry Texas is bringing into the state. With it comes libs from NY, Cali etc.

Hell, CA is having such a mass exodus now it might be turning red! Hahaha!

ccoker
01-15-14, 15:14
I challenge the libtards with coming up with one thing she has done other than her PR stunt.

We call her "Abortion Barbie"

DIS-LLC
01-15-14, 19:48
I live in Austin and put up with the brunt of the migrants from the Democratic People's Republic of Californistan.

Getting an itchy finger...

austinN4
01-15-14, 20:00
Wendy Davis draws contributions from Barbra Streisand, Martina Navratilova
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/wendy-davis-draws-contributions-from-barbra-streis/ncp2n/

Heavy Metal
01-15-14, 21:16
Yes, I agree.

Much like Bloomberg did in Colorado.

I don't think she will even take her home county, Tarrant. The rest of the state is still pretty solid red.

Most agree she doesn't have a chance in hell of winning, but I think it's the lefts strategy. Make the Republicans spend money in their strong states instead of that money going to national campaigns or swing state local elections.

More like the opposite. The money they are pouring down a rat-hole on her futile run is money that won't go to Democrats in trouble in other states that might stand a chance of keeping their seats otherwise. Her campaign is about symbolism and the Libs go full-retard over Abortion.

DIS-LLC
01-15-14, 21:18
Republic of Texas when?

philcam
01-15-14, 21:23
More like the opposite. The money they are pouring down a rat-hole on her futile run is money that won't go to Democrats in trouble in other states that might stand a chance of keeping their seats otherwise. Her campaign is about symbolism and the Libs go full-retard over Abortion.

I LIKE IT!!!

Great positive way to look at it!

I think both sides go ape shit over abortion.

SeriousStudent
01-15-14, 21:56
I would encourage folks to look at exactly how much money Abbott started with, compared to Davis.

Davis will not win.

Renegade
01-15-14, 22:05

Yep. I wish Dems all over the US sent her all the money they have. She can raise $500B and it will not help.

I cannot believe so many Dems are backing a candidate that really has no chance of winning. Her single "accomplishment" is a filibuster that failed to stop the law from being passed. Many better qualified Dems especially in the first open election in 20 years. What a stupid mistake.

harm
01-15-14, 22:06
Sorry Texas - for the last 15 years freaking Californians have been moving to Arizona. In the last 18 months we've started to see that dwindle. After we've had to put up with it - good luck to you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

brickboy240
01-20-14, 11:45
Relax..this moron is not going to win.

Expect big media to tell us all how close she is coming to winning or how much money she has or whatever. That is their M. O.

Did you know this woman's law school bills were being paid by her second husband? She divorced him the day after the last school payment was made!

She is a creep and a liar and the more that comes out about her...the less she will appeal.

Did you also know that she originally ran for Ft. Worth City Council as a Republican? She also sued them after she lost the election.

She is a total worthless POS and she will NOT get the governor's office in Texas.

-brickboy240

ccoker
01-20-14, 14:02
I live in Austin too..
We are not all stupid

Not to mention she just got busted for lying saying "she was a single mom at 19"

she was really 21

platoonDaddy
01-21-14, 06:01
I live in Austin too..
We are not all stupid

Not to mention she just got busted for lying saying "she was a single mom at 19"

she was really 21

Now this:

“be immediately restrained from . . . using illegal drugs or consuming alcohol within 24 hours before or during the period of possession of or access to the child.”

So not only is Wendy Davis a liar, but she’s also a drug addict? Yep, typical progressive. Wendy Davis has two kids. A daughter named Amber, and a son named Dru.

Speaking of the child, at the time her twelve year old daughter requested her father serve as her managing conservator.

It appears that Wendy Davis did not just leave out key details. Nor does it appear that Davis is just being held to a different standard than a man. It appears there is much more to Wendy Davis than meets the eye.

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/01/20/wendy-davis-ex-husband-jeffry-requsted-court-order-use-drugs-seeing-kids/#more-54422

And: http://www.redstate.com/2014/01/20/more-than-one-conflict-between-wendy-daviss-sworn-testimony-and-her-actual-life/

brickboy240
01-22-14, 11:31
Another little known fact about Wendy Davis.

The judge in her divorce proceedings from her second hubby gave custody of her 2 children to her soon to be ex.

In Texas...the mother almost always gets custody unless she is a crack whore or a total psycho.

One of the two kids was not from hubby number two! Thats right...a step parent was awarded custody to a kid that was not even his? How bad of a mother do you have to be for the judge to award custody to a step parent?

This woman is a total disaster and a creep. More will come out about her as time goes on and nobody will like this woman in the end unless you are a total leftist ideologue.

-brickboy240

grnamin
03-17-14, 21:24
I don't care how optimistic we are that Abortion Barbie will lose. Let's all show up at the polls come November and ensure Abbot's win! I know I'll be and I'll vote once.

Leaveammoforme
03-17-14, 21:50
In Texas...the mother almost always gets custody unless she is a crack whore or a total psycho.

-brickboy240

What he mean't to say was 99.99% of the time women get custody over kids in Texas. They can be unemployed, addicted to any mix of drugs & have nothing to offer. I do not know this from experience only from living here most my life. The fact that she didn't get custody in Texas should be a major red flag to anybody in this state regardless of political stances.

thopkins22
03-17-14, 21:50
My ex received a phone call last fall from David Plouffe begging her to take over Wendy's campaign. She denied him which essentially means she's done in Democratic politics...at least for a while. It worked out well for her as she's making much more money outside of politics and isn't looking back. Wendy's campaign is unbelievably poorly run, she never stood a chance but the incompetent people they've hired have ensured defeat. She hired a bunch of people that were competent enough to get her elected to her current post, but were not even close to being talented enough to run a statewide campaign.

While I hope Wendy doesn't win, I sincerely hope she's competitive enough to scare Republicans enough to get them off of their ridiculous abortion banter. This crap is killing the party, stupid, and needs to stop. It's over...this debate has been decided by the American people. Abortion is here to stay. Gay marriage is coming. Both are positive things. Let's not kill other positive things like free markets and liberties by pushing more people towards the Democrat party or pushing them to simply not vote.

"Abortion Barbie." Yeah...that kind of sums up the problem right there...only it's not really her problem. Drop the abortion and anti-gay marriage BS, and watch limited government politicians walk all over the competition. Alienate every single female vote who wasn't raised by televangelists and the rest of us without homophobia? The Republican party will fade into obscurity and for good reason. TX will in fact turn blue just like little Jeremy wants if you keep that crap up. At the very least go back to the Democrat party where your ideological need to control other people fits in. The tea party is a great example of what could actually be if it weren't for the abortion warriors and homophobes. When it first started during TARP and the bailouts, there wasn't a single social issue mentioned...it was a spontaneous STOP being said to the government. The social cons showed up and it became an obscure branch of the base that was already there as opposed to a real movement.

It pisses me off enough to the point that I'd almost vote for Wendy...hell she's practically a moderate Republican(especially given her penchant for lying.) Genuinely makes me want to give her $5(don't fret, I'll refrain.) That and the fact that Greg Abbot is smarmy and gross...simply Rick Perry warmed over. As it stands I won't vote for either...and I won't feel the least bit sad if that means Wendy wins. The governorship in TX is a supremely weak position, and if it helps get Republicans off of the social collectivism(under the guise of conservatism,) I'm all for it.

Leaveammoforme
03-17-14, 22:05
Abortion is here to stay. Gay marriage is coming. Both are positive things. .

Yeah. Let's give up on important stuff to keep our party strong. Keep murdering unborn babies as long as jobs are here & our 401k's are fat. Whether you're of a faith or not this temporary existence is nothing compared to eternity.

thopkins22
03-17-14, 22:27
Nevermind...doesn't end up anywhere good.

Suffice it to say that I think we're killing our state and our country by electing people who are ideologically identical to one another and differentiating them by branding one of them "baby murderer." We're losing votes, voters, and we're losing any kind of real choice.

Leaveammoforme
03-17-14, 23:11
Nevermind...doesn't end up anywhere good.

Suffice it to say that I think we're killing our state and our country by electing people who are ideologically identical to one another and differentiating them by branding one of them "baby murderer." We're losing votes, voters, and we're losing any kind of real choice.

I almost copied & pasted the email alert I just received so you could own your words. But, in the interest of not ruffling feathers I did not. I will never agree with you on this subject & will never attempt to persuade you to agree with me. This country has a disease. It is being eaten from the inside out. We as a people are making decisions that are not ours to make.

SeriousStudent
03-17-14, 23:30
Here's a thought: Let's discuss Wendy Davis, and not each other.

brickboy240
03-18-14, 10:14
Lets be honest...abortion usually prevents future criminals, govt dependents and Democrat voters. Are YOU going to take in and raise, clothe, feed and educate all of these "unwanted" kids? Hell no and neither am I. Let them have their abortions...God will punish them later for it.

Gay marriage? Again...who cares? Let them get married...it has ZERO affect on my own marriage....yours too. Again...God will judge them in the end for their lifestyles.

I am tired of losing elections because some Bible thumpers get their panties in a twist over homos and abortion.

-brickboy240

Khackee
03-18-14, 10:58
Dont you think it strange that the mainstream media pushes the concept of "the candidate that has the most cash is the frontrunner" to the uninformed masses? I have noticed this growing trend for the last 20 years or so.

And if the outside money comes from the libgnorants from Kalifornia & New Joik, great. Love to see them waste their money for campaign posters ending up being shipped off to a foreign recycling plant as a US export..

I think that the good people of Texas outside of the Austin area will see through the BS, and put Mr Abbott in the governors mansion.

woods
03-18-14, 12:08
EDIT: Some people are not good at reading moderator instructions about not discussing other people. Do this again and you'll get some time off. - SeriousStudent

brickboy240
03-18-14, 12:14
No it is not.

It is silly candidates that got caught in traps set by the left and media that got us where we are right now. The left knows that when they need to trip up a GOP candidate...they'll just whip out homos and abortion and trip them up. It works every time...that is why they do it.

It is not a "who cares' attitude...it is a "let people be free to make their own stupid decisions and live with them" attitude. It is called Libertarianism.

But hey..if you want to keep losing to the left because of homos and abortion...go right ahead. Personally...I am tired of it. Abortion and homos have next to zero affects on 99% of the people's everyday lives.

Are YOU going to take care of all these "unplanned" kids? Sorry..I don't have the space, time or money to do so.

If homos tie the knot...why should you care? How does this affect your life in any way? Do you even KNOW any gay people?

Again...you all are LOSING because of social issues that probably have ZERO affects on your lives....how silly is that?

-brickboy240

Bolt_Overide
03-18-14, 13:25
I was raised catholic, I believe in god, and I try to follow the bible.

That being said, none of that has SHIT to do with the government, or how the country is ran. There is a separation of church and state for a reason, and your religion needs to be kept the hell out of it. Your religious views on homosexuality are irrelevant to the legality of it, and as such are irrelevant as to whether gay marriage should be legal.

The same with abortion, the only question is, is it taking a life or not, if it is, it should be illegal, if it isnt....

platoonDaddy
03-18-14, 14:25
Back to Wendy: A new poll shows Wendy Davis within single digits of her Republican opponent—one more sign that Texas’s voters are no longer reliably red.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/18/wendy-davis-is-one-step-closer-to-turning-texas-purple.html

Another twist of the story: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2014/03/18/daily-beast-knee-slapper-wendy-davis-will-turn-texas-purple

brickboy240
03-18-14, 14:52
That is nothing more than the leftist media's wishful thinking.

They ran similar articles about Bill White years ago....watch out Texas!...Bill White is within XXX points of Rick Perry! Then the election came and Perry cleaned White's clock.alm

Calm down...this is not Maryland.

platoonDaddy
03-18-14, 15:37
That is nothing more than the leftist media's wishful thinking.

They ran similar articles about Bill White years ago....watch out Texas!...Bill White is within XXX points of Rick Perry! Then the election came and Perry cleaned White's clock.alm

Calm down...this is not Maryland.

LOL, great point. Yes the daily beast is left of left, on the other hand newsbusters on the other end.

On the other hand, Houston has a :confused: mayor.

brickboy240
03-18-14, 16:13
What does Houston's mayor have to do with anything?

You really know nothing about Texas...do you?

For decades in Texas, the inner city govts and city councils have mostly been run by leftists. Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio...all of them.

However, the outlying suburban areas of nearly all of those cities are solidly conservative. In fact, the largest TEA Party groups in America come from two of the Houston burbs.

I love how people that don't know our state and do not live here, pick up an article here and there and all of a sudden...they are experts on what is going down here, politically.

-brickboy240

The_War_Wagon
03-18-14, 16:23
dang, what is happening in Texas, Kalifornia liberals taking over? Does she have a chance?

I would say, dead babies cast no votes... but then again, those in Chicago can, so who knows?!?! :fie:

austinN4
03-18-14, 17:27
No it is not.

It is silly candidates that got caught in traps set by the left and media that got us where we are right now. The left knows that when they need to trip up a GOP candidate...they'll just whip out homos and abortion and trip them up. It works every time...that is why they do it.

It is not a "who cares' attitude...it is a "let people be free to make their own stupid decisions and live with them" attitude. It is called Libertarianism.

But hey..if you want to keep losing to the left because of homos and abortion...go right ahead. Personally...I am tired of it. Abortion and homos have next to zero affects on 99% of the people's everyday lives.

Are YOU going to take care of all these "unplanned" kids? Sorry..I don't have the space, time or money to do so.

If homos tie the knot...why should you care? How does this affect your life in any way? Do you even KNOW any gay people?

Again...you all are LOSING because of social issues that probably have ZERO affects on your lives....how silly is that?

-brickboy240
Pretty well sums it up for me also. We can't do anything unless we win. Winning comes first. United we stand, divided we fall, simple as that!

SeriousStudent
03-18-14, 21:13
The next person that ignores instructions about talking shit to each other gets this thread trashed, and goes away on a ban.

Stop it right now or I'll send you a going away present.

brickboy240
03-19-14, 09:57
For those that think the leftist media's stories about the "massive war chest" that Wendy Davis has supposedly amassed is going to sink Texas into a blue hell hole...you obviously are not aware of the Ted Cruz/David Dewhurst race for the US Senate.

David Dewhurst led Ted Cruz by double digits and had probably 4-5 times the campaign money that Ted Cruz had. In the end...Ted Cruz beat David Dewhurst by double digits. Dewhurst was a total GOP establishment insider with name recognition and backing from biggie GOP establishment types like Karl Rove. Cruz won because the people did NOT want another McCain/Romney styled GOp establishment type as our Senator.

So don't be fooled by stories about how much cash Davis has piled up. Lately here in Texas...that has not meant beans.

-brickboy240