PDA

View Full Version : More bad PR for the military?

Caduceus
01-15-14, 18:53
Frankly surprised this isn't up yet.

TMZ published 8 photos, of 41 received, allegedly showing Marines burning bodies in the '04 Fallujah fiasco.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/us/iraq-war-photos/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I'm sure the military will solve this conundrum and punish those, if needed, far faster than any of the crises currently on The Hill. :mad:

Armati
01-15-14, 20:03
Blah, blah, blah. Words, words, words.

At times like this I often ask "What would Attila the Hun do?"

Clearly, the staff at TMZ would have handled the Battle of Fallujah much better.

Eurodriver
01-15-14, 20:53
hmmmm

T2C
01-15-14, 21:03
If the pictures are authentic, this is not a good day for our brothers in arms.

A huge issue is the source of the pictures. If the pictures were taken by active duty military personnel, the Marines who will be the focus of the investigation have their fellow service members to thank.

J8127
01-15-14, 23:35
I would not be shocked if it was a hygiene thing, I would be far more shocked if it was just "lets go set bodies on fire" BS.b Soldiers were putting two in every body and leaving them for the dogs, it doesn't take long for some serious issues to arise out of that kind of environment on that kind of scale.

Dave_M
01-15-14, 23:48
Old bodies obviously. Bloating stage is already over. After the first few days they sent units to secured areas to do corpse collection/inventory (some of which were really f'n nasty from being in shit-water flooded streets). Given the condition of the bodies I'm not even sure those would be from Phantom Fury (maybe the results of one of the multiple feints/airstrikes that took place prior?). I'm no decomp expert though. Regardless, this certainly isn't something from the main push.

The M16A2+M203 points to a POG unit though, as we all had A4's and M4's by then.

Burning was likely for sanitation purposes--even if one has proper PPE (the Marines didn't) a rotting corpse ain't exactly something you want right next to you. Going through the pockets is 100% legit.

I guess Kim Kardashian hasn't gotten a new booty implant lately because apparently TMZ doesn't have shit to write about

Honu
01-15-14, 23:55
this is what I thought ! keep disease down

and yeah 10 years later ? OH wait Lone survivor might make our guys look good lets dirty the waters ! IMHO could be that ?

Old bodies obviously. Bloating stage is already over. After the first few days they sent units to secured areas to do corpse collection/inventory (some of which were really f'n nasty from being in shit-water flooded streets). Given the condition of the bodies I'm not even sure those would be from Phantom Fury (maybe the results of one of the multiple feints/airstrikes that took place prior?). I'm no decomp expert though. Regardless, this certainly isn't something from the main push.

The M16A2+M203 points to a POG unit though, as we all had A4's and M4's by then.

Burning was likely for sanitation purposes--even if one has proper PPE (the Marines didn't) a rotting corpse ain't exactly something you want right next to you. Going through the pockets is 100% legit.

I guess Kim Kardashian hasn't gotten a new booty implant lately because apparently TMZ doesn't have shit to write about

CodeRed30
01-15-14, 23:57

Mauser KAR98K
01-16-14, 01:26
10 years later about a major fight in a city that our Marines took with blood...that is now back in the hands of the enemy.

Liberals...nothing better to do.

SilverBullet432
01-16-14, 01:37

No shit, I hate those types of websites..

Caduceus
01-16-14, 04:27

Thats why I linked CNN. Slightly more reputable.

And I agree, the bodies do look well past dead. Hygeine was the first thing I thought too, and I probably would have told my guys to do the same if we were having problems associated with them. Anyone know what Islam says about that? All I know is bury em fast.

J-Dub
01-16-14, 07:31

Amazing response. What difference does it make??? Burn some bodies, sell an ambassador down the river to be killed drug through the streets.....what difference does it make???

glocktogo
01-16-14, 08:50
Amazing response. What difference does it make??? Burn some bodies, sell an ambassador down the river to be killed drug through the streets.....what difference does it make???

Perhaps your sarcasm meter needs recalibration? Either that or I misread the tone of your post. Haven't made it to the 2nd cup of coffee yet.

J-Dub
01-16-14, 09:09
Perhaps your sarcasm meter needs recalibration? Either that or I misread the tone of your post. Haven't made it to the 2nd cup of coffee yet.

Hmmmm....don't really know what your angle is, maybe its due to your lack of coffee...but. What I'm getting at is, if Clinton could get away with what went down at Benghazi, burning a few dead bodies in a war zone probably isn't that big of a deal. I mean in the words of mr. Clinton "what difference does it make now?"

Dave_M
01-16-14, 09:22

Did you really just compare what is likely just a corpse detail to the murder of Ambassador Stevens?

J-Dub
01-16-14, 09:31
Did you really just compare what is likely just a corpse detail to the murder of Ambassador Stevens?

Holy shit, really?? Ya because if our government can turn a blind eye to what happened in Benghazi, who gives a **** about burning some dead bodies. Do I need to dumb it down even further, or do you comprende now?

How about this approach..... If people get upset about this, they are beyond retarded since nobody cared about what went down in Benghazi, and even if they DID they damn sure don't now. Is that clear enough? Or again, should I drop it down a notch????

How about......Benghazi = treason, immoral, despicable. Burning dead bodies in a war zone = not even close to what happened in Benghazi, which was swept under the rug and went away as quickly as possible.

Does that work for you? Or is even more clarity needed to explain my sarcastic initial response that was already explained when you responded?

Dave_M
01-16-14, 09:42
Holy shit, really?? Ya because if our government can turn a blind eye to what happened in Benghazi, who gives a **** about burning some dead bodies. Do I need to dumb it down even further, or do you comprende now?

How about this approach..... If people get upset about this, they are beyond retarded since nobody cared about what went down in Benghazi, and even if they DID they damn sure don't now. Is that clear enough? Or again, should I drop it down a notch????

How about......Benghazi = treason, immoral, despicable. Burning dead bodies in a war zone = not even close to what happened in Benghazi, which was swept under the rug and went away as quickly as possible.

Does that work for you? Or is even more clarity needed to explain my sarcastic initial response that was already explained when you responded?

Calm down there pacha. If I wasn't the only one confused by your statement then probably the messenger wasn't as concise as he'd like to be.

CodeRed30
01-16-14, 11:52

This is what I was getting at.

glocktogo
01-16-14, 16:26
Hmmmm....don't really know what your angle is, maybe its due to your lack of coffee...but. What I'm getting at is, if Clinton could get away with what went down at Benghazi, burning a few dead bodies in a war zone probably isn't that big of a deal. I mean in the words of mr. Clinton "what difference does it make now?"

Ahhh! It was MY sarcasm meter that was off! LOL

Outlander Systems
01-16-14, 16:55
Booo hoo. War is ugly.

This is a non-issue.

jpmuscle
01-16-14, 17:19
10 years later about a major fight in a city that our Marines took with blood...that is now back in the hands of the enemy.

Liberals...nothing better to do.

I hate those types of people.. Liberals that is..

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk