PDA

View Full Version : CA law and 922r ?'s

TWR
05-15-08, 20:49
I need to know if I can sell a Benelli M1 pistol grip stock to a guy in California and if 922r (?) applies to changing out this stock here or there. I have looked at DOJ guide and it seems ok but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Ed L.
05-15-08, 23:24
This is just my interpretation, so take it for what it is worth (I do not live in CA).

From my understanding in Cali for semiauto shotguns you can have a mag that holds more than 5 rounds OR a pistol grip but not both.

TWR
05-16-08, 10:19
I spoke with an ATF agent today and 922(r) does say other parts must be changed out with US made parts to comply because it is an import.

What I don't understand is how my M2 Tactical is any different, any ideas?

Iraqgunz
05-16-08, 10:55
Quick question. If parts need to be changed because of 922(r) wouldn't that mean that the weapons is also illegal in OK? The weapon isn't being "imported" into California. Also, there is a 10 day wait on all firearms so the deal has to go through a California FFL. I also read the DOJ guidelines to mean that a pistol grip is fine with a semi-auto as long as the mag capacity doesn't exceed 5 rounds.

Buck
05-16-08, 11:39
I need to know if I can sell a Benelli M1 pistol grip stock to a guy in California

The stock in and of itself is 100% legal...

and if 922r (?) applies to changing out this stock here or there. I have looked at DOJ guide and it seems ok but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

922 (r) applies everywhere the stars and stripes flies... It is a Federal rule...

B

TWR
05-16-08, 12:10
Quick question. If parts need to be changed because of 922(r) wouldn't that mean that the weapons is also illegal in OK? The weapon isn't being "imported" into California. Also, there is a 10 day wait on all firearms so the deal has to go through a California FFL. I also read the DOJ guidelines to mean that a pistol grip is fine with a semi-auto as long as the mag capacity doesn't exceed 5 rounds.

Yes 922(r) applies here as well. I'm only selling the stock, not a complete gun and the ATF agent I spoke with said it's just a piece of plastic to them until someone adds it to a gun. Otherwise I'm okay to sell it but I gave the buyer the option of his money back given the new info.

Thanks.