PDA

View Full Version : HK P7M8

smith m4
09-11-06, 13:26
New in the box HK P7M8 what is it worth?

I know where one is and they want $1600 for it. I have always wanted one but I do not know if I want to pay that much for it. I do know HK list them on their website as "Limited Availability No Longer in Production" Sholud I buy now or will I regret not buying later?

TIA
Smith

bigbore
09-11-06, 13:35
Its worht whatever someone is willing to pay. I usually see them new for around $1200.00

Nitrox
09-11-06, 15:39
Too Expensive.

AR-15A3
09-11-06, 16:21
That price is too high.

I usually see those NIB for $1,200 to $1,500, you should shop around and find a good deal.

I had it at one time brand new back in '90 and I sold it in excellent condition in 2001.

It was my most accurate 9mm pistol, I also have Sig P226, Beretta 92FS and Glock 19.

The only thing I didn't like about it is the heavy weight of the steel frame compared to my other aluminum and polymer framed pistols.

If you really like it shop around and get it now, the price will always go up and they might discontinue it later on.

SuicideHz
09-15-06, 10:05
I wish I could have bought one when I was 16. One of the local shops had several M8s and M13s. I thought the brand new P7M13 in SS was HIGH at $845!

Wayne Dobbs
09-15-06, 12:01
Guess you need to decide whether you really, really want it and are going to hang onto it for a while. I heard somebody say about buying guns ("good old days" made Smith and Wessons in that case) that, "you didn't pay too much, you just bought it too soon..."

nyeti
09-17-06, 00:45
Having owned numerous P7's over the years, I would highly recomend finding an older P7 (PSP). Essentially, the model before the M8 and M13 came out. You can find them cheaper than the M series guns, and many German police trade ins are floating around for half the price of the M series guns. They are very flat guns, have no protruding levers at all, are totally ambidextrous, use a euro mag release (which is actually worthwhile on a deep concealment gun). I only recently got a holster for mine. It has been carried for so many years as a "shove gun" (you know, the gun you just shove into your pants, or a pocket with no holster). I use mine like most folks carry a Chief's special. In that role, it is night and day better than a 2". My P7 is actually the only gun I own that I will just shove in my pants without a holster due to how it operates.

The M series guns are good full house duty guns for holster carry, but I think there is better stuff out there in that role, and certainly at the price point the P7 M series guns are at. They are super cool guns, but you have to dedicate some time and effort to the system.

Ross
09-17-06, 05:06
I have a P7M8, and I'd say if you intend to shoot it, then you're better off buying one that's slightly used. You can find them for around $1000 easy enough that will only have a couple boxes or a couple hundred rounds through them at most, with no real finish wear and the box and all the crap.

The last NIB P7's I saw for sale were $1400 a while back, so $1600 may be the going price in HK collectorland. Unless you're going to keep it in it's unfired state, there's no point in paying the premium for the unfired condition, IMO. There are so many good P7's out there for less that are used that I think that's the better route. It's not like a P7 is going to have any "wear" from a couple hundred rounds.

There's a huge HK collector market, and they'll pay the bucks for unfired guns. But if you're going to shoot even one round out of it, then a LNIB one for six-hundred dollars less seems like a better deal.

Lumpy196
09-27-06, 11:17
I love the way the P7M8 handles and shoots, but its manual of arms is far to different for anything I use for me to purchase one.

STLRN
09-30-06, 11:47
The P7M8 is a great weapon, but training with it can be painful unless you take your time. The frame heats up something fierce when shooting, if I didn't stretch out 50 rounds to almost as many minutes it was too hot to hold.