PDA

View Full Version : Retailers that offer a parts menu for lowers?

drh2687
01-19-14, 04:07
I'm looking to put together a lower for a recce project I'll be starting soon, so I'm planning on swapping out trigger, grip, and (if necessary) stock/RE. I could do this all myself after the fact, but frankly I don't need anymore spare take-off parts in my box of goodies. I'd rather just get what I want and not have extra left over.

Do ya'll know of anybody that sells lowers where the customer can select the parts to go on it like Grant does here??: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

I would love to go for G&R, but I'm looking for a MOD3 grip and LMT tube which he doesn't seem to offer as options.

Thanks!

--Dave

El Cid
01-19-14, 06:48
Closest I can recall to what you want is Brownells.

GH41
01-19-14, 07:11
Have you thought about asking Grant to sell you what you want and delete what you don't want?? When you say "LMT tube" do you mean buffer tube? Why would you prefer LMT over BCM? Maybe I am missing something. GH

Tx_Aggie
01-19-14, 07:32
You might check with Designated Hitter (Kino) in the vendor's section. I think he offers a service where he will build a stripped lower with your choice of parts, so he might be able to help you out.

drarmament
01-19-14, 08:39
If all else fail, buy a strip lower and order the parts

drh2687
01-19-14, 09:12
Yep, if no one offers a brilliant idea in this thread, I will do exactly that (talk to Grant about doing something special for me).

I did indeed mean "buffer tube." Not missing anything - BCM makes excellent stuff. But I'm afraid I have gotten a bit spoiled with the dry-lube coating or whatever they call it that is on my other LMT. It is completely irrelevant to the shootability of the rifle, but it is really sweet. :D

Obscenejesster
01-19-14, 09:25
Yep, if no one offers a brilliant idea in this thread, I will do exactly that (talk to Grant about doing something special for me).

I did indeed mean "buffer tube." Not missing anything - BCM makes excellent stuff. But I'm afraid I have gotten a bit spoiled with the dry-lube coating or whatever they call it that is on my other LMT. It is completely irrelevant to the shootability of the rifle, but it is really sweet. :D

I think most buffer tubes from reputable manufacturers have a dry film lube coating the inside of the tube.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Switch
01-19-14, 09:33
Red Barn Armory has some options but I guess you could leave out the grip and buffer tube and order them from somewhere else. I've never dealt with them and I don't know what brands they use for their LPK's.

http://www.redbarnarmory.com/RBA-Build-your-own-LPK-p/rbalpkcustom.htm

Iraqgunz
01-19-14, 20:43
If you don't know the quality of parts, etc.. then please don't recommend them. There are too many good options on the market.

Red Barn Armory has some options but I guess you could leave out the grip and buffer tube and order them from somewhere else. I've never dealt with them and I don't know what brands they use for their LPK's.

http://www.redbarnarmory.com/RBA-Build-your-own-LPK-p/rbalpkcustom.htm

quaesitor logica
01-19-14, 22:53
http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/cool-guy-lpk-kit.html

Dealt with them. Fast delivery, quality merchandise and decent prices

naloxone
01-19-14, 23:39
They don't have anything online, but if you call Stag with a list of parts, they will take an order over the phone for what you need.

rero360
01-20-14, 00:20
I've ordered individual parts thru Brownells and RRA for my two builds.

Iraqgunz
01-20-14, 02:37
He's not looking for parts. He wants a good lower with specific parts.

I've ordered individual parts thru Brownells and RRA for my two builds.

drh2687
01-20-14, 12:15
Thanks for all the input guys, but as usual Iraqgunz is on the money. Sounds like I will hit some folks up and see what they can do and failing that just bite the bullet and wind up with some more extra parts.

--Dave