PDA

View Full Version : IWB Suggestions for 9c

Chessbay
05-16-08, 14:58
I'm looking for some suggestions on what IWB to purchase for my M&P 9C.

Here is my concern.

I typically don't buy my pants large enough to conceal a weapon comfortably on my hip, which I think most IWB's are set up for.

I'd like to carry it in the small of my back or in the back of my pants, semi-mexican style.

Do any of you all do this?

My other concern is this. I'm left handed, so if I buy a left handed holster and slide it away from my side and to my back the butt of the pistol will be better possitioned for a right hand draw. So, is my best bet to buy a right handed holster if this is how I intend to carry it?

What have you found that works best?

Thanks

NoBody
05-16-08, 15:07
Honestly, you need to either go up one pant size or don't do IWB. OWB can be effective as well and allows you to wear your normal pant/belt size. However, if you're going to carry a concealed weapon then you have to dress to carry.

b_saan
05-16-08, 15:48
My thought on drawing a CW from an opposite hand IWB positioned on your back is that you are covering your side/thigh as you draw the weapon and potentially creating a shoot yourself situation in the heat of the moment. I carry my G27 in a right-hand Sidearmor and it's comfortable riding in between my spine and my right hip bone. I also have never had to up a pant/short waist size to carry it there, but I do loosen my belt 1 notch I guess.

Alpha Sierra
05-16-08, 22:38
Honestly, you need to either go up one pant size or don't do IWB. OWB can be effective as well and allows you to wear your normal pant/belt size. However, if you're going to carry a concealed weapon then you have to dress to carry.

+1

There are no shortcuts to this.

ToddG
05-17-08, 11:47
I've never had to buy different sized pants, just tighten my belt by an extra notch when carrying. To each his own, though. FWIW, I do always have my pistol when I'm trying on new clothes, so my slacks & jeans are always bought with CCW in mind.

I'd echo the comments about your "reverse" IWB plan. SOB is just not a smart way to go. It prints if you bent over even a little bit and it's dangerous if you fall on your back. Get a normal IWB holster and learn to draw from it proficiently.

HoBoBum
05-18-08, 14:47
I carry large pistols IWB in front at about 2:00 O'Clock, or whatever you want to call it - grip rides right above the watch pocket - invisible to the public, comfortable (as comfortable as an IWB can be) and has worked wel with 1911's , 92's, S&W 27's and any SIG , no problem , and no increase in pant size......worked for 40 years so far

Furious
05-19-08, 20:28
A Milt Sparks IWB just to the right of my buckle works great for me and I'm not a very big guy at all.

bohica
05-20-08, 18:52
i use the Desantis "cozy partner" for my 9c

http://www.desantisholster.com/028.html