PDA

View Full Version : For you Colt guys

Veracity
05-16-08, 15:04
Guys,
In terms of the guts of the lower, is there any difference between Colt lowers labeled HBAR, Match Target, etc.?

If so, are these differences significant?
Sear block?

Bradd_D
05-16-08, 15:41
All current production, non-military Colt lowers employ a sear block and large hammer/trigger pins regardless of model. The quality of the internal parts will be the same with the exception that you might run across a plastic buffer in some lowers. With older lowers you will run across large or screw-type pivot pins.

halfmoonclip
05-17-08, 23:52
Older Colts had a pinned-in searblock that also fouled a full circle carrier.
Current production uses a machined in block that is a non-problem on a semi gun.
Moon

Razorhunter
05-18-08, 14:50
I'm not totally sure, but I THINK that SOME of the Match lowers have the Colt Low Mass Hammer and blue spring. This is considered an upgrade that many of us do to our 6920's. It actually helps trigger pull.

Bradd_D
05-18-08, 14:53
I'm not totally sure, but I THINK that SOME of the Match lowers have the Colt Low Mass Hammer and blue spring. This is considered an upgrade that many of us do to our 6920's. It actually helps trigger pull.

I believe that is only in the Colt 6724 Accurized Rifle.

halfmoonclip
05-18-08, 16:10
Had a Colt match trigger; couldn't see any improvement over the standard, and the light hammer/spring made me uneasy about ignition, so I took it out.
Moon

mike240
05-18-08, 20:27
There is some improvement in the FCG from the 6724. And being that it is Colt factory parts and drop in, it is the only trigger mod/change that my agency allows, so I have used it for over 10 years now with no issue.