PDA

View Full Version : source for "ammo case net"?????????

jmoore
01-21-14, 16:09
Was talking to some folks at the range this weekend, and they mentioned a rather interesting device that I've been trying to track down - unsuccessfully.
Basically, it is a “net” of sorts that you stake down to the ground at your shooting location. Sounds like it was 20 x 30 yards!!!!! It has openings to allow any rain to pass through, but not spent casings. When you are finished with your shooting session, you unstake it, pull all of the corners to the center, and dump all of the empty cases into your case bucket. They said that it worked great, and it greatly diminished the time necessary to “police your brass” – which is mandatory at my range.
Anyone know of a website or contact info for such a net/tarp????
TIA - john

Ryno12
01-21-14, 16:26
In case you don't find what you're looking for, I've used a small tarp in the same fashion that you speak of with the net.

Sent via Tapatalk

T2C
01-21-14, 16:29
In case you don't find what you're looking for, I've used a small tarp in the same fashion that you speak of with the net.

Sent via Tapatalk

This works well. A rubber mat placed in the middle of the tarp to stand on keeps you from slipping and busting your butt.

markm
01-22-14, 09:52
Pappabear has this mesh tarp thing that would be perfect. He grabbed it in Hawaii for an unrelated use.

Googlize "Black Mesh Tarp" and hang onto your rear. There's a ton of options.

bfoosh006
02-04-14, 15:44
Deleted

TXBK
02-04-14, 16:52
You could use a mesh-type tarp, such as the ones found here: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amesh%20tarps.

Or you could use any cheap tarp or bed sheet to keep from having to pick brass up out of the grass, dirt, or rocks.

ace4059
02-05-14, 13:12
The cheap "sun" tarps from harbor freight work well. They come in large sizes and are reasonably priced.