PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Defence info?

Abdon
09-11-06, 17:12
Besides their website, does anyone know where I can find some reviews about Sabre Defence products?

They have'nt been in business that long (as AR manufacturers), but they seem to put together a pretty decent rifle; Forged aluminum CNC cut receivers, vanadium alloy chrome lined barrels, etc.....

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or knows of any place they may have been reviewed (magazine? website?)

Thanks!!!

Abdon

VA_Dinger
09-11-06, 20:18
Based on nothing more than handling M4arc's Sabre mid-length I will have to say I'm impressed with Sabre.

His looks damn perfect.

M4arc
09-11-06, 21:01
I have one of their mid-length barrels and so far I like it. It seems to be well made and shoots better than I do. I'd definitely buy another but I can't speak for the rest of their components or their complete rifles because I don't have any experience with anything other than their barrels.

Boom
09-11-06, 22:25
I have a 16" SS 1/8 carbine barrel it's run very well. It can outshoot my ability. So far been very happy with mine.

It has a match chamber, but I have not had any problems running milisurp ammo thru it. So far nice tight groups all day long. Very happy with it.

Jay Cunningham
09-12-06, 00:03
I have two M4 pattern carbines with LE6920 uppers on Sabre lowers. I have had great results so far.

Bloodbathdisplay
09-12-06, 19:19
I have a Sabre 16" Mid SS Fluted 1/8 barrel(S.A.O. Massad Ayoob) that I just used for my first build and I like it so far. I did a little looking around and reading (on ar15 related sites) before I purchased it and everything I read about Sabre (not just their barrels) seemed to get good-great reviews...which is why I now own one of their barrels.

toemag
09-17-06, 07:07
Okay here goes, just arrived here and I found a thread that I can add to with in depth knowledge as an XR-15 owner.

I bought my XR-15 over the web, and was really happy as it was cheaper than most of the other offer's out there (€1,350).

It got here in no time and I couldnt wait to get on the range with it.

On my first range visit, I was so pi$$ed off, the bolt carrier key screw's came loose during shooting:mad: and I couldnt hit a barn door with it.

So I did the repair work, following all the thread's at ARFCOM (thank's), and had another go, this time no mechanical failure's at all. the only problem was I still couldnt hit the side of a barn with it.

One of my mate's Andreas who is a gunsmith who had just finished his contract working for the US Army Europe repairing their weapon's had a look at it, his word's were deadline barrel loose, and the front post pin's were loose.

I sent the weapon to the importer for Germany to have it repaired or replaced.

Two week's later I got it back per UPS and it is now the best bit of kit that I have ever had the honor to shoot and own, even bought a eotech # 512.

Tony

MudBug
09-17-06, 11:26
toemag,

Sabre has reported that they had a few problem barrels go out with their first batch. It could very well be that you got one of those.

Cyclic240B
09-17-06, 13:35
I have one of their mid-length barrels and so far I like it. It seems to be well made and shoots better than I do. I'd definitely buy another but I can't speak for the rest of their components or their complete rifles because I don't have any experience with anything other than their barrels.

+1 on all accounts.

Hawkeye
09-17-06, 20:02
I have one complete Sabre upper, and a couple more on the way soon. Absolutely love mine.

toemag
09-18-06, 04:01
toemag,

Sabre has reported that they had a few problem barrels go out with their first batch. It could very well be that you got one of those.

That's probably true and just my luck, since they sorted it out I get great result's. It's just a shame that I cant figure out how to post pic's on this forum.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=5&t=238980&page=3

I just hope that the link work's to where I have posted a pic of my result's while I was zeroing in my new EOTech 512.

Tony

Nitrox
09-18-06, 11:40
As far as I know the Sabre rifles being exported to Europe are manufactured in England.

Yojimbo
09-18-06, 12:32
I have a Sabre 16", 1/7, mid-length barrel in one of my carbines and it has been fantastic.

I was also impressed with Sabre's customer support. Their production manager, Grant Morgan, personally called me to answer some questions I had while the barrels were being manufactured.

GaryXD
09-18-06, 21:57
"I have a Sabre 16", 1/7, mid-length barrel in one of my carbines and it has been fantastic"

same here