PDA

View Full Version : Windham Weaponry .308 SRC Revealed

mildot
01-23-14, 12:13
I know that this is very new, however I'm just curious if anyone has some insight into this rifle. Windham build a decent rifle and they are "priced right" IMO. Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/HRxS4zx.jpg

jon308
01-23-14, 14:26
No but I to would be interested as I have a Windham Bushmaster and it is flawless has never In about 7 years given me a bit of trouble shoots anything and is accurate. A far cry from bushmaster today. If you find anything post it

Tzintzuntzan
01-23-14, 23:07
No but I to would be interested as I have a Windham Bushmaster and it is flawless has never In about 7 years given me a bit of trouble shoots anything and is accurate. A far cry from bushmaster today. If you find anything post it

What's the firing schedule for your rifle?

jon308
01-24-14, 19:41
What's the firing schedule for your rifle?

From about 6:30 am to 10:00pm unless you wake me up (sorry couldn't resist) Are you asking how many rounds it has through it or what. No I don't put 3000 rnds a week end through it but it probably has between 4500 to 6000 through it sometimes 300 or more in a weekend sometimes as few as 60 at a time. Back when ammo was cheap it got shot a lot we would have party's a bunch of us would get together and shoot everybodys gun went through a lot of rounds we just cleaned and oil end of day , The next day same thing the partys lasted 3 days and we went through the ammo I would buy 500 rnd cases of wolf ammo at least 2-3 and so would everybody else we shot Bushmasters, Dpms, Ruger mini 14's, But this only happened once a year and a couple of times it was canceled. But in all honesty it has always done its job. Ive never drug it through the mud rolled it in sand or left it in the horse tank over night.

Tzintzuntzan
01-25-14, 02:55
From about 6:30 am to 10:00pm unless you wake me up (sorry couldn't resist) Are you asking how many rounds it has through it or what. No I don't put 3000 rnds a week end through it but it probably has between 4500 to 6000 through it sometimes 300 or more in a weekend sometimes as few as 60 at a time. Back when ammo was cheap it got shot a lot we would have party's a bunch of us would get together and shoot everybodys gun went through a lot of rounds we just cleaned and oil end of day , The next day same thing the partys lasted 3 days and we went through the ammo I would buy 500 rnd cases of wolf ammo at least 2-3 and so would everybody else we shot Bushmasters, Dpms, Ruger mini 14's, But this only happened once a year and a couple of times it was canceled. But in all honesty it has always done its job. Ive never drug it through the mud rolled it in sand or left it in the horse tank over night.

I'd hope you never left it there :p I was just wondering if there was a day you'd gotten a chance to really wring it out. Sorry if I was sounding like a "you've never shot it that's why it works" kinda guy. I wouldn't get a 5.56 Windham personally but if they make M&P grade 308s then I'd hold nothing against them.

mildot
01-25-14, 07:56
So looking at the pics, could one "switch out" the hand guards for a railed version or a Magpul set? and can the rest of the typical AR controls be changed out as well? mag release, & safety selector, charging handle etc? Thanks

alienb1212
01-28-14, 20:05
Picked up one in a local shop today. Very light, almost as light as a regular M4 clone. Did not like the Hogue style overmould grip, felt kind of slimy and dirty. Very thin barrels for a .308..

eodinert
01-29-14, 02:33
They really are excited about railed gas blocks.

TheBelly
02-03-14, 07:49
Picked up one in a local shop today. Very light, almost as light as a regular M4 clone. Did not like the Hogue style overmould grip, felt kind of slimy and dirty. Very thin barrels for a .308..

Ever seen a LaRue PredatAR barrel? Specifically the .308 barrels? They are pretty skinny little buggers, but they can keep up.

longball
10-01-14, 11:29
Does anyone have an update on these rifles? More specifically regarding their accuracy potential. I'm in the market for a hog gun (that's all it would be used for) and have the opportunity to buy one at a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G.B.
10-01-14, 14:54
They do take their own style handguard. Midwest has a new one out that is specifically made for the windham 308.