PDA

View Full Version : anyone use this lpk?

stx.dead.I
01-23-14, 14:11
http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/ar-15-m-16-parts/lower-receivers-parts/lower-parts-kits/cool-guy-lpk-kit.html

what do y'all think of this setup? Is there another lpk that y'all would advise over this one? Ive read through some of the threads on lpks and lmt and colt are recommended but I haven't seen anything on this brand yet, I want to get one with an enhanced trigger guard so this is why I chose this one. but its all give and take so if anyone recommends another for same or cheaper lemme know! thanks

discreet
01-23-14, 14:42
http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/ar-15-m-16-parts/lower-receivers-parts/lower-parts-kits/cool-guy-lpk-kit.html

what do y'all think of this setup? Is there another lpk that y'all would advise over this one? Ive read through some of the threads on lpks and lmt and colt are recommended but I haven't seen anything on this brand yet, I want to get one with an enhanced trigger guard so this is why I chose this one. but its all give and take so if anyone recommends another for same or cheaper lemme know! thanks

A magpul trigger guard is no reason to buy a certain lpk. They like 6 bucks, just get a known good lpk and spend the 6 bucks extra on a guard.

IMO the whole "cool guy lpk" name completely puts me off.

davidjinks
01-23-14, 15:37
So, is there an actual "brand" of LPK listed there? It seems like they're putting together parts from various manufacturers and then giving it a gay name.

Are these actual Colt, LMT, KAC etc. LPKs?

ROK
01-23-14, 16:03
I have a White Oak Armament LPK in front of me. Unknown source of all parts. Ships in a zip-loc bag.
Waiting on a Mega forged lower for these parts final home, but dry fit in a Colt 6920 seems fine.
http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17602&cat=283&page=1

And a la carte->
http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/home.php?cat=283

Shipped quickly. Also bought their A2 stock and buffer assembly. Also no mention or markings of source.

docsherm
01-23-14, 16:17
All you are doing is setting up a parts kit so that you do not have to buy a trigger and replace it.....or so on. Great idea and I have one sitting in my gun room right now. Look legit.

ScatmanCrothers
01-23-14, 16:24
From my experience WO sells nothing but quality gear and their CS is top notch. No first hand experience with this lpk but I wouldn't hesitate to try one out personally. If they say its comprised of quality parts then it most likely is. Contacting them and asking for manufacturers wouldn't be out of the question iyam. Seems like a more logical step than judging it based on some random moniker they labelled it with.

briguy64
01-23-14, 16:38
I've used two different sets of WO LPKs, both from weapon outfitters and have had no issues with figment nor installation on a spikes and noveske lower. I haven't run the rifles hard so I can't speak to durability, but from a fitting standpoint they were perfect.

Onyx Z
01-23-14, 18:30
I have 2 WOA lpk's and I have had the same positive experience with both.

ra2bach
01-23-14, 23:08
wait... so is this thread about White Oak Armament or Weapon Outfitters? I'm so confused...

_Stormin_
01-23-14, 23:32
The parts kit in question is one from WOA, that Weapon Outfitters lets you customize. Lame "cool guy" name, but the parts kit will work just fine.

Jonny4523
01-24-14, 11:33
I think it sounds like a good idea. The price for the WOA kit is better than on the WOA website; the prices of the ALG ACT trigger, Magpul trigger guard, and the BCM pistol grip is better than straight from BCM. WOA is very popular with NRA high power shooters. I have one of their rifles and it shoot lights out (at least to the best of my abilities). Their highly respected for their quality.

My only problem is that it looks like it forces you to buy one of the listed triggers. It'd be nice to get the WOA LPK and BCM pistol grip, and then get one of the Geisseles cheaper elsewhere.

stx.dead.I
01-24-14, 11:38
I think it sounds like a good idea. The price for the WOA kit is better than on the WOA website; the prices of the ALG ACT trigger, Magpul trigger guard, and the BCM pistol grip is better than straight from BCM. WOA is very popular with NRA high power shooters. I have one of their rifles and it shoot lights out (at least to the best of my abilities). Their highly respected for their quality.

My only problem is that it looks like it forces you to buy one of the listed triggers. It'd be nice to get the WOA LPK and BCM pistol grip, and then get one of the Geisseles cheaper elsewhere.

The geisseles are a little higher than I'm willing to pay

Jonny4523
01-24-14, 11:48
The geisseles are a little higher than I'm willing to pay

I was just saying that's what I would do. My point being it'd be nice not to be forced to buy the trigger if they're going to offer a 'customizable' kit like that.

stx.dead.I
01-24-14, 11:57
I was just saying that's what I would do. My point being it'd be nice not to be forced to buy the trigger if they're going to offer a 'customizable' kit like that.

Ok I gotcha

ra2bach
01-24-14, 12:08

an opportunity to choose the components in an LPK? sounds awesome. especially because it would reduce my collection of unused GI triggers and A2 grips that I just end up throwing away...

quaesitor logica
01-24-14, 14:05

Really cant go wrong here. You set up the kit to your tastes with quality offerings. I have ordered three WOA kits from W.O and have had good service and product.

stx.dead.I
01-24-14, 14:38
Really cant go wrong here. You set up the kit to your tastes with quality offerings. I have ordered three WOA kits from W.O and have had good service and product.

Which trigger(s) did you go with and have you had good experiences with it or them?

quaesitor logica
01-24-14, 15:16
Which trigger(s) did you go with and have you had good experiences with it or them?

I ordered one W.O A LPK with a ALG QMS trigger for just under $80 shipped IIRC. The trigger was about 3 bucks more than other places but being able to buy the LPK without the trigger saved me about 20$ so I went with it.

stx.dead.I
01-29-14, 18:57
Got it in today, everything fits good and tight. Quality felt good. Next up is gonna be a buffer kit. I'll post a summary of the trigger after I get some rounds through the lower. Right now it feels a little heavy but not bad. Just more than what I'm used to.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/y3u3umyp.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/adurysym.jpg

Outlander Systems
01-29-14, 19:01
an opportunity to choose the components in an LPK? sounds awesome. especially because it would reduce my collection of unused GI triggers and A2 grips that I just end up throwing away...

I will buy any spare triggers, springs, etc. off of you if you want to unload them...

OP: I've used DD LPKs exclusively, and have had nothing but positive results. YMMV

Ops
01-29-14, 20:06
crop them toes out, or maybe socks