PDA

View Full Version : 7.62x39 MRP Bbl...

Razorhunter
05-16-08, 22:35
I received my 6.8 MRP bbl today, for my new CQB MRP Upper.
LMT always sends me the same old catalog, with the drawing of the 3 soldiers on the front, all of whom are yeilding MRP's in the picture.
Today however, they sent a different catalog, which was much nicer, and had color photos/etc. This new catalog was long and narrow, almost shaped about the size of an envelope.
Anyhow, I was thumbing through it, and noticed that they are advertising the MRP bbls as being available in not only .204 Ruger, 5.56, and 6.8, but ALSO 7.62x39.
Now I am wondering if 7.62x39 is COMING FOR SURE, OR if this is old news, and LMT dropped the idea, and maybe I just received an old catalog from a time when they WERE planning on releasing a 7.62x39 MRP bbl?
I know that their new gas piston MRP is in this same catalog, so I know it's not a REALLY old catalog.
IF they indeed are going to offer 7.62x39, can anyone confirm what magazines they will offer, or recommend?
I mean, will there be an adaptor setup, to take AK mags, or will they be depending on CPRODUCTS AK mags, or other companies to design and manufacture these mags?
Anyone know about this? I will be calling LMT Monday, if I cannot get any confirmed or well advised info.
Thanks.

Cold Zero
05-16-08, 22:46
7.62 x 39 mags that hold more than 10 rds. may be difficult to locate. LEt us know if you find any.

variablebinary
05-17-08, 05:22
The MRP is ripe for a 7.62x39 conversion after CP releases their 30 round mag

This is the same mag the XCR conversion is waiting on.

thetallengineer
05-20-08, 14:55
I contacted LMT about this and they responded that they were going to do a kit for 7.62x39 but scrapped the project when they were unable to locate any magazines that functioned correctly.

It would be nice if they offered one but I guess we will have to wait and see what the future holds.

Razorhunter
05-20-08, 15:59
Damn, what a shame it is that such a sweet project has to be scrapped over a lousy magazine issue? All these years and no one has mags for this purpose. Hell, would be nice if LMT would just add the machinery to their already thriving CNC shop, and just make the mags themselves.
Damn what I would do if I had the capability to make mags.

thetallengineer
05-20-08, 16:08
It might still be a possibility, but will require someone creating a HiCap mag that works. CProducts have been working on theirs for a while and they are still not available.

CleverNickname
06-14-08, 14:02
Well the C Products mags are available now. http://www.cproductsllc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=cp&Category_Code=762

Has anyone heard anything from LMT about 7.62 barrels lately? If not I guess I'll be calling them on Monday.

Razorhunter
06-14-08, 14:40
While you are at it, would you put in a request for a 6.8 bbl, with updated specs?
We are trying to get everyone we can, to pressure them to build a 6.8 bbl with improved SPCII or DMR Chamber, and 1:11 twist rate.
Every person that mentions this request to LMT, will help.
Thanks.