PDA

View Full Version : Eleven10 and Raven Concealment Mini Med kit

CoryCop25
01-24-14, 15:50
Has anyone seen this yet? A friend of mine just told me about this.....
A mini blowout kit that has custom made items to keep the kit small and light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvuRfBMMJcs

SeriousStudent
01-24-14, 19:44
Yup.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?146460-Raven-Concealment-SHOT-2014-by-SMGLee

Looks pretty interesting to me, I'll probably snag one.

ETA: Chen has some pics posted in the thread I referenced above. CoryCop25 and I chatted about it, and it makes more sense to keep this thread open for a discussion on the med kit, rather than derail SMGLee's photo thread with a more narrow medical topic.

I'd be really interested on any input the RCS folks could provide as well.

Captnstabn
01-28-14, 18:14
The youtube vid says $299!? I get that the pieces are proprietary, but damn that is a lot of money. I think I can deal with the size of a regular blowout kit for that cost difference.

CoryCop25
01-28-14, 20:37
The youtube vid says $299!? I get that the pieces are proprietary, but damn that is a lot of money. I think I can deal with the size of a regular blowout kit for that cost difference.

HOLY SMOKES!
Maybe we can prove or disprove this price.....

lunchbox
01-28-14, 21:02
For $300 it better have a miniature EMT in there. Was really interested in this, even signed up on their web site email flyer. But not for that price.

CoryCop25
01-28-14, 21:26
I don't wanna jump the gun on the price issue yet.
I am guessing that a reasonable price is gong to be around the $150 mark (I hope).
Considering that the BFG Trauma kit NOW is $80 empty and this kit comes stocked with items specifically made for the pouch, $150 sounds good, $299 not so good.....

docsherm
01-29-14, 08:47
You could make your own Low-Viz IFAK for a lot less. Just find a small pouch at Wal-Mart and fill it. I do not see the point......

_Stormin_
01-29-14, 10:07
Definitely interested depending upon price. $300 seems a bit steep, but at $150 it would be an easy pick up.

chuckman
01-29-14, 13:44
You could make your own Low-Viz IFAK for a lot less. Just find a small pouch at Wal-Mart and fill it. I do not see the point......

This. Most IFAKs are, I believe, overpriced.

My issue with proprietary equipment/supplies (this or any other) is what happens when you need it and someone is going to use it on you...and has never seen the product?

tb-av
01-29-14, 14:06
I don't like most most things that tie you into the "we customized it for you" model. That usually means.. a) you can't tweak it, and b) resupply is over priced... and at $300 to get in the game... wow... and people complain about ammo prices. Then again... I think Twitter is stupid so what do I know.

weggy
01-29-14, 14:17
I'm sure I can put together my own med kit for a whole lot less money.

srsbiz
04-01-14, 09:22
Liked the idea until I saw the price.

glocktogo
04-01-14, 09:56
I guess miniaturization is expensive! Anyone figured out how many ounces/cubic inches of space this saves, and what that costs per unit vs. a traditional blowout kit is?

TAZ
04-01-14, 10:14
Seems like a neat idea especially coupled with the TQ holder and an RCS moduloader. Can slip it on your belt at the range and never notice it. If that price is correct this thing will be a super niche item for those who can afford or truly need something that teeeeeeny.

TomF
04-01-14, 10:57

The benefit is the size/weight. If the end user needs those benefits, then price might not be so important. The specific components in the CLEER Medical kit cannot be purchased on their own as many of them are proprietary to this medical kit.

Sure, a ziplock bag can make a good med kit, but it's going to be bigger and heavier. Depends on your need.

A $400 Aimpoint Pro is effectively the same as a $700 T1 w/ mount, but people still pay the additional $300 for the form factor.

ftbear
08-02-14, 09:40
Where did it go? Why did it go?

TXBK
08-02-14, 10:23
Demand must not have been as high as the price.

MountainRaven
02-06-15, 21:08
Still available on Eleven 10 Gear's website.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing.