PDA

View Full Version : SCCY?

J-Dub
01-24-14, 17:26
So what the heck are these things, the new jazzed up hipointesque pistol? I'll be honest the first one I ever saw was a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to run it....I've never been stumped on who manufactured a firearm, but this one got me.

The one I "found" was complete with a broken safety latch...and two mismatched FMJ rounds.

EDIT: apparently I missed the military arms youtube short take with the SCCY...

wahoo95
01-24-14, 18:14
I've sold a few to folks looking for them as they're popular in the low cost crowd. Its thick, blocky, has a horrible trigger but cost around $250-275.

Redhat
01-25-14, 10:57
I've sold a few to folks looking for them as they're popular in the low cost crowd. Its thick, blocky, has a horrible trigger but cost around $250-275.

Anything on reliability?

wahoo95
01-25-14, 11:15
So far they've proven reliable. The older models had some issues but apparently were worked out with the new ones.

FAB45
01-26-14, 01:14
Someone I know has one, horrible experiences so far, had trigger replaced twice, also had ejection issues. They had the "new" internals put in and still had failures. This persons was not reliable at all, maybe an isolated issue but it seems SCCY has a lot to work out before these are gtg. I witnessed many of these issues first hand. Buy a Glock.

J-Dub
01-29-14, 07:56
Someone I know has one, horrible experiences so far, had trigger replaced twice, also had ejection issues. They had the "new" internals put in and still had failures. This persons was not reliable at all, maybe an isolated issue but it seems SCCY has a lot to work out before these are gtg. I witnessed many of these issues first hand. Buy a Glock.

LOL for sure I'd never spend a dime on a SCCY.

TACTICAL45
01-29-14, 10:16
Same here, not much good to say for them. A couple of my military buddies bought one before talking to me. We went to the range, seen enough to know enough. I have thousands of rounds through all four of my Glocks and not had an issue due to the weapon. Only issues I have had were due to cheap ammo.