PDA

View Full Version : Active shooter a Columbia mall, MD

graffex
01-25-14, 11:02
Not a lot of details right now but apparently another active shooter at a mall. This time only down the road from me a few miles.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Columbia-Mall-shooting-Police-Active-Shooter-in-Columbia-Mall--241962941.html

graffex
01-25-14, 11:17
According to some local sources multiple people shot atleast 2 dead.

Police currently bringing out mall patrons in groups. No word yet on the shooter.

platoonDaddy
01-25-14, 11:18
Few 'twitter' accounts reporting he had a shotgun. Three priority 4's.

Mauser KAR98K
01-25-14, 11:27
Prayers to the families.

MD, that's an anti-gun state, right?

graffex
01-25-14, 11:28
Prayers to the families.

You bet!

platoonDaddy
01-25-14, 11:32
Prayers to the families.

Very strict gun laws and almost impossible to get a carry permit.

platoonDaddy
01-25-14, 11:34
Call came into 911 around 11:15 a.m. that shots were fired. Police made entry and found three dead, one found near a gun and ammunition.

https://twitter.com/HCPDNews/status/427130581810696192

graffex
01-25-14, 11:34
Hearing now 3 confirmed dead. Still no word on the shooter. Reports are that it happened inside a zumies in the mall. I actually have 2 friends that are in the mall locked down and they're giving me info. Friends seem to believe it's more than one shooter.

wahoo95
01-25-14, 11:38
Prayers to the family. I can only speculate that this is either a personal matter/love triangle or disgruntled employee at this point.

feedramp
01-25-14, 12:13

graffex
01-25-14, 12:24
Never seen so many stupid people as in the comments here: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/maryland-mall-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

But it is Maryland, so not surprising the comments section for an article about an incident in Maryland is full of mindless progressives mouthing "ban gun, ban guns".

It's CNN only libtards read that drivel.

Phillygunguy
01-25-14, 12:28
This is getting beyond out of control, Sad to Say It's going to be worse this year than 2013 start buying now folks

TurretGunner
01-25-14, 12:59
People in Maryland should have to Eat the Cake they Bake. Im actualy heading up that way now, My GF lives about 5 mins from the Mall.

With that being said, its only 2 vic. Not really a mass shooting. It will be long forgotten by the next news cycle.

Phillygunguy
01-25-14, 13:06
People in Maryland should have to Eat the Cake they Bake. Im actualy heading up that way now, My GF lives about 5 mins from the Mall.

With that being said, its only 2 vic. Not really a mass shooting. It will be long forgotten by the next news cycle.

I wouldn't count on that, this is an election year and the Dems promised to push Gun control these shootings give them momentum.

SilverBullet432
01-25-14, 13:22
Im glad we are allowed to carry (licensed of course and concealed) at our mall. Things like this happen everyday. Why dont we hear about every shooting that goes on in chicago every hour? Nope. Libs love big juicy attention. Prayers to the victims and all those affected.

Heavy Metal
01-25-14, 13:46
I wouldn't count on that, this is an election year and the Dems promised to push Gun control these shootings give them momentum.

Doesn't fit the narrative, he used a Joe Biden.

platoonDaddy
01-25-14, 14:14
Tweets from Howard County PD (really like this feature) https://twitter.com/HCPDNews

#HoCoPolice investigators say gun found near suspected shooter at #ColumbiaMall was a shotgun.
Expand

#HoCoPolice are confirming the location of the shooting was a skate shop called Zumiez on mall's upper level. Cannot yet confirm victim info

Howard County Police ‏@HCPDNews 54m

Howard County General Hospital has confirmed they are treating a victim from mall who suffered gunshot wound to foot.

platoonDaddy
01-25-14, 14:56
Interesting:

“I came out of the bathroom, my daughters were on the merry-go-round upstairs and I heard the shots and my husband, I see him jump over the table, people were running. All of a sudden, my husband said, ‘Watch out!’ I looked up at the second floor and the shooter is looking straight at me with a shotgun. My niece and my girlfriend was with me at the time and she screamed and I think it took the shooter out of trance, because when he looked at me it was like he looked at me as if to say, he had already shot two people and he looked at me he was just like stunned. When he shot towards me, my husband said, ‘Duck!’ I ducked, and the bullet went right across my head and the plaster from the wall fell all over me. And then he shot again and he almost hit my girlfriend. So my husband took my kids and he ran upstairs right in front of the shooter and jumped over the merry-go-round and broke his jaw but he got the kids and saved the kids,” Shafon said.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/01/25/police-investigate-reports-of-shooting-in-columbia-mall/

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-14, 15:02
Let's see thats how many shootings this week?

Maryland Mall
University of Oklahoma (or was that just an engine backfire?)
South Carolina State University
Purdue

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?146316-dang-another-College-shooting-now-Okla

Airhasz
01-25-14, 15:25
Interesting:

“I came out of the bathroom, my daughters were on the merry-go-round upstairs and I heard the shots and my husband, I see him jump over the table, people were running. All of a sudden, my husband said, ‘Watch out!’ I looked up at the second floor and the shooter is looking straight at me with a shotgun. My niece and my girlfriend was with me at the time and she screamed and I think it took the shooter out of trance, because when he looked at me it was like he looked at me as if to say, he had already shot two people and he looked at me he was just like stunned. When he shot towards me, my husband said, ‘Duck!’ I ducked, and the bullet went right across my head and the plaster from the wall fell all over me. And then he shot again and he almost hit my girlfriend. So my husband took my kids and he ran upstairs right in front of the shooter and jumped over the merry-go-round and broke his jaw but he got the kids and saved the kids,” Shafon said.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/01/25/police-investigate-reports-of-shooting-in-columbia-mall/

Wow, that quote really makes one feel like they are there. Can't imagine how afraid they were for their lives.

tb-av
01-25-14, 15:28

Absolutely,,, they will combine them and take the best of each one to advertise with... like Captain's Choice golf. Just tale the 30 rnd mag from this State, the cumulative numbers, the AR from another State crime, toss in some VA Tech, sprinkle on a liberal dose of Sandy Hook and you have the perfect FU 2A Salad. Serves up in 15 seconds 24 hours a day on the MSM with a side order of images of black rifles and dead children for anyone not listening.

DragonDoc
01-25-14, 15:30
The Sheriff just stated the crimes were committed with a Shotgun. Prayers for the family of the victims. I know I'll probably take flak for saying this but I gotta take the low hanging fruit. Nice to know Dems are following the V.P.s advice and are getting shotguns. I bet this won't be a story very long.

platoonDaddy
01-25-14, 15:35
Balto news stated it was a single shot shotgun. No idea what this means, but the reporter kept emphasizing where did he get all the ammunition. Two employees of the store and he are dead.

jerrysimons
01-25-14, 16:36
Were there a lot of shootings this week or were there a typical number of shootings often reported? I don't know to be honest. Long term statistics lean towards the latter. I suppose it is false to assume shootings happen at a linear rate. knowing the MSM is in bed with the libs, I have no doubt every public shooting will be churned out of the media machine in favor of gun control this election year. With the goal of creating a perception shootings are on the rise and something, anything must be done.

That first person account really puts you in the moment.
When she said my husband yelled "look out", how badly did you hope you the next thing you were going to read was "as he drew his Glock 19 and shot the POS pointing his shotgun at me"

But we know better because it happened in MD.

Heavy Metal
01-25-14, 16:55
No idea what this means,

I will tell you what it means: Minority+Shotgun=Joe Biden=Forgotten by Tuesday.

WillBrink
01-25-14, 17:07
Hearing now 3 confirmed dead. Still no word on the shooter. Reports are that it happened inside a zumies in the mall. I actually have 2 friends that are in the mall locked down and they're giving me info. Friends seem to believe it's more than one shooter.

I hope their armed and able to defend themselves if needed. I wish them best of luck.

tb-av
01-25-14, 17:20
I just heard the shooter shot himself.... this was a little after 6PM Eastern

wahoo95
01-25-14, 17:52
Third Hand Info, however my friends buddy is Columbia PD and says its a suspected Love Triangle Murder/Suicide. Apparently the guy became in and killed his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend who worked together. He then killed himself. Again that's a third hand summary of events so we'll know more soon.

Armati
01-25-14, 18:17
Let's see thats how many shootings this week?

Maryland Mall
University of Oklahoma (or was that just an engine backfire?)
South Carolina State University
Purdue

Notice how all of these shootings happen in suburban areas?

In "The City" this never happens. When someone gets shot in "The City" it is the same small select segment of a particular socio-economic group. "Normal" people are essentially unaffected by gun crime.

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-14, 19:01
Notice how all of these shootings happen in suburban areas?

In "The City" this never happens. When someone gets shot in "The City" it is the same small select segment of a particular socio-economic group. "Normal" people are essentially unaffected by gun crime.

Yup.

From Obama's second . . . err third hometown no less:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/ChicagoC_zpsdb764954.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/ChicagoC_zpsdb764954.jpg.html)

platoonDaddy
01-25-14, 19:33
Third Hand Info, however my friends buddy is Columbia PD and says its a suspected Love Triangle Murder/Suicide. Apparently the guy became in and killed his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend who worked together. He then killed himself. Again that's a third hand summary of events so we'll know more soon.

Police have identified the victims as 21-year-old Briana Benlolo of College Park and 25-year-old Tyler Johnson of Ellicott City.

On her Facebook page, Benlolo identitifies herself as the assistant manager of the store.

WBAL's John Patti quotes sources who say the gunman was Benlolo's ex-boyfriend, and Johnson was Benlolo's fiancee.

http://www.wbal.com/article/105044/40/video-3-dead-including-gunman-at-columbia-mall-shooting-victims-identified

platoonDaddy
01-26-14, 12:35
Former West Point graduate & Ranger Gordon Livingston, a psychiatrist in Howard County was quoted in the Balto paper today on the shooting. As my granddaddy would say "frig him!"

"Anyone who believes that they need to go about the world while armed has proven their cowardice," he said. "To have such an idea sanctioned by the state is an endorsement of the fear that we are not safe with each other.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/830/article/p2p-79041802/

graffex
01-26-14, 12:40
Sigh, what a toolbag.

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using Tapatalk

WillBrink
01-26-14, 12:53
Former West Point graduate & Ranger Gordon Livingston, a psychiatrist in Howard County was quoted in the Balto paper today on the shooting. As my granddaddy would say "frig him!"

"Anyone who believes that they need to go about the world while armed has proven their cowardice," he said. "To have such an idea sanctioned by the state is an endorsement of the fear that we are not safe with each other.

Meanwhile in the real world:

"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You'll pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins." -- Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, Mafia hit man

If Mr. Livingston wishes to face armed people with his bare hands because he's a tough guy and not a coward, call me a coward if you wish Mr. Livingston, but respect my Const. Protected Rights and I'll respect and protect your 1A Rights to say stupid ass sh&%....

Armati
01-26-14, 13:31
I wish they would stop calling Columbia a Baltimore suburb. It is actually govt subsidised housing as most of the residents in Columbia work in Washington DC - sort of like Section 8 for people on the upper end of the income scale.

Phillygunguy
01-26-14, 13:33
Apparently he's 19 who "legally bought a shotgun" He's also Non white judging by his name
Police identify shooter in Maryland mall shooting, http://fxn.ws/1aXIaB0 - Sent via the FOX News Android App.

platoonDaddy
01-26-14, 15:45
Meanwhile in the real world:

"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You'll pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins." -- Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, Mafia hit man

If Mr. Livingston wishes to face armed people with his bare hands because he's a tough guy and not a coward, call me a coward if you wish Mr. Livingston, but respect my Const. Protected Rights and I'll respect and protect your 1A Rights to say stupid ass sh&%....

I agree 100% with everything you stated, the libs are friggin nuts. As for Mr. Livingston, it is obvious that he doesn't respect our rights and therefore frig him. I am anchored to UMMC, with a child with special needs, otherwise I would have left years ago.

Now we have another wack'o group demanding change. It is unbelievable the number of groups that want to disarm us and a POTUS who has stated a pen & phone are mightier than Congress. Sadly that is probably true, the majority of "R's" in congress are weak and ineffective.

BALTIMORE, Jan. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In response to the shooting yesterday at Columbia Mall in Howard County, Maryland, that left three people dead including the shooter, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America members renewed their call for political leaders to take steps to prevent gun violence. A Maryland Moms Demand Action member and her 2-year-old child were among hundreds of shoppers who were on lockdown for hours inside the mall as the scene was cleared. This incident happened on the heels of a 10-day spate of six school shootings.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maryland-members-of-moms-demand-action-renew-call-for-change-in-light-of-deadly-shooting-at-columbia-mall-242074771.html

NCPatrolAR
01-26-14, 16:00
I wish people would stop calling every shooting that occurs in a public place an active shooter incident

T2C
01-26-14, 16:02

It would be easy to guess how Mr. Livingston feels about the concept of individual responsibility.

Honu
01-26-14, 16:51
texting and driving kills about 11 TEENS a day according to gov stats ? so where is the outcry to ban cell phones ?

again not saying its not bad what happened ?

but instead of arguing I just start asking the lefties how come there is not more outcry at this horrible killer !!! and what are they doing about it ! and why they are not banning cell phones and why do parents GIVE cell phones and keys to kids knowing the death stats are so high !!!!

ggammell
01-26-14, 20:04
I wish people would stop calling every shooting that occurs in a public place an active shooter incident

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Moose-Knuckle
01-27-14, 01:35
texting and driving kills about 11 TEENS a day according to gov stats ? so where is the outcry to ban cell phones ?

again not saying its not bad what happened ?

but instead of arguing I just start asking the lefties how come there is not more outcry at this horrible killer !!! and what are they doing about it ! and why they are not banning cell phones and why do parents GIVE cell phones and keys to kids knowing the death stats are so high !!!!

Easy.

They want us to have access to inexpensive handheld electronic devices so they can spy on us with ease. They want to ban firearms via the guise of public safety so we can't fight back.

TurretGunner
01-27-14, 07:55
Easy.

They want us to have access to inexpensive handheld electronic devices so they can spy on us with ease. They want to ban firearms via the guise of public safety so we can't fight back.

Rumor is, its either a NEF single or a mossberg pump. Conflicting reports from PD and News.

Either way, MD's draconian and oppresive laws ensure that its citizens don't even have a fighting chance should death come knocking on their door.

All Politicans and Agents of the state should be criminaly and financialy liable for such circumstances.

Koshinn
01-27-14, 09:11

That's what it's defined as during the events... am I missing something?

Interestingly the DHS booklet on active shooters says this:
Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. Typically, the immediate deployment of law enforcement is required to stop the shooting and mitigate harm to victims. Because active shooter situations are often over within 10 to 15 minutes, before law enforcement arrives on the scene, individuals must be prepared both mentally and physically to deal with an active shooter situation.

So which is it, DHS? Are they typically stopped by the deployment of law enforcement, or are they often over before law enforcement arrives?

TurretGunner
01-27-14, 11:03

Interestingly the DHS booklet on active shooters says this:
Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. Typically, the immediate deployment of law enforcement is required to stop the shooting and mitigate harm to victims. Because active shooter situations are often over within 10 to 15 minutes, before law enforcement arrives on the scene, individuals must be prepared both mentally and physically to deal with an active shooter situation.

So which is it, DHS? Are they typically stopped by the deployment of law enforcement, or are they often over before law enforcement arrives?

Its not an active shooter when the dude dusts his vics then himself with minutes. It is called a suicide/murder.

Active shooter is termed out of ignorance or lack of SA. Example.... WNY was conidered an active shooter for like 20 Hours...... it was over in less than an hour, most likely less than 30 mins. They still treat it as such, despite the suspect being killed.

NCPatrolAR
01-27-14, 11:40

No; it's defined as such by the media after the event is over. If a person walks into a store, kills his ex and her new fling, and then kills himself then you have a double homicide followed by a suicide. Active shooter situations are where you have a suspect, or suspects, in the process of actively killing/attempting to kill as many people as possible

davidjinks
01-27-14, 19:23
I find it ironic that this guy is saying what he's saying about arms.

Irony: Former Army Ranger, trained in the craft of killing the enemy with weapons, is calling Americans who excersise their constitutional rights (That he so dutifully swore to protect) cowards.

I wonder if he's a suppa Ranger who fought the enemy with his bare hands and that crazy martial art of striking people with air.

It would be easy to guess how Mr. Livingston feels about the concept of individual responsibility.

graffex
01-27-14, 20:28
I find it ironic that this guy is saying what he's saying about arms.

Irony: Former Army Ranger, trained in the craft of killing the enemy with weapons, is calling Americans who excersise their constitutional rights (That he so dutifully swore to protect) cowards.

I wonder if he's a suppa Ranger who fought the enemy with his bare hands and that crazy martial art of striking people with air.

http://www.gordonlivingston.com/about/

The guy is a complete assclown.

"While in Vietnam he registered a public protest against the war and subsequently left the Army."

jerrysimons
01-28-14, 08:35

Deluded fools! Actually believe that being murdered by someone with a gun is to die a martyr of peace.
You know, because guns are the reason humanity is depraved; and because people can't be murdered with a knife.

Fools can die believing their delusion, but we will keep our guns for defense of life and liberty, Thank you very much.

And yet they, right before they soo courageously give their lives to murderers as martyrs of peace, will continue to call someone with a gun when they are threatened with death and then pray they show up in time.