PDA

View Full Version : Revolver conversion

nate89
01-25-14, 21:43
I have a plan, I want to hear some feedback. I have a Smith and Wesson model 28, and I want to convert it into a model 25. I got it with a ring in the barrel (yeah, I didn't know what to look for back then, and I was a bit too trusting, but i learned my lesson and am trying to make the best of it).

I have heard of it being done, and since I already have a 6 shot .357 ( a Model 19), I really want a moon clip .45 to compete with. I can buy a cylinder and barrel from midway for under $300, and I would have to pay a gunsmith to install them. Any ideas on potential cost, reasons why not to do it, who I could send it to, etc.? Thanks all in advance for the input!

Mr blasty
01-25-14, 22:06
I have a plan, I want to hear some feedback. I have a Smith and Wesson model 28, and I want to convert it into a model 25. I got it with a ring in the barrel (yeah, I didn't know what to look for back then, and I was a bit too trusting, but i learned my lesson and am trying to make the best of it).

I have heard of it being done, and since I already have a 6 shot .357 ( a Model 19), I really want a moon clip .45 to compete with. I can buy a cylinder and barrel from midway for under $300, and I would have to pay a gunsmith to install them. Any ideas on potential cost, reasons why not to do it, who I could send it to, etc.? Thanks all in advance for the input!

Mr Smith on here is a revolver God. Look for his post and you will see why for your self. Pm him and he can give you details.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Mr. Smith
01-27-14, 10:07
You will spend about the same on labor as on parts.

nate89
01-27-14, 15:40
I was figuring it would be at least a few hundred for labor, plus the time at a shop.

walkin' trails
01-28-14, 18:58
I think it was Bowen Classic Arms that is noted for performing some beautiful caliber conversions on old N-frame revolvers. Personally I can't think of any good reason for you not to do it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk