PDA

View Full Version : Alright M&P gurus... FTRB issue

knoxtnshooter
01-25-14, 22:09
My midsize M&P45 likes to FTRB. When it hangs up its maybe 1/8" shy of where it should be. I've read of the extractor tension issues, but I can replicate this with an empty chamber so I don't think that is an issue.

Gun has the DCAEK in it, and i put the slightest of bends on the trigger bar. Note that this issue occured before I bent the trigger bar.

With an empty chamber, I can get it to hang up with the trigger released but with the trigger held to the rear it will not exhibit this behavior. One last data point, when it is hung up with the empty chamber I can pull the trigger to return it to battery. However, when I've noted this while live firing, I get a dead trigger.

My thoughts are that it is tied to the interaction between the trigger bar and the striker block. I think that pulling the trigger (which feels like a "wall", not a normal pull) depresses striker block enough to allow everything to move forward. I'm just not sure how to narrow it down from there.

Any thoughts from the experts? Thanks.

Stephen

NCPatrolAR
01-25-14, 23:14
How many rounds do you have through the gun? When my full size M&P40 started to fail to return to battery it was around the 7k mark and was solved by replacing the RSA

High Altitude
01-26-14, 00:06
Besides the RSA, I would check the striker block, make sure it moves freely, spring is installed correctly and not jammed in there crooked, try a different trigger bar etc....

brushy bill
01-26-14, 07:58
How many rounds do you have through the gun? When my full size M&P40 started to fail to return to battery it was around the 7k mark and was solved by replacing the RSA

This is what I was thinking. Let us know how it turns out please.

knoxtnshooter
01-26-14, 08:18

I'm not the best at tracking rounds, but I'd be surprised if I had more than 1500 through it.

c3006
01-26-14, 14:56
Curious as to how old the gun is. Is it one of the early 45s or one you just recently purchased?

knoxtnshooter
01-26-14, 19:50
Curious as to how old the gun is. Is it one of the early 45s or one you just recently purchased?

I got it summer 2010