PDA

View Full Version : Trust barrel length question

stx.dead.I
01-27-14, 17:05
When filling out the barrel length portion of a trust application and the barrel length is still undecided. Is it important to know this before sending off the paperwork or is it ok to just out the shortest barrel length you plan on going?

Leaveammoforme
01-27-14, 17:13
From my understanding, you will want to put down as short as you want to go. Now if you put 7.5 barrel you need to actually own a 7.5 & retain it as long as lower is registered. Ive heard the ATF frowns on going shorter than listed barrel length but dont mind you going longer. I'm not a lawyer or expert. But I registered one at 7.5 for this reason.

eodinert
01-27-14, 21:54
It doesn't matter what length barrel you have on it after you get your stamp. The length on the stamp does not have to be equal to or less than the barrel length on the rifle. You do not have to keep an upper with the length listed on the stamp.

Pick the length you want to build right now, but in the future, if you want to put a different length barrel on it, it's fine.

Leaveammoforme
01-28-14, 00:03

This is what my statement is based from. Its marked 2008. Not retaining length as registered is a permanent change. Retaining length as registered is temporary change.

Iraqgunz
01-28-14, 02:08
All of this has been covered in numerous threads. An SBR is less than 16". It doesn't matter what length you put unless you make a permanent change. Retaining the barrel indicates you do not intend for the change to be permanent.